Did we scare off icysk8r?

Started by MetalJunkie, July 19, 2011, 04:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalJunkie

He hasn't posted since the 8th and hasn't been active since the 14th. Could it be due to that bosk shoop (which was awesome)?

TheVoxyn

He already left before that. Check his post history, he made some farewell post in the chat thread.

MasterShakezula

LieLowTheWantedMan

One of the forum punching bags. :P

MasterShakezula

Quote from: LieLowTheWantedMan on July 19, 2011, 04:12:52 AM

Oh, kinda like Numb3rs?

Man, I sure am glad not to be one.

I do wonder what exactly is my role...

robwebster

Quote from: MasterShakezula on July 19, 2011, 04:15:28 AM

Oh, kinda like Numb3rs?

Monkey butler.

MasterShakezula

Quote from: robwebster on July 19, 2011, 04:18:47 AM
Quote from: MasterShakezula on July 19, 2011, 04:15:28 AM

Oh, kinda like Numb3rs?

Monkey butler.

Here's yer martini.  You told me you prefer them shaken, so I stirred the fuck out of it.

YtseBitsySpider

Good.
Now drink your own urine.

MasterShakezula

Quote from: YtseBitsySpider on July 19, 2011, 04:43:59 AM
Good.

Honestly, it didn't turn out too badly. 

The urine. 

The martini was ruined.

Which is kind of why I had to drink the urine.

King Postwhore

Internet bullies, real life pussies.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

YtseBitsySpider

MasterShakezula

Quote from: kingshmegland on July 19, 2011, 04:47:38 AM

So, was he like a troll or something like that?

Perpetual Change

He's the CEO of his own company now. So I guess he's busy.

robwebster

Good.
I shouldn't have laughed at this, but I did.

Quote from: MasterShakezula on July 19, 2011, 04:46:18 AM
Good.

Honestly, it didn't turn out too badly. 

The urine. 

The martini was ruined.

Which is kind of why I had to drink the urine.
I shouldn't have laughed at this, but I did.

However, both pale in comparison to...

Quote from: Perpetual Change on July 19, 2011, 04:53:58 AM
He's the CEO of his own company now. So I guess he's busy.
I really shouldn't have laughed at this, but... you get the picture.  :lol

King Postwhore

Quote from: MasterShakezula on July 19, 2011, 04:49:59 AM
Quote from: kingshmegland on July 19, 2011, 04:47:38 AM

So, was he like a troll or something like that?

No.  He's just an annoying young kid that's all but instead of annoying him, people attacked him.  Listen, I had my differences with his idea that pedophiles was a sexual choice, (Yes I lost it on that one) but he did take too much crap here.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

wolfking

Didn't people make fun of him and/or his girlfriend or something and he went on a rage and said he was never coming back?  I could be totally incorrect.

sonatafanica

he lacked the confidence to deal with criticism about him and his global corporation here.

but why he left is a mystery

style

MasterShakezula

But what was his company, and what did they peddle? :heart

I'll guess it was some sort of vanity music video studio.

Jamesman42

I'm actually totally unsure what's going on with all of this. It seemed like I never saw him posting way before he "left."
\o\ lol /o/

MasterShakezula

Quote from: Jamesman on July 19, 2011, 05:49:18 AM
I'm actually totally unsure what's going on with all of this. It seemed like I never saw him posting way before he "left."

The same boat as yours.  Is the one I'm in.

Jamesman42

If this boat's'a rockin' don't come a'knockin'
\o\ lol /o/

skydivingninja

Quote from: wolfking on July 19, 2011, 05:36:18 AM
Didn't people make fun of him and/or his girlfriend or something and he went on a rage and said he was never coming back?  I could be totally incorrect.

This did happen, then he realized that it wasn't meant to be malicious at all.  Also that girlfriend broke up with him after only a week and a half or something.  So he came back, became the CEO of his own magic company that has since been turned into a self-help forum that uses magic and magicians as a theme, and then left.  He didn't really post much before he left anyways, and when he did it was usually about BEDECEIVED.

Sigz

Quote from: icysk8r on July 06, 2011, 01:34:56 AM
Hey guys, I don't think I'm going to post here anymore.  This isn't meant to be a cry-baby post or attention-whore post or anything like that.  Just an information post.  I'm not asking for pity or anything, just want to let you guys know why you probably won't see me around here anymore.

