News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

The Haken thread v. Restoration

Started by ariich, June 04, 2009, 10:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackInk

me7

BlackInk

Well, yeah. Just wondering about the extended title, where'd he get that from?

Zydar

Quote from: BlackInk on August 12, 2013, 01:50:45 AM
Well, yeah. Just wondering about the extended title, where'd he get that from?

Maybe it's a line in the chorus.

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

BlackInk

me7

With that positive review and Nick's remark that it's his favourite Haken album yet, I'm officially more hyped for this than for DT12 :metal

Elite

I was more hyped for this when the announcement came for 'The Mountain' in the first place.
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Heretic

Yeah I really cannot wait for this album. My interest in prog music has dwindled a ton, but Haken are the biggest exception.

Dr. DTVT

Quote from: ariich on August 12, 2013, 01:21:23 AM
Quote from: me7 on August 11, 2013, 06:00:22 PM
An English review: https://www.ghostcultmag.com/haken-the-mountain/
Well, that sounds rather positive!

Wait until you see me review (after Nick and I finish editing it) then.  Until that time, here is my short review of the album:

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Orthogonal

:burns:

2013 is turning into a fantastic year of releases.

Zydar

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

That warmed my little progheart!  :heart

jsem

Dr. DTVT

Quote from: Zydar on August 13, 2013, 12:24:25 AM
My body is ready.

No, it's not.  Mine wasn't.  This is a whole new beast.  A side of Haken not yet been unfurled upon the world.

Also, if you pre-ordered the album, MAKE SURE it is the special edition.  You will want the two extra tracks.  Trust me on this.

Nick

Orthogonal

Is this the release that propels Haken into Tier 1 Prog Metal status?

Mosh

I'd say Visions already did that.  :metal

Shadow Ninja 2.0

I'd say as far as prog goes, there are very few bands ahead of Haken. IMO, of course.

Dark Castle

I unfortunately can't get into this band, and it's really the vocalist, it's like a static character, it doesn't change much at all, and I don't really like how he sounds to begin with.
Music is well enough, but I don't dig how disjointed it felt to me.

Shadow Ninja 2.0

Mosh

If I order this from Inside Out do I still have to wait for it to be released in America or will they ship it over on the Euro release date?

Onno

That's an epic review! Can't wait!

Zydar

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Great, now the hype has broken the roof! I need this album right now!  :millahhhh

senecadawg2

I tend to trust Mason's reviews for the most part. I believe that this is going to be REALLY good. Thanks for sharing your opinions! I'm most excited to hear the softer tone on the last tracks that you mentioned.

GasparXR

I though that review was very well-written. It didn't give a lot in the way of spoilers which is good, but so far, in combination with the other reviews posted here, gave us enough insight as to whether we can expect another fantastic album! That being said, I expected it anyway given that their first two albums are masterpieces, at least in my opinion.

Zydar

Gaaaaaaah, I want to hear Cockroach King so badly.

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

The fact that they have incorporated some more Gentle Giant vibes with all that quirkiness warmes my prog heart yet again.  :tup

Shadow2222

Quote from: Dr. DTVT on August 12, 2013, 09:41:12 PM
Quote from: ariich on August 12, 2013, 01:21:23 AM
Quote from: me7 on August 11, 2013, 06:00:22 PM
An English review: https://www.ghostcultmag.com/haken-the-mountain/
Well, that sounds rather positive!

Wait until you see me review (after Nick and I finish editing it) then.  Until that time, here is my short review of the album:

This is my opinion thus far after a couple listens, as well. Stay hyped for this album, it's worth it.

Heretic

Those samples were glorious. Glad they weren't a minute and thirty seconds, I preferred just getting a small thirty second tease.

Orthogonal