News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

Place your bets again - DT's next top model.

Started by robwebster, October 27, 2010, 07:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's that Pokémon?!

Virgil Donati
6 (2.2%)
Peter Wildoer
17 (6.1%)
Mike Mangini
157 (56.3%)
Marco Minnemann
49 (17.6%)
Thomas Lang
23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 279

champbassist

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on April 16, 2011, 04:30:19 AM
Quote from: ricky on April 15, 2011, 02:40:54 PM
Quote from: Lowdz on April 15, 2011, 02:24:34 PM
I have officially given up caring when the announcement will be. Didn't think that would happen a couple of months ago but you can keep people hanging too long and they have certainly done that.

hm. well you say you dont care,

yet you logged on to a dt forum and posted in a thread regarding the new drummer situation saying you don't care.

i politely disagree about your not caring. cuz if you didnt', you wouldnt be looking at this thread.

He probably doesn't care about your disagreeing, either.

On a related note, I don't even care whether I myself care. That's how frustrated I am about the whole situation  :angry:

TimmyHiggy

First time I have checked the thread in a month. That's how little I currently care.

redfish71

had to join just to be a part of this thread.  i can die peacefully now.

first post.  dont know or care who the new drummer is gonna be, but i'd bet the next album is going to be killer.

reo73

Don't want the drummer announced without being in on this thread. 

dvargas

I wasn't very familiar with mangini but have checked several videos over the past 6 months. The one thing I've found is that his cymbal work doesn't seem that strong.  If this is true segments like the instrrumental section in Nee Millenium are going to make me miss MP a lot. 

Knguro

Quote from: dvargas on April 16, 2011, 06:36:10 AM
I wasn't very familiar with mangini but have checked several videos over the past 6 months. The one thing I've found is that his cymbal work doesn't seem that strong.  If this is true segments like the instrrumental section in Nee Millenium are going to make me miss MP a lot. 

miss who?

ok guys have we realized that even though they havent make any official statements, we are really close to the first tour date? so logically it not gonna take more than 2 months more! otherwise it will be reallllly stupid been on tour with buckethead on drumms!

Lowdz

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on April 16, 2011, 04:30:19 AM
Quote from: ricky on April 15, 2011, 02:40:54 PM
Quote from: Lowdz on April 15, 2011, 02:24:34 PM
I have officially given up caring when the announcement will be. Didn't think that would happen a couple of months ago but you can keep people hanging too long and they have certainly done that.

hm. well you say you dont care,

yet you logged on to a dt forum and posted in a thread regarding the new drummer situation saying you don't care.

i politely disagree about your not caring. cuz if you didnt', you wouldnt be looking at this thread.

He probably doesn't care about your disagreeing, either.

I was here anyway, and that's when I realised that I got waiting fatigue. That's a totally unrelated thing to reading what other people are saying about things.
I was checking this thread every day a while back- now weeks go by.
And hef, you're right! Even though I replied to the challenge...

PlaysLikeMyung

I haven't cared in a while. I'm sorry but I think DT is doing themselves a disservice by not giving the fans much to chew on. As far as I can see, on this particular forum at least, interest in DT is the lowest it's been in a while

King Postwhore

Quote from: PlaysLikeMyung on April 16, 2011, 12:14:25 PM
I haven't cared in a while. I'm sorry but I think DT is doing themselves a disservice by not giving the fans much to chew on. As far as I can see, on this particular forum at least, interest in DT is the lowest it's been in a while

I don't think it's DT holding up the announcement and the as soon as it is announced this place will be buzzing.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

dongringo

We get a new album soon. This is the best news that we could possibly get. There's nothing better than that, not even knowing who the drummer is...cough...Mike Mangini...

Super Dude

I gotta be honest, my own interest in DT has been higher than it has since the last album release, but all this dragging out has sucked me dry some.

Global Laziness

Quote from: Super Dude on April 16, 2011, 02:22:32 PM
I gotta be honest, my own interest in DT has been higher than it has since the last album release, but all this dragging out has sucked me dry some.

Same here...

Jamesman42

I wonder, if it had been announced in January, how things would be around here, how people would be feeling...maybe the announcement of the drummer closer to the details of the album is seen as good by RR so people don't dismiss the album before it was even recorded? Who knows
\o\ lol /o/

YtseJam

I think it's pretty obvious people are getting aggrivated with them. The last big news was MP split and they shut the door behind him. DT is nothing without it's fans and I think it's pretty obvious people want to know. Give your fans something to talk about since everyone is done speculating at this point.

ricky

Quote from: Super Dude on April 16, 2011, 02:22:32 PM

they haven't really "dragged out anything". it's honestly been more of a legal delay. it's not like they are doing thing on purpose, you know?

and yah, i kinda agree this is seriously taking too long.

