Steve Jobs Resigns?

Started by Scrub206, August 24, 2011, 04:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chknptpie

:tdwn at the mob mentality going on in here.

I expected apple stocks to take a bigger hit than they did. Only down $6/share right now, and coming back up.

Chino

Quote from: chknptpie on August 25, 2011, 07:58:16 AM
:tdwn at the mob mentality going on in here.

I expected apple stocks to take a bigger hit than they did. Only down $6/share right now, and coming back up.

This really surprised me. I didn't expect them to stay down very long, but I did expect to see at least a $25+ drop.

atalkingfish

That's because most of the people who buy apple stocks look at more than the title and possibly quick description of what was really a situation that was more complicated than you guys think it is. As in... it's not "durrr, STEVE JOBS QUIT!" it's more like "Steve Jobs is passing the torch to someone he finds very good at what he does, someone who Jobs thinks will be very beneficial for the company." and to make things more complicated (for your guys' brains), Steve Jobs is still chairman.

Now.... why would people who OWN these stocks not look into these things and see that Steve Jobs even told the investors not to freak out with legitimate reasons?

They.. are not like you guys, which is why the stock hasn't taken a big hit.

Dimitrius

Chino

Quote from: atalkingfish on August 25, 2011, 08:36:31 AM

Rude

atalkingfish

Quote from: Chino on August 25, 2011, 08:43:58 AM

Rude

If you take it that way. I'm saying they have reasons to look into the situation a little more in depth. You guys don't, which is why you guys are surprised. While it may look like you are ignorant by only taking it as the title says, it could just as easily be said that you guys don't have reasons to look into it that in-depth. But it does explain why the stocks aren't taking as big of a hit as you guys expected.

chknptpie

With how finical the market has been in the past 3 weeks, I definitely expect drastic ups and downs when the CEO of one of the worlds largest companies steps down. +400 one day, -600 next day, +500 next day. It is anything but stable.

bss4life15

kári

obscure

Perpetual Change

Well, you guys are pretty much being huge dicks  :P

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm taking tjan's side in an Apple-related thread for once.  ;D

Sigz

That's because most of the people who buy apple stocks look at more than the title and possibly quick description of what was really a situation that was more complicated than you guys think it is. As in... it's not "durrr, STEVE JOBS QUIT!" it's more like "Steve Jobs is passing the torch to someone he finds very good at what he does, someone who Jobs thinks will be very beneficial for the company." and to make things more complicated (for your guys' brains), Steve Jobs is still chairman.

Now.... why would people who OWN these stocks not look into these things and see that Steve Jobs even told the investors not to freak out with legitimate reasons?

That's fine logic, but also completely ignores the fact that stocks drop all the time for totally illogical reasons; hence why it's surprising it didn't drop.

orcus116

Yep. Look how much the DOW dipped out of mere fear that the other international markets would fail. It was even publicized as much. It's a self perpetuating pile of shit that a lucky few know how to manipulate.

MetalManiac666

Quote from: Perpetual Change on August 25, 2011, 06:53:35 PM
Well, you guys are pretty much being huge dicks  :P

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm taking tjan's side in an Apple-related thread for once.  ;D

This.

By the looks of things, Apple will continue to prosper for at least the near future.  Despite not being a huge fan of its products, I am perfectly fine with this.