The Story Behind Your Username

Started by Birch Boy, January 27, 2010, 03:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerogravityfat

no story behind it. it always was and always will be.

Dream Team

Mine's kinda corny . . . when I joined the forum my wife was a lot more into DT than she is now, so we were the "Dream" team. With DT becoming more uber-metal with each release, her fandom has slacked off unfortunately.

Dimitrius

Quote from: Phantasmatron on February 02, 2010, 11:37:59 PM
Quote from: Dimitrius on February 02, 2010, 07:32:48 PM
Mine's pretty dumb, I was walking by the living room in my house and they had this Disney movie playing, Anastasia, where one of the characters is name Demetrio in the Spanish translation, so I changed it to Dimitrius and I've been using it ever since.

It's okay.  You've made up for your lame username origins by having an awesome avatar.  :tup
Castiel is pure badassery!

Tick

Named after the famous philosopher.

Dimitrius

I thought it was after the cartoon.

PlaysLikeMyung

Quote from: tick on February 03, 2010, 04:20:21 PM

There's a philosopher named Tick?

Orbert

Yes.  Haven't you ever seen the cartoon?   If that's not a hard-core philosopher in action, I don't know what is.

King Postwhore

Quote from: PlaysLikeMyung on February 03, 2010, 06:15:23 PM

Yes, and I qoute, *clears throat*  "Eat my Justice".  Words to live by.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Tick

Quote from: kingshmegland on February 04, 2010, 10:15:41 AM
Quote from: PlaysLikeMyung on February 03, 2010, 06:15:23 PM

Yes, and I qoute, *clears throat*  "Eat my Justice".  Words to live by.
Thank you King for injecting some sanity !!! :lol
No one on this board has really yet figured out I'm nuts.

Tick

Quote from: Orbert on February 04, 2010, 10:06:24 AM
Yes.  Haven't you ever seen the cartoon?   If that's not a hard-core philosopher in action, I don't know what is.
Thanks Orbert. Its about time someone gets me.

LCArenas

It's my name (First two letters are my first and middle name, then comes my surname), though I'm planning to send a request so my name is changed to LuisC.

cthrubuoy

Quote from: LCArenas on October 31, 2010, 10:18:26 PM
It's my name (First two letters are my first and middle name, then comes my surname), though I'm planning to send a request so my name is changed to LuisC.

Old thread is old.

New thread is new:
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=17793.105

elmatto

Well....my name is matt, and I thought about the chris farley skit, "el nino is spanish for....THE NINO".
And....well....that's how I came up with elmatto. Nothing really amazing.

Cecilia

Simon and Garfunkel song my Mom used to sing in the car. One of my earliest memories.

Volk9

I like Wolf. Volk is Wolf is Russian. I like Russia?

Global Laziness

Quote from: Volk9 on November 01, 2010, 11:41:29 PM
I like Wolf. Volk is Wolf is Russian. I like Russia?

But what about the number 9? o_O

Orbert

Number 9?
Number 9?
Number 9?
Number 9?

Global Laziness

Orbert

Thanks.  Some people won't get that one, but we can rest assured that we are cooler than them.

Birch Boy

Gadough

I don't.

Anyway, quoted from the duplicate thread.

Quote from: Gadough on October 23, 2010, 10:53:41 AM
Last year, me and a friend were reading the back of our English textbook and the play "Waiting For Godot" was mentioned. We never heard of it so we looked it up, and laughed our asses off at the plot and concept. Soon, several stupid inside jokes developed between the two of us related to Waiting For Godot. My username is a reference to that, intentionally misspelled because I like the way it looks that way.

Birch Boy

It's a Beatles reference, as far as I know.

Marvellous G

My surname begins with G, and I asked a friend from my old school to attract a teacher's attention for me while I got a book out, and he said, 'Miss, Tom marvellous G wants you!' Which I thought was the best name ever, which was understandable as I was about ten. What's less understandable is that it still makes me giggle. (and has the added bonus of making people misspell it when it's RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM 73109  >:( )

Odysseus

I holiday in the Greek islands a lot.... one of my friends gave me the tag... it stuck and I use it on most of the forums I've been on...