News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

90s Classic Albums (Featuring: Matchbox Twenty)

Started by KevShmev, July 28, 2015, 08:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

I know this album was huge but I liked the next two albums more.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

erwinrafael

The thread is alive!

Despite being a 90s guy, I never got into Matchbox 20. They were too "clean" for me following that early 90s rock movement.

Anguyen92

I quite liked what I hear from Matchbox Twenty.  There are times where "Unwell" and "Real World" really resonated with me.

goo-goo

I love their album Yourself or Someone Like You. That was my soundtrack during high school.

Favorite track is Hang. Very mellow and kind of introspecting

Calvin6s

I never bought a Matchbox 20 album, but it probably wouldn't hurt to revisit some of the tracks others recommend here.

Sacul

Fluffy Lothario

I don't really have an opinion on that album. I know the singles, and neither love nor hate them.

wolfking

I own this one, it's a really great record.  Didn't like much of what they did after this.

OpenYourEyes311

This album is so good. 12 really outstanding tracks. You know an album's pretty good if the whole first half is released as singles. My favorites on this album were Long day, Back 2 Good, Kody, and Hang. May have to pull this sucker out on my next car ride.

ReaperKK

This album was everywhere it seemed, I remember seeing the same videos over and over on MTV and VH1.

hefdaddy42

This was my wife's favorite album when we first started dating, which meant I had to hear it a lot.

It's actually really good, and they are a pretty good band.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.