SNOW!!! v. ARRRRRGGGG!!!

Started by Tick, November 08, 2010, 05:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carl320

Icebear

I know I should adore snow, hailing from the frosty plains of Scandinavia, but I'd be glad if I never saw snow again. I'd gladly sacrifice the idea of a white christmas in order to solve the problems that come with it. Always felt like there was some mix up, I should have been born in a warmer climate...

Tick

Just shoveled 15 inches of snow out of my driveway with only a shovel! Its still coming down 2 to 3 inches an hour but I have to try and be in work at 11:00am. :(

lordxizor

We're getting hit too. We've had maybe 7-8 inches so far with plenty more on the way. I love snow. :)

Sir GuitarCozmo

We haven't had that much, but whether it's 3 inches or 13, it's annoying as hell.  I have to drive 45 minutes to an hour for an audition tonight on roads that will probably re-ice by the time I'm coming home.  Lovely.

Tick

Quote from: Sir GuitarCozmo on January 12, 2011, 05:54:13 AM
We haven't had that much, but whether it's 3 inches or 13, it's annoying as hell.  I have to drive 45 minutes to an hour for an audition tonight on roads that will probably re-ice by the time I'm coming home.  Lovely.
Yeah but 18 inches piled up at the end of my driveway with only a shovel to get out is a hell of a lot worse then 3 inches, period.

Sir GuitarCozmo

Indeed, no question about that.  Not sure how much we got, but I'm annoyed at a half inch, so I'd really be incensed over 18 inches, granted I wouldn't be going to work OR anyplace else, but still.  I feel for ya, man.  ;)

King Postwhore

We are getting crushed today.  I'm working for my bud and it took us 1 1/2 hours to drive 30 mile in a truck that has 4 wheel drive.  I can't wait to go home after and finish the snow blowing. :tdwn
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Chino

We have at least 18 inches where I live. I'm heading into work at 1... that is if the plows come any time soon.

Tick

Quote from: kingshmegland on January 12, 2011, 06:48:04 AM
We are getting crushed today.  I'm working for my bud and it took us 1 1/2 hours to drive 30 mile in a truck that has 4 wheel drive.  I can't wait to go home after and finish the snow blowing. :tdwn
I hear ya1 I'm leaving for work in about 15 minutes. I'm giving myself 50 minutes for what should be a 20 minute drive. If I'm still late, fuck it! At least I am showing up.

wkiml

Seems you NE guys got the brunt this time..I woke up expecting the worst and only had about 6 inches , didn't even need to shovel the car out, just pulled right out and got to work about 20 minutes later than norm

lonestar

55 degrees and the sun is shining brightly in the Bay Area. :hat

Lonestar...with all due respect...

fuck you.

lonestar

Quote from: 73109 on January 12, 2011, 12:01:37 PM
Lonestar...with all due respect...

fuck you.
*squints at sunlight while wearing t-shirt outside*

Just wait...one earthquake and you become a fucking island...and then I will laugh. :P

Sigz

>implying being an island wouldn't be fucking awesome

Fine...wait until there is an earthquake and you fall into the abyss that is the center of the Earth.

On a side note, I have always wanted to know about that...can you actually fall into the Earth during an earthquake, and how far would you go?

lonestar

Earthquakes, I laugh in the face of earthq...wait....WTF....MOMMY!!!!!

Global Laziness

Huge snowfall up here in Halifax, too.

King Postwhore

Quote from: lonestar on January 12, 2011, 12:00:38 PM
I'm not finding the humor in this. :lol
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

lordxizor

It's been snowing pretty heavily all day. I'm not looking forward to driving home. Thankfully my commute is very short.

Tick

Warm weather is for pussies.

:tick2:

Neon

We got about 5 inches here.  Luckily it was the really light, fluffy kind so it wasn't too bad shoveling this morning.

King Postwhore

Well, I snowblowed about 14 inches and in about 2 hours I've got 3 more inches on the ground.  Damn you snow.

Cool Chris

Quote from: Neon on January 12, 2011, 03:13:44 PM
We got about 5 inches here.

My sympathies. That is what the cold weather will do for ya. If you ever find that inadequate, let me know and we'll hook up ;)

In all serious, got snow in Seattle again, but luckily it was overnight, and by morning, the rain was turning it to slush. And it doesn't appear to be cold enough to freeze.

Quadrochosis

We got a bunch of snow out here today. I love the way outside looks after everyone has shoveled their driveways. It's always so serene to look at.

I do hate shoveling it, though. :lol

TAC

Got a foot and a half easy. Had no power from 5:40 AM to 2:40 PM! 9 f##king hours!!!
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

wkiml

Quote from: TAC on January 12, 2011, 04:59:09 PM
Got a foot and a half easy. Had no power from 5:40 AM to 2:40 PM! 9 f##king hours!!!

Thats what happens when you live in the lap of luxury 

Tick

20 inches total for me. The whole gang is home today. My wife is home with a hurt back and my daughter has no school again.
Phase 2 of operation dig out begins. Yesterday I did what I had to do to get out of the driveway and get to work. Today the end of my driveway is plowed in again, and I will start to monumental task of clearing the mountain of snow off my sidewalks. Then I must dig out my second car and clear that half of the driveway. It should be a fun morning.

lordxizor

We probably got 12-14 inches total. Thankfully I didn't have to do any shoveling, but the poor landlords were out plowing and shoveling several times.

King Postwhore

18 inches here. Got up early before I went and worked for my bud and cleared 4 more inches from last night.  I here there will be a little snow on saterday night.  I wish it would hold off till sunday for the football game. I love snow games.

lonestar

Quote from: tick on January 12, 2011, 03:06:18 PM
Warm weather is for pussies.

:tick2:
I am what I eat. :millahhhh

lonestar

Tick