Started by Scrub206, April 29, 2009, 06:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrub206

I suppose ill start!

i need alll new heads for it and now my AAX crash is cracked. :(

POST AWAY!!

PlaysLikeMyung

^My main axe

^The only other one I could find online. When I head home this weekend I'll post the other three

Summers

Fuzzboy

Agile PS-924, Main 6-string

Scalloped Fender Stratocaster

Agile Interceptor 7-String

Nick

Quote from: PlaysLikeMyung on April 29, 2009, 08:44:30 PM

^My main axe

^The only other one I could find online. When I head home this weekend I'll post the other three

For the record, bassists don't get to call their instruments "axes", that's for guitarists only. :p

ZeppelinDT

icarus4321

Mine is a slightly newer model, but you get the idea.

DarkLord_Lalinc

This is me playing my Alesis Fusion 8HD in space.

Gwii

chrisbDTM

MetalMike06

antigoon

RobD

I also have an Ibanez RG7321 as my #1 guitar. It looked boring being just black and nothing else, so I covered it in eletrical tape one night and painted the switch the same colour. Guitar hasn't changed a bit though, with the exception of heavier strings. About 4 years ago when I had short hair.

And also, my first guitar - an Epiphone SG 310. Replaced the bridge pickup with a Duncan SH4. Currently tuned to Cmaj Open with .13 strings, but it was in C standard not long ago. The 3rd string is wound. :lol

On top of that I have my Roland GR-20 guitar synth, with the pickup bolted onto my Ibanez. That also currently has an M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 plugged in due to lack of a decent sound module. Found another old picture of me with it and a Roland V-Synth :D

And last (and very much least. No offence meant, I just don't like playing bass as much :P ) I have my cheap £80 bass from E-bay. Oddly it sounds fucking fantastic and is currently residing in the studio I work at since I've left the band I used it in. I bought it after saying I'd play bass for the Maiden tribute when I did lights for their old bassists last show. I hadn't actually played bass before and I didn't have a bass. :facepalm: :lol

ResultsMayVary

See my second post (on page 3) for my bass.

Zeltar

My prized Ibanez 7 string. I've been using it alot less in the past year because of my band's shift towards a more punk/ska sort of sound.

Fender Precision Bass. I don't play it much since I'm not a good bassist but I'll bring it out every once in a while.

Jasmine acoustic guitar, my very first one. Got it WAY back when I was 4 years old and I still play it every day.

My most prized guitar, the Les Paul. I use this one the most.

I'm too lazy to dig up pics of me playing my instruments but I'll post pics later.

LudwigVan

bob

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Nick on April 30, 2009, 07:07:32 AM
Quote from: PlaysLikeMyung on April 29, 2009, 08:44:30 PM

^My main axe

For the record, bassists don't get to call their instruments "axes", that's for guitarists only. :p

Dude, the original.  :biggrin:

tri.ad

These are my two basses.

Btw: I would never call my instruments "axes" (if they were guitars, I wouldn't do it either). It's just a stupid nickname mostly used by some wannabe metal boys.

PlaysLikeMyung

Quote from: bob on May 03, 2009, 02:52:35 AM

A custom version of this thing

lolololol

Swallow...

And I called it an "axe" in jest. Good lord. :lol

PlaysLikeMyung

OK here are the others:

My Carvin:

My Peavey:

The Carvin pic is a little small, and I don't know how to resize it, but it's a five string, fretless in a harlequin finish.

Nihil-Morari

Except I don't have the Revision C, instead of the EX.

Scard

antigoon

DAMN some of you guys have some nice basses.

Props for the harlequin glitter-fuck, the stingrays (i think) and the bongo!

Scard

Quote from: antigoon on May 03, 2009, 11:59:49 AM
DAMN some of you guys have some nice basses.

Props for the harlequin glitter-fuck, the stingrays (i think) and the bongo!

Thanks!

antigoon

just curious, where did you snag that bass? That finish was really limited if i remember correctly

Scard

Quote from: antigoon on May 03, 2009, 03:21:03 PM
just curious, where did you snag that bass? That finish was really limited if i remember correctly

www.lamusic.ca

Canadian online music store. Got it last June 12 or so.  $2300

aurorablind

My first guitar: Epiphone G310 (i swear, that is the only picture i've got  :P )

My main guitar and amp: Peavey Wolfgang QT and ENGL screamer 50

My keyboard: Korg TR 76 (The stage-piano and the Roland VK was borrowed for a gig..)

ZBomber

Nothing special.

I really want a Ricky... far out of my price range, though.

nakedman

PlaysLikeMyung

Here's something I really want:

I think this is the model that Geddy used in the 80's

tri.ad

It is, Geddy dropped it very soon because it didn't have a good bottom-end-rich sound like the Jazz Bass does. My favourite Geddy sound came from his Wal basses, though. Very fitting for the albums on which he played them.

PlaysLikeMyung

Quote from: tri.ad on May 09, 2009, 03:14:20 AM
It is, Geddy dropped it very soon because it didn't have a good bottom-end-rich sound like the Jazz Bass does. My favourite Geddy sound came from his Wal basses, though. Very fitting for the albums on which he played them.

The Wal is sweet. They aren't being made anymore, are they?

tri.ad

Currently not, no. But last time I checked, it looked like the hiatus might be over soon (although I'm sure that I won't buy a Wal since they are far too expensive for me).

jeebustrain

since I don't gig anymore, I put everything up:

and the reason I don't gig anymore, standing on what I used to gig with: