News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Still "a thing" since 2007.

Main Menu

I&W and SFAM

Started by ubit, June 08, 2011, 01:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubit

Quote from: Dream Team on June 10, 2011, 11:07:09 AM
:justjen Not sure if intentional.

My faith in this board has been restored - glad you noticed.  Wasn't sure if I could work the phrase "under a glass moon" in surreptitiously, so I gave up there.   :P

Upon review of both of these songs (in my car, rocking out - not the proper setup for deep thoughts, but it was the best I could do for now), I do not dislike either one.  I think they have some very cool moments, particularly TtT.  However, I still realized once they ended that I would likely not listen to either one frequently if I was just scanning their discography and looking for something to listen to.  Particularly UAGM.  I think TtT has grown on me some since I originally made my statements about it.  I like the feel it has to it.  

To sum up: I don't hate, dislike, or even find those two songs to be neutral in quality.  I find them to be excellent songs.  I just find much of DT's other work to be a [significantly enough] more pleasurable for my ears to listen to.  I think they are better than the best song out of most bands' catalogs, and are certainly entertaining and skillfully written (maybe even masterfully).  But they do not beckon me to listen to them repeatedly, or urge me to grab my least favorite towel prior to listening.