The Non-Lonely Hearts Club

Started by True Death of Life, March 08, 2010, 07:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

setrataeso

Quote from: MetalManiac666 on March 08, 2010, 08:11:55 PM
Wow, nice recovery time. :lol

About 70 minutes.
Fastest I've had in a while.

And no The Contest is about not fapping.

Ultimetalhead

setrataeso

I feel really bad for TDOL. She started this innocent thread, went to bed, and is now going to wake up to this.

lateralus88

Quote from: setrataeso on March 08, 2010, 08:12:55 PM
Quote from: MetalManiac666 on March 08, 2010, 08:11:55 PM
Wow, nice recovery time. :lol

About 70 minutes.
Fastest I've had in a while.

And no The Contest is about not fapping.
Wuss.

:P

But seriously, how about this goes back to talking about not being single? We all cool with that?

Gwii

I would find it entertaining.

I guess you're not Master of your Domain.

setrataeso

Quote from: Gwii on March 08, 2010, 08:14:33 PM
I would find it entertaining.

I guess you're not Master of your Domain.

I would die. And no, I am certainly not.

Ultimetalhead

It's not even a question of if I could do it. I physically CAN NOT go without it for a day.

setrataeso

Quote from: Ultimetalhead on March 08, 2010, 08:16:53 PM
It's not even a question of if I could do it. I physically CAN NOT go without it for a day.

I can. I have control, but it's just awesome.

Gwii

So can we change this thread title yet? I don't think this topic is changing back

Ultimetalhead

setrataeso

I feel closer to UMH already, just by starting this up.

That came out wrong.

XianL

You guys are nuts :lol

I felt honoured to be included in the short-lived poll, but I think my relationship status lends credence to reason why I wouldn't stand up to you two gentlemen.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, I AM IN A HAPPY RELATIONSHIP FULL OF METAL MUSIC AND VIDEO GAMES.

Took effort to bring the thread subject back into play.

lateralus88

Quote from: setrataeso on March 08, 2010, 08:20:55 PM

That xame out wrong.
:lol

Quote from: XianL on March 08, 2010, 08:29:15 PM

I felt honoured to be included in the short-lived poll, but I think my relationship status lends credence to reason why I wouldn't stand up to you two gentlemen.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, I AM IN A HAPPY RELATIONSHIP FULL OF METAL MUSIC AND VIDEO GAMES.

While I'm perfectly fine with my lady friend and I having our own separate interests, I can't help but feel slightly envious.

Though she does like Slayer, so we are on the right track, I suppose.

Sarah got me a Slayer shirt for my birthday. SUCK ON THAT!!! :2metal:

Oh, and the first reason we started talking was because of Metallica...fuck that was a long time ago...

setrataeso

Yeah, probably about time this thread got back on track.
A few pages of unsupervised shenanigans was fun, though.

You can follow my fapcounter on Twitter @LeeImpregnatorJ, on Facebook (Lee Jeakins), or right here on DTF.

And now back to the original topic.
P.S. - I dont intend to actually update those other sites with fapcounter business. But add me anyway!

XianL

Quote from: 73109 on March 08, 2010, 08:32:05 PM
Sarah got me a Slayer shirt for my birthday. SUCK ON THAT!!! :2metal:

My MW2 shirt shrunk in the wash, so I gave it to her. She was overjoyed :angel: ...and gave me an extra copy her zombie survival guide ;D

Three cheers for awesome girlfriends :tup

Quote from: lateralus88 on March 08, 2010, 08:30:41 PM
Quote from: setrataeso on March 08, 2010, 08:20:55 PM

That xame out wrong.
:lol

Oh you bugger :lol Were you even there that night? :huh:
Quote from: lateralus88 on March 08, 2010, 08:30:41 PM

Quote from: XianL on March 08, 2010, 08:29:15 PM

While I'm perfectly fine with my lady friend and I having our own separate interests, I can't help but feel slightly envious.

Though she does like Slayer, so we are on the right track, I suppose.

Good show :tup Hey, you seem to like her, and that's all that matters. My first GF didn't like video games, or any of my music, and we were happy for a good long while (not that it's doomed for you; just that differences in minute things like music & video games aren't a relationship killer :P)

lateralus88

I was, shortly after the joke originated. I was just about 30 minutes too late to witness it.

And yeah, it's all good. She tolerates my love for prog/metal. I think.

XianL

The key I found was to keep it in my own earbuds, play it for her only if she asked, and kept to more mainstream rock/metal (the mellow Metallica, some Maiden, Led Zepp, Chili Peppers if you likem') when in public listening.

