News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

THE Tool Thread

Started by Birch Boy, November 28, 2010, 03:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birch Boy

Holy shit. Look at Neil Peart in this video and be amazed at the resemblance to Danny Carey. SAME PERSON OMG.

Birch Boy

GOD DAMNIT WHY AM I ALWAYS THE THREAD KILLER?

ANYWAY, THEY NEED TO ANNOUNCE EASTERN UNITED STATES TOUR DATES. SOON.

aparadoxindeed

Quote from: lateralus88 on November 29, 2010, 08:24:40 AM
Quote from: Zantera on November 29, 2010, 02:46:35 AM
The only downside with Tool is that it takes 5 years to make an album.
Downside? Nah. They have a method to their madness. I'd rather get a master piece every once in a while instead of an average album every year or two.

Yep, definitely agree.

lateralus88

I really wish we'd get some sort of update on how the new album is going. Or at least, you know, them telling us they are working on it.

Birch Boy

shadowfex

Quote from: lateralus88 on February 02, 2011, 05:28:14 PM
I really wish we'd get some sort of update on how the new album is going. Or at least, you know, them telling us they are working on it.

They have just toured Australia and I saw them two weeks ago. Not sure if they're doing that much with a new album yet.

Birch Boy

Quote from: ToolBand.comDANNY will be performing double duty on this last day in February, first working on new musical arrangements with TOOL and then being the guest drummer at tonight's MONDAY NIGHT JAMMMZ at the BAKED POTATO jazz club in STUDIO CITY.

:caffeine:

DarkEternalNight

Woo. Still don't think we're getting the album before 2012.

wolfking

Quote from: DarkEternalNight on March 01, 2011, 06:07:59 PM
Woo. Still don't think we're getting the album before 2012.

This.

Birch Boy

Going to this tomorrow night: https://secure.cosm.org/np/clients/cosm/event.jsp?event=464

You guys should be really jealous. Bringing my copy of Lateralus and a silver sharpie. :metal

orcus116

Holy. Wap Falls is like 15 minutes from my house.

Birch Boy

GO. YOU'LL SEE ALEX GREY.

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, ME.

ACID_FOX

Ressurection.

Tool are the masters of the build up and the pay off in songs.

AwakeFromOctavarium

Lateralus and Aenima are already enough to make them one of the best bands ever.

chknptpie

I'm not a massive Tool fan, but I do enjoy a lot of their music.

zxlkho

Quote from: AwakeFromOctavarium on August 09, 2011, 06:26:15 AM
Lateralus and Aenima are already enough to make them one of the best bands ever.
Agree with this.

Zantera

Aenima never really clicked for me, but both Lateralus and 10000 Days are fantastic.  :tup

Marvellous G

Aenima's the longest an album's ever taken to click with me, but it's also the biggest payoff for perseverance I've had EVER.

lateralus88

Quote from: ACID_FOX on August 09, 2011, 05:31:51 AM
Ressurection.

The song 10,000 Days is the greatest example of this. The climax of that song is easily my favourite moment in music ever. Ever. Of all time.

black_biff_stadler

Quote from: lateralus88 on August 09, 2011, 11:57:21 AM
Ressurection.

The song 10,000 Days is the greatest example of this. The climax of that song is easily my favourite moment in music ever. Ever. Of all time.

If you love it so fuckin much why dontcha change your handle to 10088 days?!  :P

lateralus88

Because I don't want to be Numbers.

Marvellous G

My favourite moment in music is the pause at the beginning of the final riff of Lateralus, where after every instrument's been going batshit insane for a few minutes it drops out to just the guitar doing that simple but somehow mindblowing riff by itself for a few seconds, before everything crashes back in with an explosion and it's the best thing ever hyperbole but true.

pain of occupation

Ressurection.

Tool are the masters of dynamics.

ya, theyre up there as one of the best.

Mechanix1911

Am I the only who finds Undertow (album) just a little boring? Also, my favorite Tool moment is that riff in The Patient, you all probably know what I am talking about, also "AND IM PRAAYING FOR RAIN...".

ACID_FOX

I'm not to fond of the first two albums, but my god Lateralus and 10,000 Days are so amazing.

LieLowTheWantedMan

Funny how Lateralus (the song) only just clicked with me now. Used to think it was just an average song, now it's my second favourite next to 10 000 Days.

ACID_FOX

Quote from: LieLowTheWantedMan on August 15, 2011, 09:47:58 PM
Funny how Lateralus (the song) only just clicked with me now. Used to think it was just an average song, now it's my second favourite next to 10 000 Days.

How the hell could you think of it as only average?

lateralus88

I almost flipped over my desk because of this.

Gadough

Ben_Jamin

I agree with whoever said Undertow is pretty boring. I just can't listen to it all the way through, even though I admire 4 Degrees.

ACID_FOX

EVERY time someone posts in this topic I get my hopes up thinking news about the next Tool album has been announced.

zxlkho

Quote from: ACID_FOX on August 16, 2011, 09:51:03 AM
EVERY time someone posts in this topic I get my hopes up thinking news about the next Tool album has been announced.
Fucking THIS

LieLowTheWantedMan

Quote from: ACID_FOX on August 15, 2011, 11:13:56 PM

How the hell could you think of it as only average?
Iunno.

pain of occupation

Quote from: Ben_Jamin on August 16, 2011, 08:36:58 AM
I agree with whoever said Undertow is pretty boring. I just can't listen to it all the way through...

as much as i love the band, i'm quite anti-undertow as well. it's kinda got this progressive grunge thing happening. no thanx.

Kotowboy

Quote from: zxlkho on August 16, 2011, 09:53:22 AM
Quote from: ACID_FOX on August 16, 2011, 09:51:03 AM
Fucking THIS

A couple of months ago - the big news was " They're Writing".

Don't hold your breath for that release announcement....  :facepalm: