The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 04/23)

Started by cyberdrummer, December 07, 2010, 02:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

cyberdrummer

Quote from: mike099 on October 11, 2013, 05:30:39 PM
Another question will be if the  North American tour will be the 'Evening With' format.   

Trust me, it's not in question.

In answer to the OP: soon.

gmillerdrake

I can't tell you much about the NA tour dates.....but what I can tell you with 100% certainty backed by a Lords of London Insurance Policy is that there will NOT be a show played in St. Louis, Missouri. You can take that to the bank.

So Chicago, Kansas City, Milwaukee.....I'll see one, or heck....maybe all three of you in 2014.

mike099

Quote from: gmillerdrake on October 12, 2013, 08:08:57 AM
I can't tell you much about the NA tour dates.....but what I can tell you with 100% certainty backed by a Lords of London Insurance Policy is that there will NOT be a show played in St. Louis, Missouri. You can take that to the bank.

So Chicago, Kansas City, Milwaukee.....I'll see one, or heck....maybe all three of you in 2014.

Same for Nashville.  Seems like St. Louis would be a large enough market to support a DT concert.

Grizz

They haven't played there since some drunken idiot fell onto someone from the balcony trying to catch a drumhead and then ran off.

Also, if they skip CT again I won't be happy. It would be even worse if they played at that shit shack called the meadows.

cyberdrummer

2014-02-26 - Yubileyniy Sport Palace - St. Petersburg, RUS
2014-02-28 - Stadium Live - Moscow, RUS
2014-03-02 - Siemens Arena - Vilnius, LIT

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

theseoafs

Quote from: TAC on December 04, 2013, 03:20:45 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 26, 2013, 11:09:06 AM
Just checking in to say that I am READY for some US tour dates!!

Yep, been ready for some US tour dates for months.  Hand 'em over, DT.

Tick

wasteland

John Petrucci in a recent loudwire.com interview, regarding the upcoming tour:

QuoteJohn, you're in the midst of planning the world tour that kicks off this coming January. How is it coming so far?

Really well. Were calling it "An Evening with Dream Theater" and it will be two full sets with an intermission. Just a ton of music. Our goal is to make it the best Dream Theater live experience ever and when you enter the venue, our plan is to just take you into our world. In addition to the music, there will be a complex video and lighting component that really will create this kind of parallel universe where we live. There will be many musical surprises. The goal is always to raise the bar from the previous tour but this time I think were really going little bit crazy. I have to add to that it's been extra exciting for our drummer Mike Mangini because there's plenty of music in our back catalog that he's never played before so for him a lot of this really is going to be a new experience. But I promise you this will be unlike any other Dream Theater show you've ever seen or experienced and it's going to be very special.

Lucien

wasteland

Quote from: Lucien on December 07, 2013, 12:49:31 AM
MANY MUSICAL SURPRISES  :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

Most likely an acoustic set or the return of the Galactic Cowboys  :lol

Lucien

I was thinking more along the lines of the little funny things they do in the middle of songs, twinkle twinkle little star in Endless Sacrifice, etc.

wasteland

Nah, that would be a bit underwhelming, if only because it wouldn't be a surprise at all! I am seriously hoping for a few of the lesser known (to the wider audiene) songs to take one or two slots somewhere in the set, to showcase the forgotten side of the Dream. You know, songs like Eve, Mike Thinks He's Dee Dee Ramone Introducing a Song Song, or Space-Dye Vest!

GasparXR

That interview made me even more excited for the tour! I really want to get NA tour dates and get my ticket NOW! :caffeine:

cosmicwxdude

Buddy of mine linked the news via FB this morning.  Well not really news yet but 'soon'  :azn:

Zydar

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TheGreatPretender

cosmicwxdude

Well it says, US not North America....but you never know.

JayOctavarium

rumborak

Quote from: TheGreatPretender on December 07, 2013, 10:23:07 AM
I don't suppose by U.S. dates, they mean Canada too.

I think they treat Canada as "US dates where we missed an exit".

Shadow2222

^ Yeah, I'm really hoping we get the US Tour Dates before Christmas.

Theme Dreater

Can't wait for the dates! I hope i can make it to one of the shows.

cramx3

Hoping for a Friday/Saturday show in the NY/NJ area. I hate going to concerts during the week since I need to wake up so damn early.

Also, might as well hope for the Beacon Theater. I love that place.

Prog Snob

Tick

Prog Snob

Shadow2222

I'm eagerly awaiting this tour more than any previous ones since I've been a fan. Bring on the dates!!

bosk1

TheOutlawXanadu

KevShmev

Jeez, they really like dragging this out, don't they?  :facepalm:

Tis BOOLsheet

There's an announcement that there's going to be an announcement?