News:

The staff at DTF wish to remind you all that a firm grasp of the rules of Yahtzee can save your life and the lives of your loved ones.  Be safe out there.

Main Menu

2011-07-05 - Castello Scaligero - Verona, ITA

Started by wasteland, July 05, 2011, 02:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgstk2

Enjoy!,
i hope they play something like meallicas damage inc just for fun as an encore..... Or play something from the metal alubm from annihiliator that would be fun.... Btw annihilator is underated..... Go Dt bring it on

Tomislav95

Quote from: wasteland on July 05, 2011, 01:07:46 PM

(folks, it is the same setlist of yesterday. If something unexpected happens I'll tell you)
You are on the show?

tgstk2

75 guests are wathcing this thread let me say hi to them..... One by one..

Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!
Hi guest!

Welcome to dt forum enjoy your stay...... While lurking please make sure you dont do anything against rule 14b

Dellers

Quote from: tgstk2 on July 05, 2011, 01:17:51 PM
75 guests are wathcing this thread let me say hi to them..... One by one........
Lol. I never changed the 60 minute login, so basically I would always seem to be a guest :P  I suppose most "guests" are actually members of the site.

Tomislav95

Quote from: Dellers on July 05, 2011, 01:20:17 PM
75 guests are wathcing this thread let me say hi to them..... One by one........
Lol. I never changed the 60 minute login, so basically I would always seem to be a guest :P  I suppose most "guests" are actually members of the site.
I'm here forever :P

ResultsMayVary

Quote from: Tomislav95 on July 05, 2011, 01:22:43 PM
Quote from: Dellers on July 05, 2011, 01:20:17 PM
I'm here forever :P
As am I. Dammit. :|

KevShmev

I won't be too surprised if the set lists stay fairly similar for a while at first.  You have to remember that Mangini is new to the band, and all of the songs aren't ingrained in his head like they are for the others.  That will come with time.  Also remember that on both Sherinian and Rudess' first tours with the band, the set lists pretty much stayed the same the whole way through the legs (DS on the Awake tour in the fall/winter of '94, and Rudess on the M:2000 tour in the spring on '00).  And the band's discography is much larger now than it was when they both joined, so there is a lot more material for Mangini to learn on the fly than there was for DS or JR.

wasteland

Quote from: KevShmev on July 05, 2011, 01:29:16 PM
I won't be too surprised if the set lists stay fairly similar for a while at first.  You have to remember that Mangini is new to the band, and all of the songs aren't ingrained in his head like they are for the others.  That will come with time.  Also remember that on both Sherinian and Rudess' first tours with the band, the set lists pretty much stayed the same the whole way through the legs (DS on the Awake tour in the fall/winter of '94, and Rudess on the M:2000 tour in the spring on '00).. 

I agree. But it would be cool to change at least the encore song!

IdoSC

Quote from: wasteland on July 05, 2011, 01:30:50 PM
I won't be too surprised if the set lists stay fairly similar for a while at first.  You have to remember that Mangini is new to the band, and all of the songs aren't ingrained in his head like they are for the others.  That will come with time.  Also remember that on both Sherinian and Rudess' first tours with the band, the set lists pretty much stayed the same the whole way through the legs (DS on the Awake tour in the fall/winter of '94, and Rudess on the M:2000 tour in the spring on '00).. 

Oh god no...I'm gonna miss my LTL :'(

The Silent Cody

Encore song could be changed indeed. Wasteland, is it still the same as yesterday?

tri.ad

Quote from: wasteland on July 05, 2011, 01:30:50 PM
I won't be too surprised if the set lists stay fairly similar for a while at first.  You have to remember that Mangini is new to the band, and all of the songs aren't ingrained in his head like they are for the others.  That will come with time.  Also remember that on both Sherinian and Rudess' first tours with the band, the set lists pretty much stayed the same the whole way through the legs (DS on the Awake tour in the fall/winter of '94, and Rudess on the M:2000 tour in the spring on '00)..  

Why? LTL is pretty much the perfect song for a concert closer.

Tomislav95

Quote from: The Silent Cody on July 05, 2011, 01:34:34 PM
Encore song could be changed indeed. Wasteland, is it still the same as yesterday?
Yesterday Forsaken was 4th and today it's 3rd

wasteland

Hey, chill XD If it were for me, I would always close with LTL, it is the ultimate DT song and conclusion of a gig. I was just speculating that they could retain the same setlist every night, rotating just two/three song as encores...