I have very high aspirations when it comes to my company.  I have expressed these and run with them, and everyone has been very supportive except for the majority of the people who spoke to me from these forums.  I've tried to just let it go, but it seems like any time I talk to anyone from these forums or share my ideas with them, a negative cloud is thrown over my head.  I think a lot of people here need to seriously check their attitudes and what makes them happy in life, because while I got some constructive feedback, a lot of things said (especially on facebook from members) were not constructive, and were actually quite hurtful.  Like I said, I've tried to just ignore it, but it's getting increasingly hard to post on a forum where I once found acceptance and happiness, only to leave less happy that when i came in.  You could say I'm taking it to seriously, but that's fine.  You could say I'm taking myself too seriously, and you might be right.  I DO take myself seriously.  I take myself seriously, and I take my company seriously, and I don't see why that is such a hard concept to grasp. 

I'm not angry at anyone.  I just don't like the negative atmosphere anymore.  Maybe I'll post again when I feel this forum can benefit me, but for now it's doing nothing but ruining any good mood I have.

Thanks,
Collin

Kosmo

I was going to make a stupid joke about him doing a disappearing magic trick but I don't know how to do the YEEEEAAAHH smilie so it would be POINTLESS. damnit

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

MasterShakezula

Well, as Geddy Lee said, "If I could wave my magic wand I'd set everybody free from icysk8r ."

:neverusethis:

Well, there's the magic trick joke for Kosmo.

Dr. DTVT

I had no problem with him, other than the spamming of BeDeceived.  I would welcome his return.

Summers

I always thought people were way too harsh on him, seemed to be just cause he's younger.  Did even get like bullying sometimes.

Dublagent66

Beavis:  "I always thought there was something wrong with him."
Butthead:  "Yeah, huh huh.....he had a lot of problems, huh huh."
Beavis:  "He used to hit me too."

:neverusethis:

Chino

MasterShakezula

Quote from: Chino on July 19, 2011, 07:34:30 AM
I miss Icy

I never got to meet him, but I would have liked to.  Maybe. 

robwebster

The thing I'll really miss about icy is probably how effortlessly he amazed and fascinated every person he encountered, and he fit in so perfectly no matter who he approached.

No - silly jokes aside, I do wish him all the best, and every success with his, er, company, but it's like... right, I know image is everything, and I get that, but the image he's trying to project is so at odds with the reality of what he's doing that, regretfully, I'd have to say that it just comes across as really insincere and corny. Self-aggrandising terms like "CEO" don't exactly help, and are so far detached from reality that they only actually emphasise the fact that he's just a kid with a couple of card tricks. He did get a lot of flak, but I do understand why, and to an extent you've got to admit that he did make his own luck.

Still! He's got a lot more facebook fans than I do, so you know. I'm sure there is someone who'd want to win a signed photo of him. I'm not sure who - maybe someone who's making a voodoo doll? - but more power to him, and the best of luck with all future ventures.

XJDenton

Forgive me, but what does his company do?
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
― Terry Pratchett

El Barto

Noticed he wasn't posting, but didn't know he had left.  Assumed it was just normal summer, teenager stuff.  That's unfortunate.  I certainly remember when he first showed up and the animosity he received was well deserved.  Christ, he was obnoxious.  But he turned things around pretty quickly and,  at least I thought,  turned into a pretty good contributor.  Just goes to show that a reputation can be a bitch of a thing to shake off, and that's quite a shame.  Yeah,  he shoulda had a thicker skin,  but people also should have gotten over his first few weeks.

robwebster

Quote from: XJDenton on July 19, 2011, 07:49:32 AM
Forgive me, but what does his company do?
I think it does wiggly movements with its fingers and goes "whooooo!"

Quote from: El Barto on July 19, 2011, 07:50:03 AM
Noticed he wasn't posting, but didn't know he had left.  Assumed it was just normal summer, teenager stuff.  That's unfortunate.  I certainly remember when he first showed up and the animosity he received was well deserved.  Christ, he was obnoxious.  But he turned things around pretty quickly and,  at least I thought,  turned into a pretty good contributor.  Just goes to show that a reputation can be a bitch of a thing to shake off, and that's quite a shame.  Yeah,  he shoulda had a thicker skin,  but people also should have gotten over his first few weeks.
I think this, too, is incredibly fair. There's an element of six of one and half a dozen of the other. I think it's everyone's fault. Yes, he was a bit of a muppet, but he wasn't malicious at all, and he shaped up pretty quickly. Monumentally quickly, in fact. Not perfectly, but improved a lot.

I hope we've all learnt an important lesson here. Specifically, that first impressions...

...can be deceiving.

:hat