News:

Track-by-track video for Untethered Angel:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Co1_h0GtAw

Main Menu

"Big DT news" - MP

Started by COB55, March 03, 2010, 02:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OsMosis2259

Is there really a big connection with MP deleting his tweet and then the forum being down? 

Setlist Scotty

Quote from: glaurung on March 03, 2010, 08:40:40 PM
What is your connection to the band, Scotty? I always knew you had one but I never bothered to ask until now.

I started off with doing the tourography for MP, but it's grown from there - maintaining the MP.FAQ (which hasn't been updated in eons, I know), DT-izing cover art for when they do a cover live, interviewing MP on occasion for the fan clubs, designing the last 3 tourbooks and putting together the packaging for many of MP's side projects (all his tributes as well as the LTE live stuff). I think that's it...
Quote from: BlobVanDam on November 13, 2015, 07:37:14 PMAs a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.
Quote from: TAC on July 10, 2024, 08:26:41 AMPOW is awesome! :P

Plasmastrike

Fucking awesome line of work you're involved in man.

Scurvy!Dreams

This just in: James LaBrie to be an unlockable character in God of War III.

glaurung

Quote from: Setlist Scotty on March 03, 2010, 08:46:28 PM
What is your connection to the band, Scotty? I always knew you had one but I never bothered to ask until now.

I started off with doing the tourography for MP, but it's grown from there - maintaining the MP.FAQ (which hasn't been updated in eons, I know), DT-izing cover art for when they do a cover live, interviewing MP on occasion for the fan clubs, designing the last 3 tourbooks and putting together the packaging for many of MP's side projects (all his tributes as well as the LTE live stuff). I think that's it...

Ah, okay then. Thanks! :tup

That's got to be a fun job  :lol

DarkLord_Lalinc

Quote from: Scurvy!Dreams on March 03, 2010, 08:51:45 PM

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

lateralus88

Alternate final boss is the Count of Tuscany.

blackngold29

Quote from: DarkLord_Lalinc on March 03, 2010, 08:54:57 PM

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
The difficult part is unlocking the platinum shovel weapon.

Jamesman42

Well, let's not get our hopes up too much.
\o\ lol /o/

Scurvy!Dreams

Quote from: blackngold29 on March 03, 2010, 09:03:25 PM
The difficult part is unlocking the platinum shovel weapon.
And the especially special move that comes with it.

brakkum

This waiting thing is murdering my soul.

Nick

Well, I'm going to bed, hopefully good news awaits me in the morning.

Jamesman42

Quote from: Nick on March 03, 2010, 09:12:02 PM

Unfortunately, you'll still be Nick in the morning. Sorry.
\o\ lol /o/

ZBomber

Quote from: Jamesman on March 03, 2010, 09:13:18 PM

:rollin :rollin :rollin POTY material!

Plasmastrike

*clap*

juice

Quote from: Plasmastrike on March 03, 2010, 09:35:44 PM

:clap:
fix'd

setrataeso

Quote from: Setlist Scotty on March 03, 2010, 08:46:28 PM

MP Tourography? Hell, I think I'm as familar with your work as you are.

And the fact that there has yet to be an anouncement makes my blood boil.

brakkum

I am still waiting patiently... PATIENTLY I TELL YOU!!!!

Scurvy!Dreams

It's 1:30am EST. I think it's safe to say there won't be any announcement tonight.

brakkum

Quote from: Scurvy!Dreams on March 03, 2010, 10:31:09 PM
It's 1:30am EST. I think it's safe to say there won't be any announcement tonight.

I CAN DREAM A DREAM

AcidLameLTE

So I wake up to NOTHING?!

Zydar

Well I wouldn't say nothing :eyebrows:

tri.ad

The waiting and not-knowing is tough, isn't it? :D

AcidLameLTE

Martinman300

I just read this entire thread in about 3 seconds and no news!?!?!?!

First I thought that DVD cover was real. It looks amazing!

Nihil-Morari

Dammit Mike.

In the next 24 hours there will be big news, let's begin the countdown.

glaurung

Well, MP's forum is still down. I guess I'll go to bed and hope there's news in the morning.

contest_sanity

JLB is beginning his Broadway career, as well as becoming an Arctic explorer.  They asked Billy Joel to replace him, but Joel said that'd be like Charlie Dominici fronting a progressive metal band.  Therefore, Mike Portnoy is now the lead singer of Dream Theater.  Don't worry, though; David Prater will trigger all his vocals.  Ringo Starr will fill-in temporarily on drums.  They asked Neil Peart, but he had never heard of Dream Theater.  Jordan has also replaced himself in the band with the official Jordan app, which simulates perfectly everything the real Jordan would do.  JP completed his transformation into a bear and was subsequently slain by Stephen Colbert.  JMX will now handle all music and lyric writing duties -- expect to hear nothing but bass in the mix.  Kevin Moore, after finally tracking down and marrying the SDV girl, is now happy again and has rejoined the band.  He plays with more feeling than the Jordan app, but is not as technically proficient.  Fans are divided over who's better, but the real Jordan is too busy at Wizard School to care.  Derek Sherinian continues to get laid.   

THAT'S THE BIG NEWS!!!

Progmetty

haha it's noon here in Dubai and this has been going on this I woke up so it's working nicely for me heh
except for the part where I'm getting ready to get banned upon the announcement of a tour with another band.

Scurvy!Dreams

Quote from: contest_sanity on March 03, 2010, 11:59:48 PM
JLB is beginning his Broadway career, as well as becoming an Arctic explorer.  They asked Billy Joel to replace him, but Joel said that'd be like Charlie Dominici fronting a progressive metal band.  Therefore, Mike Portnoy is now the lead singer of Dream Theater.  Don't worry, though; David Prater will trigger all his vocals.  Ringo Starr will fill-in temporarily on drums.  They asked Neil Peart, but he had never heard of Dream Theater.  Jordan has also replaced himself in the band with the official Jordan app, which simulates perfectly everything the real Jordan would do.  JP completed his transformation into a bear and was subsequently slain by Stephen Colbert.  JMX will now handle all music and lyric writing duties -- expect to hear nothing but bass in the mix.  Kevin Moore, after finally tracking down and marrying the SDV girl, is now happy again and has rejoined the band.  He plays with more feeling than the Jordan app, but is not as technically proficient.  Fans are divided over who's better, but the real Jordan is too busy at Wizard School to care.  Derek Sherinian continues to get laid.   

THAT'S THE BIG NEWS!!!

Bravo. You probably missed a couple of memes, but nailed almost everything you included. Really elevated it above just wrote listing of the jokes, as so many would do. Good pacing and length. Five star post.

sneakyblueberry

Oh wow cool.  Some news.

contest_sanity

Quote from: Scurvy!Dreams on March 04, 2010, 12:08:47 AM
Quote from: contest_sanity on March 03, 2010, 11:59:48 PM

THAT'S THE BIG NEWS!!!

Bravo. You probably missed a couple of memes, but nailed almost everything you included. Really elevated it above just wrote listing of the jokes, as so many would do. Good pacing and length. Five star post.
Thanks!!!

TheVoxyn

Zydar

The suspense is killing me!

hefdaddy42

Quote from: blackngold29 on March 03, 2010, 08:03:51 PM
MP is probably in front of his computer right now with tabs open to various DT fan sites throughout the world and laughing.
This.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.