News:

Track-by-track video for Fall Into the Light:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ezfzdMpRc0

Main Menu

Titanium Necklaces

Started by snapple, October 21, 2011, 03:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapple

Anyone buy into these?

I bought one because I liked the look and it was on sale. The cashier at the store was especially obnoxious about "oh, you'll feel great in days! I've heard it's best to wear 2 or 3 at a time!"

I don't particularly buy into the health benefits, but does anyone here swear by them?

And yes, I probably bought them because shit loads of MLB players wear them.

https://scienceline.org/2008/10/ask-fox-phiten-necklace/

ReaperKK

Is that what those things are? I thought they were wearing them for a cause or something like that, I'm going to read about this now . . .

Dr. DTVT

I'm one of those doubters just because the claims seem over-the-top in commercials and I'm not big on Eastern/spirital stuff, but then I've never known someone who used them so I haven't heard anything from a source I trust.  I'd be interested in your assessment after wearing them for a few days, as I trust someone I barely know on an internet message board much more than I trust and advertizement (not sarcasm).

Too bad I can't stand the feel of anything on me other than my clothes.  I don't wear rings, watches, bracelets, neck chains, or the like because I don't like the feel of things on me; although at this point in my life it's probably a work-related safety issue I've subconsciously adopted.

black_biff_stadler

I couldn't afford one of those so I just started wearing a steel-link chain and I've had blood in my piss for three days but I'm pretty sure that's just an adjustment period that'll end soon.

rumborak

When people use terms like "electricity", you know they have no idea what they're talking about. I think the necklaces are more aptly named placebo necklace.

rumborak

MasterShakezula

Quote from: rumborak on October 23, 2011, 01:59:50 AM
When people use terms like "electricity", you know they have no idea what they're talking about. I think the necklaces are more aptly named placebo necklace.

rumborak

This.

Odds are, if something sounds too good to be true, it's either a legitimate medical breakthrough, or a sham, these necklaces being the latter. 

tjanuranus

djentlemen

it now more of a factor of fashion , rather than health benefits.

baffles me to see tons of teen males wearing these

El JoNNo

Yeah anyone who thinks these have any health benefits are either gullible or a complete moron. Oh how I wish I ran into someone selling stuff like this in the mall or something. I would grind into them with questions about how they know it works and make a scene. I fucking hate people who prey on the gullible, fucking hate them.

MasterShakezula

I also dislike people who prey on the gullible.

However, if a person's gullible to the point that they believe that these titanium necklaces have significant medical benefits, I'm not exactly heartbroken to hear about their departure from their money.   :lol

ReaperKK

Quote from: djentlemen on October 23, 2011, 03:21:38 AM
it now more of a factor of fashion , rather than health benefits.

baffles me to see tons of teen males wearing these

I don't see anyone wearing these with the exception of two brothers that were ahead of me in line at a McDonalds.

rumborak

What are those things supposed to be? Mormon magic underwear?

rumborak

ReaperKK

That's what I was thinking.

El JoNNo

Quote from: rumborak on October 23, 2011, 06:44:28 AM

rumborak

Yes.

Sigz

QuoteAccording to the company, the necklaces and bracelets work by stabilizing the electric flow that nerves use to communicate actions to the body. "All of the messages in your body travel through electricity, so if you're tired or just pitched nine innings, the electricity isn't flowing as smoothly as it can," said Joe Furuhata, a Phiten spokesman. "Our products smooth out those signals."

Yeah, it's bullshit.

snapple

I've worn it for a few days now and I feel nothing different. What I expected. Still love the look!

tjanuranus

Quote from: rumborak on October 23, 2011, 06:44:28 AM

rumborak

yep the equivalent to magic necklaces, only for mormons.