News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Biggest Dream Theater online community since 2007.

Main Menu

2010-07-10 - Palladium - Worcester, MA (DT headlining show)

Started by ZBomber, April 12, 2010, 06:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream Team

Quote from: TAC on April 28, 2010, 04:46:22 AM
That was one of the BEST setlists they've ever played. I wouldn't be surprised to see Metropolis though. It on the current tour master list. Although it was played as part of a medley in '08.

Yes, and it was my first DT show! So hopefully this time we'll get Erotomania/Voices, Dance of Eternity/One Last Time, The Count, and the extended version of Hollow Years. I don't care as much about the first 3 tracks of BC&SL but I'm sure those will be played as well, along with possibilities of Forsaken, Prophets of War, Beyond This Life, Sacrificed Sons, and Mirror/Lie which are some of the other songs on this year's master list that weren't played in '04.

I gotta wonder though, does MP consider a show in Worcester to be close enough to count as a show in Boston? If that was the case, I'll need to look up the last setlist from Boston . . .

TAC

I would assume that some of what was played in Boston (TDOE/OLT, Sacrificed Sons, Hollow Years, and ITNOG, POW) will NOT be played in Worcester. I can see repeated songs with ANTR and TCOT though.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

Quote from: TAC on April 28, 2010, 07:17:49 AM
I would assume that some of what was played in Boston (TDOE/OLT, Sacrificed Sons, Hollow Years, and ITNOG, POW) will NOT be played in Worcester. I can see repeated songs with ANTR and TCOT though.

I sure hope they play TCOT, I missed the last show.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

I wouldn't be shocked if that was repeated, but any of the older material will not be.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Tick

I would appreciate it if someone would answer a few questions for me...
1. How much seating is actually in this venue?
2. How many parts of the venue have seating and where is best?
3. How early would I have to arrive at the venue to acquire a seat?
4. Are the seats spread out or with tables or in rows?

I really would prefer to sit and relax as apposed to being close to the stage. Been there done that and being close is not important to me.

ZeppelinDT

Quote from: tick on April 29, 2010, 07:17:22 AM

I really would prefer to sit and relax as apposed to being close to the stage. Been there done that and being close is not important to me.

Just bring a beach chair.

Tick

Quote from: ZeppelinDT on April 29, 2010, 07:21:11 AM

Just bring a beach chair.
Aw, c'mon Zep, wheres the love! :biggrin:

Chino

I thought the whole floor was standing, and the balcony is where you can sit.

Tick

Quote from: Chino on April 29, 2010, 08:57:59 AM

I thought the whole floor was standing, and the balcony is where you can sit.
I can live with that, I just want to know what the seating is in the balcony and how early I would need to show up to get a seat up there?

MykeHavoc

Show up at doors and you'll get a seat. Although I don't understand sitting at shows. I tried it at the Palladium once and it was just too far for my liking. There is also limited seating behind the GA floor in front of the bar...some booths and such, but it goes quick.

Tick

Quote from: MykeHavoc on April 29, 2010, 09:32:04 AM
Show up at doors and you'll get a seat. Although I don't understand sitting at shows. I tried it at the Palladium once and it was just too far for my liking. There is also limited seating behind the GA floor in front of the bar...some booths and such, but it goes quick.
Well, I stood packed like a sardine in NYC for Transatlantic and it was a bit much after over 3 hours. I figure, how far away could you be in a 2000 seat venue? Plus I will have a 21 year old nephew with me who has Williams disease(not going to go into explaining that) but it might be easier to be seated.

ZeppelinDT

Although I don't understand sitting at shows. I tried it at the Palladium once and it was just too far for my liking.

When I was in my early 20's and was going to only 10 - 15 shows per year, I felt the same way.  But as I approach 30 and generally now hit at least 30 - 40 concerts per year (many of which involve long drives to and from the venue), sitting has become much more appealing.

Tick

Quote from: ZeppelinDT on April 29, 2010, 11:04:15 AM
Although I don't understand sitting at shows. I tried it at the Palladium once and it was just too far for my liking.

When I was in my early 20's and was going to only 10 - 15 shows per year, I felt the same way.  But as I approach 30 and generally now hit at least 30 - 40 concerts per year (many of which involve long drives to and from the venue), sitting has become much more appealing.
Fast forward to 45 and see how much you don't like it. Don't get me wrong I would gladly stand but prefer not to, that's all.

King Postwhore

I Agree, age has everything to do about it.  Plus my wife and her bad feet, but i will try to force here to stand the whole time.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Tick

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 29, 2010, 01:21:47 PM
I Agree, age has everything to do about it.  Plus my wife and her bad feet, but i will try to force here to stand the whole time.

"Hang in there honey, only two more hours! Your feet don't hurt that much do they?"

:lol

King Postwhore

Quote from: tick on April 29, 2010, 01:34:42 PM

"Hang in there honey, only two more hours! Your feet don't hurt that much do they?"

