2023 NFL Thread v Super Bowl matchup: Chiefs vs. 49ers

Started by KevShmev, March 07, 2023, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoundscapeMN

"I have facility enough that I can throw down something, and play it, and play it correctly, and play it in time, but that doesn't make good records.  What makes good records for me, is when you capture a performance or you get some feeling that you get on tape and that you know you can't plan for it" -Kevin Gilbert

TAC

Quote from: lonestar on January 28, 2024, 05:13:49 PM
Let's hope the Lion's offense is worn out from running up and down our asses that first half...

:lol :lol

Quote from: lonestar on January 28, 2024, 05:13:49 PM
Fuck. I skipped my regular AA homegroup to watch this game, definitely needing a meeting more than ever right now lol.

Yeah, I was gonna say. You better make the call! :lol
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

faizoff

Its so crazy how momentum shifts in the NFL. 17 pt lead reduced to just 7 and the 49ers finally have some life.

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

El Barto

lonestar

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard

jammindude

The lions are still calling good plays they are just dropping the ball. This is ridiculous. Not only do the Niners have the momentum, but even the Lions plays that ARE working are riddled with mistakes.

It started with that fourth and two. Goff threw a fantastic pass that absolutely should have been caught and was just dropped. Since then, I've seen nothing but really sloppy play.

Puppies_On_Acid

TAC

Quote from: jammindude on January 28, 2024, 06:03:36 PM
The lions are still calling good plays they are just dropping the ball. This is ridiculous. Not only do the Niners have the momentum, but even the Lions plays that ARE working are riddled with mistakes.

It started with that fourth and two. Goff threw a fantastic pass that absolutely should have been caught and was just dropped. Since then, I've seen nothing but really sloppy play.

They've tightened up. It will be their undoing.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Stadler

Quote from: King Postwhore on January 28, 2024, 05:14:14 PM
Mahomes gets it done. Lamar doesn't. That's the storyline.

That's pretty much it.  I feel bad for Lamar but he had his chances, he had opportunity and did not deliver.  Fact.

Stadler

Quote from: DragonAttack on January 28, 2024, 04:38:33 PM
Bill, you do know that CBS is doing the SB, doncha? ☹️ 

I couldn't tell you one thing either one of them said all game. Try the volume control.....

Yeah, I know.  And I'll watch, reluctantly. 

But I'm liking Greg Olsen more and more.  He's bland but he keeps it about the football, no bullshit.    No fan shots, no pretending that he's best buds with the DC.... Simple and straightforward. 

TAC

Quote from: Stadler on January 28, 2024, 06:12:19 PM

But I'm liking Greg Olsen more and more.  He's bland but he keeps it about the football, no bullshit.   

He's really good.

jammindude

lonestar

Puppies_On_Acid

With the exception of some extreme incompetence the Niners will win this, but they absolutely cannot play like this against the Chiefs...

faizoff

Detroit really shooting themselves in the foot. Tough for them, they had heart and were unstoppable in the first half. Bad drops and a fumble really did them in.

El Barto

Quote from: DragonAttack on January 28, 2024, 04:38:33 PM
Bill, you do know that CBS is doing the SB, doncha? ☹️ 

I couldn't tell you one thing either one of them said all game. Try the volume control.....

Yeah, I know.  And I'll watch, reluctantly. 

But I'm liking Greg Olsen more and more.  He's bland but he keeps it about the football, no bullshit.    No fan shots, no pretending that he's best buds with the DC.... Simple and straightforward.
I'll be watching Nickelodeon's broadcast. Ian Eagle's kid Noah and Nate Burleson.

El Barto

Quote from: faizoff on January 28, 2024, 06:35:57 PM
Detroit really shooting themselves in the foot. Tough for them, they had heart and were unstoppable in the first half. Bad drops and a fumble really did them in.
I'd love to be rooting for Detroit, but financial interests made me a Niner's fan today.

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

lonestar

jammindude

And another drop from the lions seals the game

EDIT - never mind. It looked like he was past 10 yards in real time but the replay clearly showed he touched it early.

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

lonestar

hefdaddy42

Quote from: El Barto on January 28, 2024, 03:17:38 PM
In all fairness, does anybody really want to see another Chiefs Owl?
Honestly, that's rich coming from a Patriots fan. Welcome to how the rest of the league felt for 20 years.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

faizoff

Stadler

Cool Chris

I rarely actively listen to the broadcast much, but I am liking him and Kevin Burkhardt more and more as well. There is just such a more enjoyable vibe from them. "Simple and straightforward" is exactly it.   

bosk1

Wow, that did not go as expected.  But what a comeback!  I finished the game late because I had an afternoon Bible study to attend, and then had to go pick up my daughter, and then help get dinner ready.  So I watched the first half right up until they went down 21-7, and then did not get to finish the game until after 8:30 Pacific.  I was pretty down on whether they could come back from that since NOTHING seemed to be going right on either side of the ball.  Glad I was wrong.

Anyhow, I was preparing to come in here and congratulate the Lions fans.  No offense, but glad I don't have to.  VEGAS!!!

emtee

Congrats to the 49ers. Tough loss. Tossed and turned all night and maybe got 2 hours of sleep. No Monday morning quarterbacking from me. It was a great season. Campbell needs the learn that the objective is to advance and not to show the world you have the stones to go for it on 4th down so much.

King Postwhore

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on January 28, 2024, 06:54:25 PM
Honestly, that's rich coming from a Patriots fan. Welcome to how the rest of the league felt for 20 years.

Settle down, Bevis. I get it. Lol
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Stadler

Eh.   For me, it's true.   Even as a Pats fan - well, a BELICHICK fan; I'm not cool with the recent change in direction - I could very easily get behind other teams and root for them. I'm all in on the Niners this year for sure.  Watching Dre Greenlaw or Christian McCaffery play is like watching the ballet.  For me, "54-47" isn't a fun football game.  Watching each play waiting for the inevitable flag isn't a fun football game.  That WAS a penalty against the guy that almost ripped Purdy's face off, and if that was Mahomes, I have no doubt that they would have banned that Lion for life.  Watching Flowers get flagged for the EXACT SAME THING that Kelce did, but having Kelce celebrated isn't a fun football game. 

I'd much rather see a 10-7 defensive slugfest any day of the week, so for me, the Chiefs are like watching Yngwie Malmsteen or Mike Orlando; technically impressive, certainly not something most people can do, but emotionally unsatisfying. 

Stadler

So.... is it an appropriate question to ask who we like more?  Brock Purdy's mom or Connor Bedard's mom?

El Barto

Yeah, no doubt. Thanks for making my point.

Stadler

Local news had a story about a guy that was SO SURE that the Lions were going to win, he got a tattoo on his shoulder that said "Detroit Lions 2024 Champs" and had the Lion logo transposed over the Lombardi trophy.

Oops.