@ Anyone with a Smartphone running android. Have you had this problem?

Started by Chino, November 30, 2011, 08:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chino

Starting about 2 months ago, my Droid X's screen started bugging out. I'd unlock the phone and random icons would be getting pressed, and when I tried typing in any window, random keys would be being pressed without my fingers being anywhere near the screen. The problem still persists and is annoying as hell, I have to constantly lock and unlock my screen until it stops. My sister's Droid Incredible 2 has the same issue, as well as my buddy's Samsung phone. Anyone else deal with this or have a solution?

AcidLameLTE

Dimitrius

I've never had that issue, maybe it's a Motorola problem.

But.... couldn't this be in the Android thread?

Chino

Quote from: Dimitrius on November 30, 2011, 08:13:13 AM
I've never had that issue, maybe it's a Motorola problem.

But.... couldn't this be in the Android thread?

I could have, but I would like an answer to this specific issue. I tried other forums and came up empty because of a million search results all related to different issues. I figured only a small percentage of DTF android users view that thread, I thought this might help my chances.

Dimitrius

Ok, but I just realized what I posted isn't helpful since the Droid Incredible 2 is by HTC. :lol

MetalJunkie

Mine does that when the charger's plugged into the wall, but not when it's charging from a USB port. But no, not during regular usage.

AcidLameLTE

Quote from: Dimitrius on November 30, 2011, 08:18:46 AM
Ok, but I just realized what I posted isn't helpful since the Droid Incredible 2 is by HTC. :lol
I also have a modern Motorola phone so it's definitely not that :lol

Dimitrius

I'm just bias because I use to own the horrible phone known as the Moto Cliq.

FUCK MOTOBLUR!!!

AcidLameLTE

Indeed.

I just downloaded GO Launcher to get rid of Motorola's lolworthy launcher.

Scrub206

I got an HTC incredible and ive had that issue a few times.. its not very often.. i just turn the screen off wait like 10 seconds and back on and its fixed.

Cool Chris

I've had a problem recently with my Samsung Captivate. It just loses all call, text, and web access. It only happens wehn I am on the road, and the only fix is to turn off and on again.  :sad:

JayOctavarium

Quote from: Dimitrius on November 30, 2011, 09:08:47 AM
I'm just bias because I use to own the horrible phone known as the Moto Cliq.

FUCK MOTOBLUR!!!

worse phone ever

Nigerius Rex

Have you tried a different launcher (Launcher pro/ADW) to see if its somehow related to the stock one?

Chino

Quote from: Nigerius Rex on November 30, 2011, 11:53:13 AM
Have you tried a different launcher (Launcher pro/ADW) to see if its somehow related to the stock one?

Can you explain what a launcher is?

Nigerius Rex

All it is, is the program that manages the user interface. If you're not rooted and running stock, its whatever motorola uses as their default launcher (HTC's is called sense). If you are rooted and have cyanogen, you might have ADW or launcher pro.

Go to the market, install the free version of "launcher pro" and then the next time you use any of your phones hard buttons, it will ask you which launcher to perform the action with. Choose launcher pro, and then see if your problem fixes itself.

rumborak

Sounds like a hardware problem to me, that your touch screen is crapping out. Software usually doesn't just generate random events like that.

rumborak

FlyingBIZKIT

AcidLameLTE

Quote from: rumborak on November 30, 2011, 02:06:39 PM
Sounds like a hardware problem to me, that your touch screen is crapping out. Software usually doesn't just generate random events like that.

rumborak

Agreed.

Also, I don't think you need to root your phone to put a different launcher on...I didn't anyway.

Cable

Quote from: Chino on November 30, 2011, 08:00:48 AM
Starting about 2 months ago, my Droid X's screen started bugging out. I'd unlock the phone and random icons would be getting pressed, and when I tried typing in any window, random keys would be being pressed without my fingers being anywhere near the screen. The problem still persists and is annoying as hell, I have to constantly lock and unlock my screen until it stops. My sister's Droid Incredible 2 has the same issue, as well as my buddy's Samsung phone. Anyone else deal with this or have a solution?

I pretty much had your exact problem Chino. A brand new release day HTC EVO 3d...the phone was completely unusable, and there was nothing to fix it but a brand new one.

LCArenas

No, not really. May be the launcher (Or the fact that Motorola, in my humble opinion, sucks hard). Try LauncherPro, it's a fluid and easy-to-use launcher.

TheMadgician

Used to work tech support for Tomtom. We had a few calls about things like this happening after a certain run. Turned out that run had some weird screen defect.

So I'd guess either a screen defect or some kind of damage to the touch screen.

Kotowboy

QuoteA Smartphone running android. Have you had this problem? 

Yes I have that problem :neverusethis:

ZBomber

Yeah, I had this problem. It happened right at the end of my phone's plan thing though, so I upgraded to the new droid. I read it has to do with charging but who knows...