News:

The staff at DTF wish to remind you all that a firm grasp of the rules of Yahtzee can save your life and the lives of your loved ones.  Be safe out there.

Main Menu

How do you like your meat?

Started by Aramatheis, May 21, 2011, 09:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How cooked do you like your steak/meat?

Still bleeding
4 (4.2%)
Blue rare
0 (0%)
Rare
12 (12.5%)
Medium Rare
37 (38.5%)
Medium
13 (13.5%)
Medium Well
13 (13.5%)
Well Done
7 (7.3%)
Charred
2 (2.1%)
BACON
8 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Aramatheis

Pretty simple. How do you like your meat to be cooked?

Personally, I like Medium Well. I'm definitely not a fan of pink in the middle of my steak (but I won't make a fuss if there is a little bit).

Quadrochosis

i like my meat like i like myself

drunk

zxlkho

sonatafanica

Medium rare for steak, medium/medium-well for burgers, and medium well for tuna steaks. Say what you will about the tuna, if I want sushi I'll order sushi.

Adami

www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

Jirpo

Quote from: Aramatheis on May 21, 2011, 09:35:21 PM

Personally, I like Medium Well. I'm definitely not a fan of pink in the middle of my steak (but I won't make a fuss if there is a little bit).

Gadough

ScioPath

Quadrochosis

Adami

Quote from: Gadough on May 21, 2011, 09:43:41 PM
WTF is blue rare?

Seared, Blue rare or very rare — Cooked very quickly; the outside is seared, but the inside is usually cool and barely cooked. The steak will be red on the inside and barely warmed. Sometimes asked for as "blood rare" or "bloody as hell". In the United States, this is also sometimes referred to as 'Black and Blue' or 'Pittsburgh Rare'. It is common for chefs to place the steak in an oven to warm the inside of the steak. This method generally means 'blue' steaks take longer to prepare than any other steak degree, as these require additional warming time prior to cooking.

Gadough

Oh.

See, I thought that's what "normal" rare meant.

Quadrochosis

Quote from: Gadough on May 21, 2011, 09:48:54 PM
Oh.

See, I thought that's what "normal" rare meant.

sorry we're not all like southern meat expert tit lickers

MetalManiac666

Medium for steaks, medium-well for burgers.

lonestar

Quote from: Adami on May 21, 2011, 09:47:54 PM
WTF is blue rare?

Seared, Blue rare or very rare — Cooked very quickly; the outside is seared, but the inside is usually cool and barely cooked. The steak will be red on the inside and barely warmed. Sometimes asked for as "blood rare" or "bloody as hell". In the United States, this is also sometimes referred to as 'Black and Blue' or 'Pittsburgh Rare'. It is common for chefs to place the steak in an oven to warm the inside of the steak. This method generally means 'blue' steaks take longer to prepare than any other steak degree, as these require additional warming time prior to cooking.
Actually, "black and blue" and "Pittsburgh" refer to a steak that is charred on the outside but blue in the middle.

For me, wipe its ass, shave off its horns, and walk it through the kitchen.

Adami

Quote from: lonestar on May 21, 2011, 10:18:58 PM
WTF is blue rare?

Actually, "black and blue" and "Pittsburgh" refer to a steak that is charred on the outside but blue in the middle.

Feel free to edit the wiki page.

Volk9

lonestar

Quote from: Adami on May 21, 2011, 10:21:22 PM
Quote from: lonestar on May 21, 2011, 10:18:58 PM
WTF is blue rare?

Feel free to edit the wiki page.
wiki said that,  :rollin

I'll go with my ten plus years in steakhouses.

Adami

Well, it doesn't take a 10+ year chef to correct a vegetarian about meat.

I just copied the wiki stuff, I had never heard of half of this stuff and I've never had steak.

Implode

This was posted in the last thread. I think it's a good guide.

I get medium rare.

lonestar

Just asked my boss. and he agreed, also adding that the "blue" should be spelt "bleu", the french word for rare.

The above diagram is pretty good, though my mediums are a touch rarer than that.

Implode

Also, my favorite post of this thread:

Quote from: The Texas Pirate! on January 17, 2011, 08:15:25 PM
If there only was a way to cut a steak off a living cow and put it on my plate just as the blood drains out of it and have the cow watch me eat. :metal :heart :metal

Bonham

mrjazzguitar

wolfking

JayOctavarium

wtf deja vu?

are we out of things to talk about?

medium well. I am a pussy.

Ravenheart

Black, like my metal (and my soul).

LeeHarveyKennedy

Perpetual Change

Zydar

TimmyHiggy

As rare as it can be whilst still being hot all the way through

tri.ad

Sigz

Chino

I like it medium with char on the outside.

alirocker08

Rare. I barely ever get rare steaks, normally get stuck with well done v.v