News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Still "a thing" since 2007.

Main Menu

Aerosmith retires

Started by KevShmev, August 03, 2024, 06:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammindude

I'm actually a bit surprised they reunited. I mean, Rock didn't actually bomb, did it? I remember Lightning Strikes being a pretty big song. And when I listen to the album today, it's actually really good.

I have to wonder if it didn't have more to do with Steven Tyler just imploding on his addiction and deciding the original band was just better for everyone.

ReaperKK

Why wasn't Brad on the album? Was there trouble there?

TAC

Quote from: Trav86 on August 09, 2024, 06:42:10 PMI have a question particularly for Tim, but anyone that was a fan in 82 as well. Did you know that Joe and Brad weren't on Rock In a Hard Place when it came out? I didn't know if it was public knowledge, or like KISS where it just kind of leaked out. And what was your initial reaction?

And just to reiterate what I said before, here's the back album cover..

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Trav

Quote from: TAC on August 10, 2024, 11:23:13 AMAnd just to reiterate what I said before, here's the back album cover..

Ah. Yeah I've never owned a physical copy.

brakkum

Was sad to hear this, never got to see them and had a ticket to the final tour, but guess that ain't gonna happen  :sad:

Stadler

Those years are not NEARLY as black and white, cut and dry as many think or want.  Crespo did a solo on Night In The Ruts after Perry left due to the "milk incident", which was when he started to do the Projects. After the "Nights..." tour, Crespo started working with Kramer and Hamilton in a band called "Renegade" (I don't think that album was ever released but it was mentioned in the Aerosmith autobiography).  Tyler heard about the Renegade album and wanted to get back at it. After they did Lightning Strikes, the song, Whitford had enough and he left to work with Derek St. Holmes (what a Spinal Tap name) but he later did some touring with Perry in the Project.  The Rick ("Minka Kelly's dad") Dufay came in and they finished the album while Stephen was basically out of it.  Tyler and Perry were "back" as early as the tour for "Rock...", because by then Perry was divorced from his wife. From there - and based on shitty sales for both Aerosmith and the Project, they did the "Back In The Saddle" tour, then did "Done With Mirrors".