Quote from: The Silent Cody on July 05, 2011, 01:34:34 PM

Yeah, we're past OTBOA, and at the moment Caught In A Web is being played.

IdoSC

Tomislav95

The Silent Cody

Tomislav95

wasteland

Me neither. And now that my source has cut the hotline (dead phone battery) we have been left loitering in the halls of doubt, darkness and despair...

:facepalm:

John94

Tomislav95

wasteland

Quote from: IdoSC on July 05, 2011, 01:56:21 PM
NOOOOOO! Italy! Charge your cellphones :'(

There was actually nothing great to witness.

Yesterday crowd have been amazing, today the atmosphere is somehow less warm. Maybe it's beacause everyone in the audience already knew what the setlist was going to be...

The Silent Cody

Yeah, that's probably it...anyway, even if I am a little dissapointed with lack of changes, I can't wait for my DT concert ;) Wasteland, encore or too early yet?

IdoSC

Quote from: wasteland on July 05, 2011, 01:58:47 PM

Yesterday crowd have been amazing, today the atmosphere is somehow less warm. Maybe it's beacause everyone in the audience already knew what the setlist was going to be...
Wait. are you saying most of these people went to both of the shows? Anyways, I guess it was sorta expected. At least Mangini got his love from the crowd XD

By the way, did his solo sound good? Was it any different?

KevShmev

I doubt that's the reason.  Assuming DT gets an average of 2-4K fans per show, how many of those do you think actually take the time to look online to find set lists?  Not every fan is a forum nut like many of us here. :lol

wasteland

Quote from: The Silent Cody on July 05, 2011, 02:01:00 PM
Yeah, that's probably it...anyway, even if I am a little dissapointed with lack of changes, I can't wait for my DT concert ;) Wasteland, encore or too early yet?

I don't know... I have no more contacts with the show. I assume that we are somwhere in the middle of the Count, at the moment. But again, no certainties or truths coming from me from now on.

Quote from: IdoSC on July 05, 2011, 02:01:09 PM
Quote from: wasteland on July 05, 2011, 01:58:47 PM

Wait. are you saying most of these people went to both of the shows? Anyways, I guess it was sorta expected. At least Mangini got his love from the crowd XD

By the way, did his solo sound good? Was it any different?

Same golden shit as yesterday's.  :corn

Actually, something happened: the whole band went directly into The Count after finishing Caught In A Web. Then they realized that things had got horribly wrong and started over with Through My Words.  :lol

edu

Hi i am one of the guests!! well, now i am not. This is my first post, i´m from Spain and spent the last two days refreshing this topic and the Rome one.  Love the set list!!

IdoSC

Quote from: wasteland on July 05, 2011, 02:05:57 PM
Actually, something happened: the whole band went directly into The Count after finishing Caught In A Web. Then they realized that things had got horribly wrong and started over with Through My Words.  :lol
Lolwut...brilliant :lol

The Silent Cody

Quote from: IdoSC on July 05, 2011, 02:09:10 PM
Quote from: wasteland on July 05, 2011, 02:05:57 PM
Lolwut...brilliant :lol
:lol :lol

wasteland

Quote from: Stonestef on July 05, 2011, 02:10:42 PM

This one is going to be shown to the taper who has disappointed hundreds of DT fans from all over the world with his low-battery syndrome (wah, that actually sounded like some new Riverside album  :lol).

blackngold29

Quote from: mocool13 on July 05, 2011, 12:45:48 PM
A Change of Seasons
The Best of Times
John Myung Martial Arts Demonstration
In The Presence of Enemies (Extended 2 years long version)
The Count of Tuscany feat. The Count of Tuscany & The Count's Brother & Dr Dre
Canadian Rap
John Thinks He's Randy Song
John Petrucci Bodybuilding Demonstration
Derek Sherinian Fashion Demonstration
Mike Portnoy Spitting Demonstration
Anna Lee
I Will Survive
Eye Of The Tiger
YMCA
Interlude - Mike Mangini: "I'm Not Mike Portnoy"
Encore:
Prophets of War

:lol
DT doing the YMCA. :rollin :rollin :rollin

DarkEternalNight

Aniland

Quote from: tgstk2 on July 05, 2011, 01:11:56 PM
Enjoy!,
i hope they play something like meallicas damage inc just for fun as an encore..... Or play something from the metal alubm from annihiliator that would be fun.... Btw annihilator is underated..... Go Dt bring it on

Do you realize what band this is?

BRGM