News:

BREAKING NEWS:  Dream Theater reunites with drummer Mike Portnoy (10/25/23)

Main Menu

The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 04/23)

Started by cyberdrummer, December 07, 2010, 02:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreamerTV

Seems now that the Copenhagen date is gone, and instead there's a new Sweden gig on Feb22 at Annaxet.
My two cents: they'll do both.

cyberdrummer

Zydar

Zydar

Weymolith

Quote from: DreamerTV on June 25, 2013, 01:22:03 AM
Seems now that the Copenhagen date is gone, and instead there's a new Sweden gig on Feb22 at Annaxet.

The Copenhagen date is still there on Feb 20th.

jcmoorehead

Was between Manchester and Wolverhampton for me but because my friend is likely going to want to go and he's a school teacher opted for Wolverhampton. Was pricey because I went for the Platinum VIP tickets but it'll be worth it, can't wait  :rollin

aprilethereal

Naikon

Quote from: Zydar on June 25, 2013, 01:29:51 AM
Yaaay! A Swedish date! :metal

Damn, but why Annexet? The smallest arena in Stockholm...

Anyway, I must be looking for someone from Gothenburg who wants to go too.

?

I don't think SFAM or Awake will be played in full, because the tour is in support of the new album. Besides, I bet they would advertise these shows as an anniversary tour if it was one.

Zydar

philmcson

Wooooohooooo, two (or three) dates close to me: Zagreb, Ljubljana, maybe Vienna.  :metal

Hoping for a Balkanian DTFers meetup in my hometown  :hat

philmcson

Regarding ticket prices, we in Croatia will pay only 33 €. Seems they create the prices based on the country's economy, which is more than fair.  :tup

MoraWintersoul

Quote from: philmcson on June 25, 2013, 04:46:59 AM
Regarding ticket prices, we in Croatia will pay only 33 €. Seems they create the prices based on the country's economy, which is more than fair.  :tup
Woop dee doo, that's not too expensive. Definitely increases my chances of going, although I'll likely have to give up one of this fall's concerts to go, and also there's an Iced Earth concert in Belgrade on the 4th of February that I likely won't be able to go to. Oh well, it's DT! :biggrin:

SomeoneLikeHim

cyberdrummer

I don't really hold out much hope for SFAM, but I reckon we could see the entire new album.

BlackInk

Where did the swedish date thing go? I saw it earlier that they wrote something about playing at Annexet february 22nd on facebook and thought I'd check it out when I got home but now I can't find it.

Zydar

FrostbiteZ

Quote from: Weymolith on June 25, 2013, 03:06:15 AM
Quote from: DreamerTV on June 25, 2013, 01:22:03 AM

The Copenhagen date is still there on Feb 20th.
Where? I don't see. Its not listed on their homepage or facebook page  ???

aprilethereal

So since the thread title now says "AN EVENING WITH DREAM THEATER": is this officially confirmed by now? Would be awesome :D

wasteland

Yeah, I was about to ask cyberD why he took the final step and edited the thread title :D

cyberdrummer

Indirect confirmation from the former Italian fanclub administrator, and a photo of somebody's e-ticket.

aprilethereal

Meatrose

Wow, if they're truly returning to the "An Evening With" format I've gotta say I'm surprised. Here's to hoping James' voice can take it, especially with what seems to be a more intense tour schedule.

The Curious Orange

Just got a ticket for Wolverhampton - Gold VIP got me to Row E.  :metal Platinum VIP would have got me to Row A, but I just ain't that rich.  :'(

IdoSC

I'm kinda worried now, during both the first European leg of BCSL tour and ADTOE tour DT came to Israel (their only two shows around here so far), and they didn't announce anything for this leg. Crossing fingers for the next one though :/

The Curious Orange

Rush were only £60, and I can't see DT putting on a show of that magnitude. Totally agree - today's ticket prices are a rip off.

serrano

Quote from: The Curious Orange on June 26, 2013, 06:35:31 AM
Rush were only £60, and I can't see DT putting on a show of that magnitude. Totally agree - today's ticket prices are a rip off.

Wow, that's about 70 EUR, in Offenbach is only 42 EUR ~ £35

cyberdrummer

Nice one. I couldn't bring myself to part with that much money, especially since I was front row in the same venue in 2011 for just over £30.

Dream Team

Quote from: Dream Team on June 24, 2013, 06:44:12 AM
Quote from: TheAtliator on June 23, 2013, 11:19:51 PM
I notice 3 or 4 shows in a row sometimes.. does that make Evening With a lot less likely?

Yeah, first thing I noticed. That's asking too much of James IMO.

3 or 4 dates in a row AND Evening With format?? I hope James brings the cortisone . . .

wasteland

I really hope he doesn't. As Jaime said, that's a really dangerous practice for singers.

Grizz

I think that this VIP thing is BS.
First of all, it takes all the fun out of anxiously waiting to get the ticket. Then, the ticket prices got really expensive anyway. Based on Apollo prices, a pair of gold VIP tickets would be $300, which neither me nor my father could pay for! Regular crap tickets would cost something like $170!

Hopefully they stop at some GA place around here and I can get there early!

MoraWintersoul

Hey, dudes, we could also have some faith in our man? Long gone are the days where James wouldn't be asked if a tour schedule is asking too much of him, and over the years he's grown to be way more careful with his voice. I can see how he could be a little overconfident and bite a little more than he can swallow, since this is a pretty cool moment for DT and they're all really super psyched to be doing what they're doing, but I can't imagine him saying yes to a whole tour that would totally ruin his voice, as it is already speculated here. You bet your ass this has been discussed at DT camp and that James gave his yes based on how his voice really feels at the moment. I can't see them doing it any differently.

Especially when no one's expecting them to actually do Evening Withs, which they haven't done in a while, but hardcore fans who would go to the show anyway. Literally, the only two reasons why they might be bringing them back is because a) they have cool ideas for the setlist b) they know they can pull it off again. All of them. MP mentioned in a BCSL-ish-era intie the longer shows were taking a toll on the entire band. They're being brought back for a reason and now we just gotta stand by and watch them either make it work or pull through them. Hopefully the former.

wasteland

Exactly. As I said in the other thread, I'm the first to harbour some doubts and I'm not sure he will be able to live up to the standard he set on the ADTOE tour with such a tight schedule of AEW, but he's the man. He's the one who managed to recover from a nearly hopeless condition to reach a silver age at the age (no pun intended) of 50. Let's not forget this. He knows who he is, he knows what he has to do.

If he agreed to have such a schedule it means that he approved it. The days where the needs of one member were overshadowed by the others' or just plainly ignored are over, if they ever existed.

Fiery Winds

Another thing to keep in mind, with a back catalogue as vast and diverse as DT's, adding an hour or so of extra music doesn't necessarily mean an hour of rigorous singing from JLB. Adding back uncut versions of epics instead of medley's, acoustic sets, instrumental breaks, etc. all help minimize the strain on his voice while still extending the set.

I still haven't seen any solid confirmation on Evening With being added though. Does anyone have a link?