PlaysLikeMyung

Well, my thought is, in the meantime they could give at least the US fans some sort of promise of tour dates or something. We know they're playing Europe. But what about us? We have nothing to look forward to except an album that's coming out sometime in the future. This is why I've lost interest in the band. I don't feel I have much to look forward to

rumborak

Legal difficulties might have been the reason in the beginning. At this point I'm pretty sure this is intentional. Maybe they thought they could carry over the impact of the announcement to create a bigger bang for the album release.
Either way, it's way too long.

rumborak

lithium112

Quote from: PlaysLikeMyung on April 17, 2011, 07:27:23 AM
Well, my thought is, in the meantime they could give at least the US fans some sort of promise of tour dates or something. We know they're playing Europe. But what about us? We have nothing to look forward to except an album that's coming out sometime in the future. This is why I've lost interest in the band. I don't feel I have much to look forward to
Yeah man, I totally feel the same way. I bet they'll never play in North America again. And about that "album that's coming out sometime in the future"? That's probably a fake anyway. Nothing to look forward to in DT land. I've lost interest in the band and thrown away all of their CDs too, for good measure.

rumborak

Not everybody has that undying support built in, lithium. About a week ago we hit the 7 month mark since MP's departure. I seriously wonder what they will have racked it up to by the time the news comes out.

rumborak

hefdaddy42

Well, we are halfway through April, and their concerts start in June, I think.  So not much longer.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

PlaysLikeMyung

Quote from: lithium112 on April 17, 2011, 07:36:37 AM
Yeah man, I totally feel the same way. I bet they'll never play in North America again. And about that "album that's coming out sometime in the future"? That's probably a fake anyway. Nothing to look forward to in DT land. I've lost interest in the band and thrown away all of their CDs too, for good measure.

not much =/= nothing

I'm interested in the songs they'll be playing live, but nothing more, really.

Oh, and I listen to a bunch of other bands. Excuse me if I don't listen to DT 24/7

Perpetual Change

Yeah, you know, I've felt this way about a lot of bands. The US fans, for some reason, just seem to get shafted by metal bands. But Dream Theater aren't as bad as others, who just take off straight for Europe without paying any respect for their US fans.

lithium112

Quote from: PlaysLikeMyung on April 17, 2011, 07:47:15 AM
not much =/= nothing

I'm interested in the songs they'll be playing live, but nothing more, really.

Oh, and I listen to a bunch of other bands. Excuse me if I don't listen to DT 24/7
Regarding "not much =/= nothing", the third-last sentence you wrote "we have nothing to look forward to" and in your last sentence, you wrote that you don't "have much to look forward to"...

And in no way did I suggest that you should only listen to DT. I listen to lots of other bands as well. I'm not sure where you got that from.

I'm just saying that it's kind of silly to say that we have either "nothing" or "not much" to look forward to when we clearly know it's coming. Are they going to play in North America again? Definitely. Are they going to release a new CD? Yes. Are they going to reveal the new drummer at some point? Well.. probably. lol

JPX

Yeah man, I totally feel the same way. I bet they'll never play in North America again.

Is that actually a serious statement?

ACID_FOX

Quote from: JPX on April 17, 2011, 08:49:06 AM
Yeah man, I totally feel the same way. I bet they'll never play in North America again.

What do you think? :lol

JPX

Quote from: ACID_FOX on April 17, 2011, 08:57:39 AM

What do you think? :lol

:yarr

lithium112

Sorry, forgot my <sarcasm> tags :P

ariich

Yeah in fairness Will, you were being pretty ridiculous. So NA tour dates haven't been announced, but I'm not sure why that's a problem, as though DT aren't going to be playing there again? We know there's a new album (which JR, JLB and JP have been updating us on the progress of) and we know that they are playing live shows soon. So at the very least you have the album to look forward to, and almost certainly some shows as well.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Global Laziness

Quote from: lithium112 on April 17, 2011, 10:01:24 AM

Sorry, forgot my <sarcasm> tags :P

Around here we use sarcasm green.

dongringo

We already know who the new drummer is. Oh wait, it's unofficial, sorry. Nevermind then.

Tick

Quote from: dongringo on April 17, 2011, 10:13:28 AM
We already know who the new drummer is. Oh wait, it's unofficial, sorry. Nevermind then.
We know nothing.

Ben_Jamin

Does it matter if they said who it is? No. Because either way they're recording the album with their new drummer and we'll hear it soon.

Global Laziness

Quote from: tick on April 17, 2011, 10:54:26 AM
Quote from: dongringo on April 17, 2011, 10:13:28 AM
We know nothing.

For some reason I read this in the voice of Rainier Wolfcastle.

TAC

Somewhere Major Thirteenth is smiling!

How can I get on the mailing list if I'm not on Facebook?

https://www.bravewords.com/news/160315
Bravewords posted the same thing, so this is NOT a figment of Blabbermouth's imagination.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol