Awesome videos

Started by El Barto, August 30, 2011, 07:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorpion

Kotowboy

I know - we were in fits watching it back.

The timing is everything.  :biggrin:

Ħ

One of my favorite videos that has never lost its awesomeness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6omsDyFNlk

:drool:

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

black_biff_stadler

That was pretty awesome. Very creative usage of his kit.

kári

MoraWintersoul

If I were this good at playing Snake, I'd never leave the house again.

jsem

Dr. DTVT

I'm sure it's nothing grandiose, but I'd like to see a translation of that message.

black_biff_stadler

I think it's a slap in the face that that person played so well and the game teased them by not even using real letters to make the message.

El Barto

It really saddens me that I'll never be able to do this. Even if it hadn't been closed off a few years back, there's a skill set required to get there that I lack.

This is the second power plant built at Niagara; mothballed back in 70's. It's about half a click upstream of the Horseshoe Falls. Water enters through a large tunnel, drops 10 stories nearly vertical down penstock tunnels into the generator room, and then heads out through the tailrace back to the river. In this case, the tailrace ejects behind the curtain of the Horsehoe Falls. Getting to these tunnels is the Holy Grail of urban exploration. Aside from it's awesomeness, it was incredibly challenging to get down to it, and very few people managed it. Here's video of a vantage point of Niagara Falls that only a handful of people have ever seen.

https://vimeo.com/15063037

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Thx for the post! I love watching Urban exploration videos so i will be watch this as soon as i'm free.  :tup

jingle.boy

I want that 15 minutes of my life back!
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

kári

I don't know, I mean, it's not that he would have lost his finger if "sawstop" didn't work. He's moving toward it so carefully that he would notice it if it wouldn't have worked, because moving as slowly towards the blade as he does he wouldn't have lost a finger anyway.

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Yea but that is for real and no sane person would ramm their finger into a running saw blade to test a safety function even if they trust it 100%. I would much rather have a severe scar than to lose a finger.

MetalJunkie

Quote from: kári on May 11, 2013, 02:28:48 PM
I don't know, I mean, it's not that he would have lost his finger if "sawstop" didn't work. He's moving toward it so carefully that he would notice it if it wouldn't have worked, because moving as slowly towards the blade as he does he wouldn't have lost a finger anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCdfOWUfgUw
How 'bout that, Mister doubting Mustafa? Sure it got nicked a bit, but the whole thing wasn't severed.

kári

Well, the speed towards the saw is much higher... In the first video if he even felt the slightest touch of the blade and it didn't go down he would never go further.

I'm not doubting Sawstop, it seems like a great system but I'm just saying that I wasn't all that impressed by him showing it off with his finger the way he did. If he went towards it with considerable momentum like the sausage in the second video then I might be impressed, because if Sawstop didn't work in that case he would lose his finger.

MetalJunkie

Quote from: kári on May 12, 2013, 07:47:32 AM
Well, the speed towards the saw is much higher... In the first video if he even felt the slightest touch of the blade and it didn't go down he would never go further.

I'm not doubting Sawstop, it seems like a great system but I'm just saying that I wasn't all that impressed by him showing it off with his finger the way he did. If he went towards it with considerable momentum like the sausage in the second video then I might be impressed, because if Sawstop didn't work in that case he would lose his finger.
According to the sausage video, he would still get cut, though he just wouldn't lose a finger. Why willingly cut himself?

kári

I know, I know... :D All I'm trying to say is that I wasn't impressed... Let's just leave it at that :)

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

I don't get what's not to be impressed about? It's the invention that's impress me, the point that he's not forcing his finger into a sawblade dosen't matter because again no sane person would ramm their finger into a running saw blade even if it's 100% safe. The invention is there to lower the risk for cutting of your fingers but that dosen't mean you should stop treat it like a dangerous tool.

Ħ

Samurai cuts through various objects, like halving a pea pod perfectly, and slicing through an airsoft gun bullet as it flies toward him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj1Jytiw8e0

black_biff_stadler

Watched it all. Very fast 10 minutes indeed. God bless them kooky Japs.

TioJorge

dude

whoa

P.S. Awesome translation.

jingle.boy

Who pulled the plug on this lake?

Just need to watch the last couple of minutes.  That lake is like nomnomnomnomnom
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

The families of the victims of flight UTA Flight 772 that exploded over sahara desert in 1989 have bulidt a memorial to commemorate the 170 people that died during the terrorist attack.

Pretty awesome i must say:

https://imgur.com/a/2BpKA

black_biff_stadler

Wow. Kinda made my eyes well up a little bit. Partly from the sadness of it all, partly from my immense respect for the surviving loved ones' ability to even look at anything remotely airplane-shaped (let alone building something of that scale) despite having such obviously tragic mental associations with it, and partly from how admirable it is for them to orchestrate something of that magnitude nearly 20 years after it occurred.

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Awesome and insane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20CLumT2Sg

At first i thought it said Time and Attitude!  :lol

El Barto

Quote from: MrBoom_shack-a-lack on July 02, 2013, 02:17:39 PM
Awesome and insane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y20CLumT2Sg

At first i thought it said Time and Attitude!  :lol
When it comes to road racing videos, nothing beats the original. This is a low res version of it, but it's worth DL'ing the full, remastered version. Damn fine way to spend 9 minutes.

C'etait un Rendez Vous

sueño

Must keep up with this thread.

kári

Quote from: El Barto on July 19, 2013, 06:23:57 PM
C'etait un Rendez Vous
That is insane. I held my breath every time he drove through a red light at 90 km/h or so. Apparently the guy's a film director. Crazy, man.

El Barto

Quote from: kári on July 20, 2013, 12:27:23 AM
C'etait un Rendez Vous
That is insane. I held my breath every time he drove through a red light at 90 km/h or so. Apparently the guy's a film director. Crazy, man.
If you haven't already, find a torrent for the high quality version of that. Full screen makes all the difference. And yeah, he was a film director and that was just his idea of art. Legend has it that the Paris Police arrested him after the film was shown, for obvious reasons.

kári

I like it a lot, it's very good (because it is real).

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

C'etait un Rendez Vous
:corn

GoPro with Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet
Flying low with a Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet

Man I remember as kid watching Top Gun and dreaming of becoming a fighter pilot. If I were to rank the most mind blowing profession you could have, fighter pilot is up there because the journey to actually become a real fighter pilot is such an abstract thing to comprehend. I guess in a way i'm more fascinated by the person flying and what it takes to actually succeed with a profession like that.

lonestar