News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

Game of Thrones (TV, fantasy) Thread

Started by GuineaPig, April 12, 2011, 05:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hefdaddy42

Quote from: lonestar on October 25, 2016, 09:55:22 AM
OK finished. Hell of a lot to process in that last 30 minutes, especially the implications of Jon being the son of a Stark and a Baratheon (if I got that right).
A Stark and a Targaryen.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

faizoff

OK finished. Hell of a lot to process in that last 30 minutes, especially the implications of Jon being the son of a Stark and a Baratheon (if I got that right). If that is it, then Jon and Denarys are the two forces and illegitamete queen Cersei the total usurper to be dealt with. Just fucking crazy, and awesome.

I fucking love Arya so much, such a great character. Curious to see how she eventually crosses the Mountain off her list. Making the dude eat his own sons before slitting his throat, so fucking cold man.
I think I've seen each season at least 5 times apart from the last season (just twice) it's a lot of fun rewatching the episodes especially the first three seasons because you get very subtle hints of what's to come plus so much foreshadowing the dialogue makes a lot more sense because it has context.

lonestar

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on October 25, 2016, 10:05:58 AM
OK finished. Hell of a lot to process in that last 30 minutes, especially the implications of Jon being the son of a Stark and a Baratheon (if I got that right).
A Stark and a Targaryen.

OK, gotcha, I made an assumption based on Robert's love for her in th he beginning.

So that kinda makes him the true heir, doesn't it?

Prog Snob

A Stark and a Targaryen.

Yes, Neddard Stargaryen

Prog Snob

Quote from: lonestar on October 25, 2016, 10:36:44 AM
A Stark and a Targaryen.

OK, gotcha, I made an assumption based on Robert's love for her in th he beginning.

So that kinda makes him the true heir, doesn't it?

It makes him the Song in A Song of Ice and Fire.

lonestar

Prog Snob

At least that's one of the popular theories.

lonestar

Yeah, and the whole coming back from the dead thing would add tremendous credence to it.

Prog Snob

I can't wait until next season to see what happens when the dragons arrive and Jon meets Dany.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Prog Snob

Did you see the photo on that link I posted?

BlackInk

On the subject of the S06E10 opening scene, I think it's a bit weird to hear piano in the soundtrack to a medieval fantasy, it's like having dubstep in a first world war movie. That said, it is great music and ultimately works I'd say.

BlobVanDam

I didn't find it too weird putting piano with it, since it's medieval inspired high fantasy rather than actual medieval era, but it definitely stood out as different to their norm, and I agree it worked really well. It gave that dramatic feel to the scene where you knew shit was going down and you were just watching it all play out as intended, and made it very unique for the show.

home

The piano fitted just perfect in my opinion, it's probably one of my favourite and most dramatic parts partly because of the music.

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Yea it did feel diffrent, that was also my first thought but it still worked and it did set a nice mood on the opening scene.

Cyclopssss

I remember hearing that first piano chord and immediately getting chills. You just knew shit was about to go down.

faizoff

The blu-ray boxset was released yesterday and I picked up my copy from Walmart that came with an exclusive bonus disc. Watching the featurette on the battle of bastards and it's breathtaking that makes me love the episode even more. I'm surprised by how much of the stuff was all real on the battle and how much Kit did his own stunts. All in all an amazing watch, both the episode and the behind the scenes.
Can't wait to dive into the 13 commentaries for this set.

hefdaddy42

cramx3

faizoff

The first commentary I listened to was the season finale's with David and Dan, Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage. It's a hilarious commentary only problem is there are some absurd quiet moments throughout the episode. Love how they talk about other movies and what they want to watch next rather than what's on screen lol.

faizoff

Listened to 8 of the 13 so far and they have all been very good, very entertaining to listen to. Favorite one so far is episode 5 'The Door' that has the actors playing Hodor, Meera, Yara and Euron. Yara and Euron hadn't seen the episode before and it's hilarious listening to their reaction as they're watching many of the things unfold.

Progmetty

They released the BluRay already? I thought they always did that a couple of month before the new season starts!
Sweet!

cramx3

Quote from: Progmetty on November 20, 2016, 03:23:59 AM
They released the BluRay already? I thought they always did that a couple of month before the new season starts!
Sweet!

yea it feels a bit early this year and also odd due to the later release of season 7

faizoff

Normally the blu ray is released in March about a month before the new season but like mentioned season seven isn't coming in April next year so they are releasing this early in time for the holidays. This also makes it two releases in one year. We might not get a Blu-ray release next year.

gmillerdrake

ReaperKK

Podaar

That is either fan art or a huge spoiler, Gary. Where did you get it?

BlackInk

Pretty sure it's fan art. I think I've seen it before. Still really cool though.

gmillerdrake

Quote from: Podaar on February 16, 2017, 05:58:49 AM
That is either fan art or a huge spoiler, Gary. Where did you get it?

My brother in law sent it to me via text.

Podaar

Yeah, I went digging and found it. That is fan art. *whew*

cramx3

:lol I was about to say, wow the fan theory of ice dragons is true! Kind of glad to see it is just fan art.  Not sure I'd like ice dragons introduced so late in the show when Dany's dragons have been so important to the storyline.  I like the idea of the white walkers themselves being the anti dragons and vice versa.

Chino

Quote from: Prog Snob on October 25, 2016, 11:08:31 AM
I can't wait until next season to see what happens when the dragons arrive and Jon meets Dany.

I want to see ice giants take down a dragon with one of their giant bows, and resurrect it as an ice dragon.

MirrorMask

About dragons, the Three Eyed Raven told Bran "You will never walk again, but you will fly"... can we take it as a giveaway that he will warg into a dragon?

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Quote from: ReaperKK on February 16, 2017, 05:47:39 AM
I'm getting excited!
Yea the itch is starting to grow, can't believe it's almost a year since the last season. After every season finale it's always a bit heavy when you realise you have to wait a year until the next season. Now here we are, a couple of months left, excellent!  :tup

cramx3

Quote from: MirrorMask on February 16, 2017, 10:44:42 AM
About dragons, the Three Eyed Raven told Bran "You will never walk again, but you will fly"... can we take it as a giveaway that he will warg into a dragon?

A very popular theory