R.I.P to the KHL's Locomotiv ice hockey team..

Started by fleaman, September 10, 2011, 05:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleaman

Its very sad news..R.I.P. to the KHL's ice hockey team..

Lynxo

Stefan Liv was a swedish goal keeper from that team. He played many times in the national team and was a well-liked goal keeper.

I even got to meet him once, when his team HV-71 played against Djurgården. He was humble and very funny.

RIP.

millahh

Yeah, that is all kinds of terrible.

McCrimmon was one of my favorite players when I was a kid.

Zydar

A terrible tragedy :(

As Lynxo said, Stefan Liv was a very likeable guy and he was one of our best goalies probably ever. They will all be missed.

fleaman

Stafan Liv was my favourite European league goalie..R.I.P.

GuineaPig

I have fond memories of Karel Rachunek from his time with the Senators.  I was pissed when he was traded.

chknptpie

I'm going to the Avalanche home opener for Forsberg retirement ceremony and the Avs are going to do a memorial ceremony for Locomotiv as well. Salei and Skratsins were both awesome guys for the Avs. Truely sad and horrifying summer for the NHL.

Icebear

Yeah, Stefan Liv was great. No matter what happened, he was always funny and quite a character. I saw the ceremony that the club held (the one in Russia, not the one in Liv's swedish old club) the other day, and that was quite moving. I couldn't imgaine the whole roster of the team that I support being gone forever just like that.

LieLowTheWantedMan

GuineaPig

The last member of the team, Alexander Galimov, has died in hospital due to his injuries.

jsem

I couldn't believe it when I read this in the papers the following morning. Reminded me of the tragedies the life brings about :(

Grande Torino and Man U have been two similar events in the past, this should never have to happen.

chknptpie

Very sad to hear of his passing, still one victim remains alive though. Hoping he makes it.

Zeltar

Oh no, Galimov died? Damn...RIP. Worst tragedy in the history of hockey. I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around it.