Tolerance at being a prog/metal head should be a given if you're modest about it :D

I don't have to deal with that shit!!! I blast my music and she digs it!!! :D

/douchebaggery

antigoon

I've been in a great relationship for over a year now :)

XianL

Quote from: 73109 on March 08, 2010, 08:47:52 PM
I don't have to deal with that shit!!! I blast my music and she digs it!!! :D

Yeah, as I say. All that shit was in a previous relationship. Now, she'll browse my library and put on DT/SX alll by herself ;D

Quote from: antigoon on March 08, 2010, 08:49:48 PM
I've been in a great relationship for over a year now :)

GG son, GG. If you tell me she plays WoW too, I'mma kidnap her and add her to my collection.

antigoon

:lol No. She really likes Porcupine Tree though.

XianL

Not bad son, not bad :tup

Which reminds me, I REALLY have to investigate them...Elysdon, UMH and GL have all recommended albums by now :lol

ehra

Closing in on two years and no real signs of things letting up anytime soon. We enjoy most of each other's music and can tolerate the rest; I don't scoff (out loud) when she plays All American Rejects and Avaril Lavigne, she lets me blare SYL and Killswitch and pretends to like it. We actually spend a decent amount of playing music together, her on piano (in fact, I've been slacking when it comes to actually practicing on my own lately), which is really fun and helps me work on my ear.

And ever since I introduced her to Kingdom Hearts and MMOs she's been pretty happy to play games with me. We'll typically do a mission in Guild Wars every few days and we've been slowly playing the KH games together. Fun shit.

lonestar

Dudes, I've been gone for two fucking hours, and look what I miss. My fucking god.

@UMH- Does your johnson look like it fell out of a speeding car onto asphalt, what with all that fapping.

XianL

Quote from: lonestar on March 08, 2010, 09:25:47 PM
Dudes, I've been gone for two fucking hours, and look what I miss. My fucking god.

@UMH- Does your johnson look like it fell out of a speeding car onto asphalt, what with all that fapping.

GODDAMNIT LONESTAR WE WERE ON TOPIC.

:dangerwillrobinson:

Tell us about your undoubtedly existing bacon-fuelled mistress :eyebrows:

lonestar

Quote from: XianL on March 08, 2010, 09:27:38 PM

Sorry man, I missed four pages of this shit in two hours, just trying to catch up.  And I'm a proud member of the LHC, so I get all my bacon to myself.

XianL

Quote from: lonestar on March 08, 2010, 09:31:05 PM
Quote from: XianL on March 08, 2010, 09:27:38 PM

Sorry man, I missed four pages of this shit in two hours, just trying to catch up.  And I'm a proud member of the LHC, so I get all my bacon to myself.

Good point...

(No real beef, by the way. Carry on :P)

Super Dude

My girlfriend doesn't really like metal or that much modern music, really.  What we have in common is a love for the Beatles, through which she's introduced me to plenty of other artists of the 60s and 70s. :hat

mizzl

Lynxo

Well, my girlfriend went with me to the Pain of Salvation release party, we both have tickets for Opeth and Kiss, and we're gonna see Iron Maiden, Heaven and Hell and other bands at Sonisphere togheter. :metal

She's a metalhead, but she usually listen to more mainstream stuff. However, she's VERY open to just about anything, just as I am, so it's all good in the hood. :hat

ALL IS NOT WELL THOUGH! She's working hard like crazy. While we do find time to see each other, I'm worried about her health. Oh well...

Super Dude

Lynxo

Quote from: Super Dude on March 09, 2010, 05:22:15 AM
Oh well? :lol
Okay, that came off wrong. :lol

It's more like a "Eh, I'm sure I'll figure something out" sort of "Oh well". If that makes any sense. Probably doesn't.

Oh well.

nightmare_cinema

I've been in a relationship 3.5 years now... taking the plunge into moving in together in 3 months once I'm done with uni. We have some really similar interests and some pretty different ones... e.g. I'm vegan, he isn't and never intends to be even vegetarian, so that's a pretty huge thing. But aside from that we're both into similar things, especially music. We overlap on Porcupine Tree in that its one of our absolute favourite bands but he only quite likes DT, I only quite like Tool (which he worships) and we have separate bands the other can't stand. Overall we're really compatible in that area though which is one of the most important things to me :heart, we share a lot of the same bands so we're both really happy on car journeys, sometimes we'll get the urge to just lay and listen to a particular album together or wanna show each other a particular song. I just love that he gives a shit about music in a deep way, which most people I meet don't seem to do.

Funnily enough I'm into more the heavier more technical, metally stuff and he's into more of the rock area (usually the other way around I think) but we're both heavily into prog moreso than anything else so it works. Might be related to the fact I'm a musician and he isn't too. He's the first non-musician I've dated and it's worked out the best!

True Death of Life

Quote from: setrataeso on March 08, 2010, 08:13:54 PM
I feel really bad for TDOL. She started this innocent thread, went to bed, and is now going to wake up to this.

THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THIS THREAD