The Creepy Shit we see at night depreciation thread!

Started by Tripp, August 06, 2011, 01:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripp

We all have that shit we see at night that we see, and think "I'm going to fucking die in my sleep"

Here in my room, I have two things (thirty-seven, really) but I will share two with you today:

The creepy bobble head by my computer, which gives me his death stare in my sleep:

And also, Count Cocoa-Fang:

lateralus88

The those shadows you see around corners at 3am. Fuck them hard.

MasterShakezula

The moon.  Like, when you look out the window at 3 am, and it's all setting and bright yellow.

Sketchy.

black_biff_stadler

Nice timing. I just saw what looked like flash photography from beyond my miniblind-covered window and seeing as how a retired couple lives next door I doubt it was them. If I die I want all of my belongings sold with the proceeds going to buy Jeno's frozen pizzas for the impoverished but only after the first $2000 goes to my folks.

Edan the Man

One time I woke up in the middle of the night, and experienced a brief moment of sleep paralysis. While I was laying there I looked down towards my feet and hallucinated what looked like a big, solid black spider. It had no body though, was just legs that seemed to impossibly meet in a single point. It very slowly and silently drifted through the air, downwards past the edge of my bed and out of my field of vision.

So yeah, that. :|

Zook

One time there was an old guy looking through our window. Josh went to close the blinds and there he was. I know I would have shit a brick.

Logical Nightmare

In my dreams I often see what I would see if I opened my eyes, for example the wall I'm lying face against or the cover. The exception is there are spiders. I get scared like fuck and wake up, and since the dream and reality looks the same, I can never tell whether there actually was a spider or not. Maybe it just hid somewhere quick as fuck. Last time this happened I spent the entire night whimpering under my cover because I had seen a huge spider on the cover and didn't dare to come out.

Also, I'm normally not afraid of the dark, but if I'm home alone and I accidentally think of something scary and then hear a sound from another dark room, this is what I imagine is in there:

robwebster

Zook

A few years ago I was on Snopes.com looking up ghosts stories and all the lights were off except the computer so as soon as I looked down the hall into blackness I spooked myself and had to go turn the living room light on. The journey to the lamp and the thought of someone standing in the dark was terrifyingly creepy.

Nighthawkwill7

The wood patterns on my bedroom door. In them I see a snarling wolf, the silhouette of a ghostly woman and many more undeciferable yet creepy that seem to move if you look at them for too long.

VioletS16

Haha, well I keep my room all closed off (sometimes locked xD) and barely sleep a wink at night. Most of the time my eyes are wide open, other times I force myself to squeeze them shut..
The scariest things that occur are the noises!
Since I keep all my snakes in my room, I constantly hear "thump...bump...bump...plop..." and it gets on my nerves, but I get used to it after a while.

I'm afraid of someone hiding behind my big curtain...I don't have a closet door (it got wrecked haha) but I have a shower curtain and I'm afraid of seeing feet sticking out from under it!

Sometimes, my dogs randomly decide to bark and growl like an army of cats with guns are invading. That scares you!
Although once I could have sworn I saw my door open, even when I shut and locked it.  :omg:
Needless to say I just about peed myself haha. But then I realized I was looking at it from an angle and it wasn't open.  :facepalm:

kári

Chino

I don't have that problem because I have this as a night light.

Jamesman42

Sounds like yall need your moms to tuck you in and have daddy come read you a bedtime story   :biggrin:
\o\ lol /o/

setrataeso

I have nyctophobia, so basically everything freaks me out. I don't walk around in the darkness alone. If it's after 11:00 PM, I'm in my room with at least one light source on.

Volk9

VioletS16

Quote from: setrataeso on August 06, 2011, 07:47:03 AM
I have nyctophobia, so basically everything freaks me out. I don't walk around in the darkness alone. If it's after 11:00 PM, I'm in my room with at least one light source on.
I have slept with a parent almost my whole life...I'm trying so hard to make it alone. I'm not scared that much, but it's like I just need another person in the room to sleep comfortably.

MetalJunkie

Volk9

VioletS16

Quote from: Volk9 on August 06, 2011, 08:21:51 AM

That first one makes me thankful that my room is like 3 feet from the bathroom.
The second one makes me thankful that I don't have a driver's license.

LeeHarveyKennedy

When all the lights are out, I see someone who loves me.

lateralus88

Quote from: Chino on August 06, 2011, 07:35:29 AM
I don't have that problem because I have this as a night light.

I'd constantly be afraid that my dreams would be extremely cliche and annoyingly 3D.

juice

I have the ability to creep myself out if I start thinking about creepy things in the dark but I don't like to be creeped out so I don't think of creepy things in the dark.

Logical Nightmare

Quote from: kári on August 06, 2011, 07:03:45 AM
Quote from: Logical Nightmare on August 06, 2011, 04:37:07 AM

One of my favourite movies. So good. I love it.
Me too, it's one of the most beautiful and sad movies ever made. It's perfect in every way. Also, that guy is the only monster that genuinely scares me. Movie monsters usually make me uneasy, not more than that, but that guy makes me absolutely terrified.

Tripp

Excuse me for sounding like a DURR, but what movie is that? It looks pretty awesome, just from that single picture.

Edan the Man

Quote from: Tripp on August 06, 2011, 04:23:05 PM
Excuse me for sounding like a DURR, but what movie is that? It looks pretty awesome, just from that single picture.
Pan's Labyrinth, and everything Logical Nightmare said is correct.

lateralus88

Quote from: Edan the Man on August 06, 2011, 04:28:40 PM
Pan's Labyrinth is outstanding in every single way.

Gorille85

Quote from: lateralus88 on August 06, 2011, 04:40:55 PM
Quote from: Edan the Man on August 06, 2011, 04:28:40 PM
Pan's Labyrinth is outstanding in every single way.

Zook

Pan's Labyrinth was alright. Very weird. Plus, I'm not big on subtitles. I didn't NOT enjoy it though.

Anyway:

Volk9

Scariest thing to do:

Walk into a dark room, and just start thinking "theres something here/behind me" over and over...

Jamesman42

I'll admit that I hate going into my bathroom and seeing an inch long cockroach on the wall. Not scary, but disgusting, especially when you turn on the lights from it being dark. Happens very rarely though
\o\ lol /o/

Implode

Quote from: Tripp on August 06, 2011, 01:22:05 AM
And also, Count Cocoa-Fang:

:implode:

As a kid, when I staying at my grandma's house, I thought there was a guy with a gun in my room.

Zook

In addition to Volk's post, when lying in bed with the lights off completely pitch black and the bathroom or closet door open, imagine a huge creature running out of either room at you.

Volk9

Quote from: Zook on August 06, 2011, 10:15:23 PM
In addition to Volk's post, when lying in bed with the lights off completely pitch black and the bathroom or closet door open, imagine a huge creature running out of either room at you.

I hate these thoughts, haha. I have a sword at my bed, and also a knife by net to my pillow. I always wonder if I could get either out fast enough