News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Biggest Dream Theater online community since 2007.

Main Menu

"Big DT news" - MP

Started by COB55, March 03, 2010, 02:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackngold29

Oh finally - https://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=7677942180&share_id=340822209159&comments=1#s340822209159

(If you can't see that it reads: "Did you miss Mike Portnoy & Terry Bozzio's appearance on The Drum Channel? It will be replayed on March 9th!") Glad to hear it. Good news.

glaurung

It would be really funny if that was actually the news he was hinting at.  :lol

ZeppelinDT

Semi-update:  About 15 minutes ago Roadrunner just tweeted that "There will be a big announcement today."  Didn't specifically mention DT, but if this isn't what they were talking about, seems like an awfully big coincidence.

blackngold29

At least it was confirmed for "today." Saying "soon" in the internet age means within hours or minutes.

moffatt

Samsara

Quote from: ZeppelinDT on March 04, 2010, 10:32:48 AM
Semi-update:  About 15 minutes ago Roadrunner just tweeted that "There will be a big announcement today."  Didn't specifically mention DT, but if this isn't what they were talking about, seems like an awfully big coincidence.

Perhaps Maiden is signing with Roadrunner for the band's new record, and DT is going out with them as openers and labelmates. Not sure if Maiden's record deal was up.

GuineaPig

There's no way Maiden's jumping from EMI.

They have too much power, too much money, and too much success to ever think about it, let alone when they're on their 15th album.

wasp2020

Shadow2222

Just over an hour until Maiden's announcement on their website.

SystematicThought

Quote from: Shadow2222 on March 04, 2010, 10:56:46 AM
Just over an hour until Maiden's announcement on their website.
This is nerve-wracking

Marvellous G

The fact that Maiden are probably involved actually makes me less excited.

Samsara

Quote from: GuineaPig on March 04, 2010, 10:46:13 AM

They have too much power, too much money, and too much success to ever think about it, let alone when they're on their 15th album.

I would agree. But you need to ask the question...if their album deal was done (not sure), if Roadrunner allowed them to keep most of the profit from the CD sales, and it was their last ever album, why not? It would gain Roadrunner a ton of exposure.

I agree with you that Maiden probably wouldn't leave EMI. But the possibility does exist IF, BIG IF, their deal was done.

Shadow2222

I'm not the hugest fan of Iron Maiden, but I like them enough that if this were true, I would be extremely excited.

I just hate to see DT only play 45 minutes to an hour.

TJPNET

Quote from: Marvellous G on March 04, 2010, 11:00:36 AM
The fact that Maiden are probably involved actually makes me less excited.

This. I don't care for Maiden, and if they come my way, I don't particularly want to see my first DT show with them as an opener or co-headliner.

antigoon

Me either, but you can't deny it's cool, big news for the band.

GuineaPig

Quote from: Samsära on March 04, 2010, 11:00:47 AM
Quote from: GuineaPig on March 04, 2010, 10:46:13 AM

I would agree. But you need to ask the question...if their album deal was done (not sure), if Roadrunner allowed them to keep most of the profit from the CD sales, and it was their last ever album, why not? It would gain Roadrunner a ton of exposure.

I agree with you that Maiden probably wouldn't leave EMI. But the possibility does exist IF, BIG IF, their deal was done.

https://www.billboard.com/news/iron-maiden-closes-integrated-deal-with-1003684293.story

That's from 2008, so Maiden's still with EMI (though it doesn't specify if it's for a certain number of albums; probably because Maiden themselves are unsure).  Besides, I figure if you've done 28 years and 14 albums with one label, are over 50, and only have 1 or 2 left in you, why switch it up if you're raking in the dough?

rumborak

DT will from now on be prog Oompah band. JR already replaced all patches with tuba, zither and accordion ones.

rumborak

antigoon

To be honest, I was hoping for gypsy jazz, but that's a good compromise.

Bone_Daddy

Quote from: Nick on March 03, 2010, 03:34:34 PM
Rush are touring, and they are doing part of the tour with Dream Theater as support...

I would crap.

..then crap some more.

Shadow2222

This wait is killing me. I'm afraid at the reaction of the forum if the Iron Maiden announcement has nothing to do with DT. I think 7% of the members will be happy, 3% will feel indifferent, and 90% will go absolutely insane, and break through the windows of locked threads, and start stealing posts.

rumborak

Why did you delete the stealing posts part?! That was awesome.

rumborak

antigoon

Eh, depends what the DT announcement is.

Shadow2222

Quote from: rumborak on March 04, 2010, 11:22:04 AM
Why did you delete the stealing posts part?! That was awesome.

rumborak

Its back now!  :D

Tuneman

JUST TELL US YOU LIED MP AND HAVE ACTUALLY COMPLETED YOUR NEXT ALBUM

TheVoxyn

ZBomber

MP's forums back up, and...
There are 158 members and 976080 guests. Most users ever online was 977687 at Thursday, March 04, 2010 1:18 PM

:lol

rumborak

I sincerely doubt 100,000 people are browsing the mp.com forum right now :lol

rumborak

Tuneman

There's no way a million peopel were on his forum

TheVoxyn

Check the amount of people that are watching this thread.

I will be pretty disappointed if it's rock band/guitar hero related btw.

GuineaPig

Holy crap there are almost a million people on mp.com

There are 158 members and 975946 guests. Most users ever online was 977687 at Thursday, March 04, 2010 1:18 PM

glaurung

That number can't be right. There's no way.

rumborak

I vaguely remember something like that on dt.net too, and it turned out to be a bug or something.

rumborak

TheVoxyn

Hello to all the 55 people that are reading this right now.

rumborak

54. I didn't read your post.

rumborak

Zydar