She never makes it standing for a DT show! :D  In her defense she had 4 bunions(sp?) worked on at the same time and had the scar tissue removes and the ss screws 10 years after.  But I'll give her crap about it.

Tick

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 29, 2010, 03:53:57 PM

She never makes it standing for a DT show! :D  In her defense she had 4 bunions(sp?) worked on at the same time and had the scar tissue removes and the ss screws 10 years after.  But I'll give her crap about it.
You don't need to defend your wife. I'm just kidding with you. :tup
I hope we can have a beer together.

King Postwhore

Quote from: tick on April 29, 2010, 04:43:03 PM
Quote from: kingshmegland on April 29, 2010, 03:53:57 PM

You don't need to defend your wife. I'm just kidding with you. :tup
I hope we can have a beer together.

You bet!!

Serpentor

there are a few booths on the lower floor as well as some bar stools in front of the bar.  I recommend getting there when it opens if you want to grab one

Tick

Quote from: Serpentor on April 30, 2010, 06:17:02 AM
there are a few booths on the lower floor as well as some bar stools in front of the bar.  I recommend getting there when it opens if you want to grab one
Will you see over heads from a booth or are you better off in the balcony?
Yes, I ask a lot of questions but I want to have a plan when I walk in.

TAC

I have a question. Is the main floor slanted downward torards the stage?

Serpentor

There's the main pit area in front of the stage.  Then it goes up a couple steps and that's where the sound board usually is (small standing area in front of it).  Then there is a small standing area behind the sound board.  The up a couple more steps are the booths and the bar area.  Unless your under 5ft tall, you'll have a good view from the bar area and the booths.

Hope that kind of makes sense......

TAC

King Postwhore

GuinnessSteve

First post. A friend and I just bought tickets. Anyone know what the venue is like? Also, any speculation on how long DT will be playing? I saw them at the Orpheum two summers ago ( I believe) and the guest bands took up so much time, I felt a bit gypped. Their show a the Bank of America Pavilion (which, if memory serves, was the year before that) had guests but there was a lot more DT than the Orpheum show.

Tick

Quote from: Serpentor on April 30, 2010, 07:45:56 AM
There's the main pit area in front of the stage.  Then it goes up a couple steps and that's where the sound board usually is (small standing area in front of it).  Then there is a small standing area behind the sound board.  The up a couple more steps are the booths and the bar area.  Unless your under 5ft tall, you'll have a good view from the bar area and the booths.

Hope that kind of makes sense......

Thanks for the info.

TAC

Based on what they've played on this tour so far, here's my setlist prediction:

A Nightmare To Remember
The Mirror
Lie
Sacrificed Sons
Wither
Constant Motion
The Spirit Carries On
As I Am
Pull Me Under/Metropolis
The Count Of Tuscany

Dream Team

Quote from: TAC on May 01, 2010, 07:43:14 AM
Based on what they've played on this tour so far, here's my setlist prediction:

A Nightmare To Remember
The Mirror
Lie
Sacrificed Sons
Wither
Constant Motion
The Spirit Carries On
As I Am
Pull Me Under/Metropolis
The Count Of Tuscany

That's a good guess, but I'm really hoping for Erotomania/Voices since it wasn't played in Worcester in '04.

Dream Team

By the way, I still have an extra ticket for this show if anyone needs one.

ZeppelinDT

I wonder if they'll bust out any of the BC&SL cover songs...

TAC

Quote from: ZeppelinDT on May 05, 2010, 06:42:20 AM
Well, if what Scotty said is true about them not adding anything new, then definitely not. I wouldn't be shocked if they busted out Raw Dog though.

Quote from: Dream Team on May 03, 2010, 06:33:18 AM
That's a good guess, but I'm really hoping for Erotomania/Voices since it wasn't played in Worcester in '04.
That isn't a wish list, beleive me. I'd take Erotomania/Voices anyday over Mirror/Lie. But Erotomania/Voices was played in Boston in 08 and it's been a while since The Mirror (04) and Lie (05) have been played.

King Postwhore

Quote from: TAC on May 05, 2010, 07:20:31 AM
Well, if what Scotty said is true about them not adding anything new, then definitely not. I wouldn't be shocked if they busted out Raw Dog though.

Quote from: Dream Team on May 03, 2010, 06:33:18 AM
That isn't a wish list, beleive me. I'd take Erotomania/Voices anyday over Mirror/Lie. But Erotomania/Voices was played in Boston in 08 and it's been a while since The Mirror (04) and Lie (05) have been played.

This is what's great about DT.  How many band TAC, can you talk about changing setlists like this?!  Not Many!

TAC

Absolutely. One of the many things I love about them!

Tick

I would love to hear Odyssey! (or really any of them) I generally don't like bonus album covers but this collection is the exception. Great selections done great!

GuinnessSteve

Hope this pub has a good stout or porter. Can't drink once I get inside the venue.

*grumble*stupid Massachusetts laws*grumble*