News:

Welcome back, Mike Portnoy!

Main Menu

Official TV Thread v. It Finally Happened

Started by GuineaPig, December 21, 2011, 07:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hefdaddy42

I didn't read any reviews.  I loved it, but I'm a Sorkin mark.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

WindMaster

I love Stargate Atlantis and everything else Stargate. I've been watching them almost constantly on Netflix. Such a good sci-fi show

FlyingBIZKIT

Watching Season 4 of Breaking Bad again before the 5th starts.

The end of S4E11 "Crawlspace", HOLY SHIT.

I've never had a scene give me chills like that in my life. In any movie or show, ever.

BlobVanDam

Quote from: WindMaster on June 25, 2012, 08:41:08 AM
I love Stargate Atlantis and everything else Stargate. I've been watching them almost constantly on Netflix. Such a good sci-fi show

I've got all the DVD sets for Atlantis and SG-1. Two of my favourite shows. :tup
I've done the complete watch through from start to finish of both shows at least a few times.

Jaffa

I've got the complete SG1 set, but I never really cared as much for Atlantis.  Not sure why.

Adami

I was REALLY disappointed when SGU was cancelled. That show had amazing potential and was a seriously great show. I know it wasn't all action packed, or funny or..........well.............anything like the other Stargate shows, but I loved it. I know they left the ending open for a 5 years later return, so let's hope that happens.
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Adami on June 25, 2012, 11:42:00 AM
I was REALLY disappointed when SGU was cancelled. That show had amazing potential and was a seriously great show. I know it wasn't all action packed, or funny or..........well.............anything like the other Stargate shows, but I loved it. I know they left the ending open for a 5 years later return, so let's hope that happens.

It's definitely dead (it was 3 years, actually). They even tried bargaining for a final combined SGU/SGA/SG-1 movie to wrap it up (which I don't think could have worked well), but nothing.
I saw something on the SG FB page a few months ago about them having a future announcement about SG-1 continuing in some form, although it's probably just a comic or video game or something, from what I gathered from context.

I thought SGU was sort of average to start off, but it had such huge potential from the start. The second half of S2 was some of the best Stargate ever, but unfortunately it was too late to save it. :(

Dimitrius

Amazing season finale for the third season of Sons of Anarchy! A season I felt was definitely weighted down with how drawn out the Abel storyline was!

jingle.boy

So I watched American Ninja Warrior last night.  It's Wipe Out meets American Gladiator.

What a train wreck, and I feel shame that this captured my interest.   :laugh:
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

GuineaPig

Quote from: FlyingBIZKIT on June 25, 2012, 08:53:03 AM
Watching Season 4 of Breaking Bad again before the 5th starts.

The end of S4E11 "Crawlspace", HOLY SHIT.

I've never had a scene give me chills like that in my life. In any movie or show, ever.

Fuck yeah.

Dimitrius

Finished the first season of Breaking Bad... what an extremely well written and acted show!

axeman90210

Quote from: Dimitrius on June 28, 2012, 11:36:38 PM
Finished the first season of Breaking Bad... what an extremely well written and acted show!

Tip of the heisen iceberg dude, tip of the iceberg. I'm halfway through a re-watch of season 4 in anticipation of the season 5 premiere on July 15th, and it's just So. Damn. Good. :hat

Quote from: Dimitrius on June 25, 2012, 05:12:55 PM
Amazing season finale for the third season of Sons of Anarchy! A season I felt was definitely weighted down with how drawn out the Abel storyline was!

Yeah, that third season did drag a bit, but the finale was stellar.

senecadawg2

I just watched one of the best hours of television ever. The Sopranos is awesome, about to finish season 3.

Dimitrius

Goddamnit!! DAT Breaking Bad season 3 finale!

Fiery Winds

Just finished Mad Men Season 1.  Very good show.  Loved the ending with Don imagining what his return home would be, only to find himself all alone. 

Shocking reveal with Peggy.  Not so much that she was pregger's, since I had assumed as much given her recent weight gain (between episodes 10 and 11 she must have gained 50 pounds!), but that she was at full term already.  I've seen reality medical shows where that's possible, but it still seemed a bit contrived.  My guess is she gives up the baby for adoption now that she's moving up in the company.  We'll see!

GuineaPig

Not as much "shocking" as moronic and retarded.  Luckily they never trot out another plot development as stupid as that one.

Fiery Winds

Yeah, that's the type of shock I meant.  It's one of those things where it's completely possible for such a thing to happen in real life, but it just doesn't work in a show.  It's like they tried too hard to catch the audience off guard by falling back on a medical irregularity.  Audiences like to guess at possibilities, and when they throw a curveball like that, they can't help but feel tricked.  Glad to hear I'm already through the worst plot line though.

Super Dude

I proudly endorse Mad Men as one of the greatest TV dramas I've ever watched, such that Game of Thrones can only tie with it in my book.

The King in Crimson

Quote from: GuineaPig on July 05, 2012, 11:00:02 AM
Not as much "shocking" as moronic and retarded.  Luckily they never trot out another plot development as stupid as that one.
It, surprisingly, happens a lot in real-life.  Sometimes to teens, who don't understand what some of the signs mean and don't show as much during their first and to older women who either ignore signs or just have weird shit happen to them.

There was an episode of This American Life where some biologist undergrad talks about how she found out she was pregnant two weeks before she was due.

So, it's really not that dumb of a plot point.

GuineaPig

You have to be really fat or mentally handicapped in some fashion in order to not realize you're pregnant.

axeman90210

Just finished my S4 Breaking Bad re-watch. Still fucking awesome :metal

The King in Crimson

Quote from: GuineaPig on July 06, 2012, 09:21:27 PM
You have to be really fat or mentally handicapped in some fashion in order to not realize you're pregnant.
That's dismissive and generally wrong.

Zantera

Yesterday I finished season 1 of Fringe, great stuff.

On the side I've also continued watching X-Files. I watched through the first season about a year ago, but my computer (where I had the seasons) broke, so my watching was put on hold. However, after seeing Fringe I really wanted to continue, because X-Files is just so great, so I've started working my way through S2 now, and really enjoying it. I'm not gonna put Fringe on hold though, I'm gonna watch both, this way I can watch whatever I feel like, if I'm not in the mood for Fringe then it's X-Files, and the other way around. ;)

Sigz

King Postwhore

Quote from: Zantera on July 09, 2012, 12:33:40 PM
Yesterday I finished season 1 of Fringe, great stuff.

On the side I've also continued watching X-Files. I watched through the first season about a year ago, but my computer (where I had the seasons) broke, so my watching was put on hold. However, after seeing Fringe I really wanted to continue, because X-Files is just so great, so I've started working my way through S2 now, and really enjoying it. I'm not gonna put Fringe on hold though, I'm gonna watch both, this way I can watch whatever I feel like, if I'm not in the mood for Fringe then it's X-Files, and the other way around. ;)

As in most show, the second and 3rd seasons are the true arcs of the story.  you will not be dissapointed by either.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

cramx3

I just started to watch the new HBO show the Newsroom and i thought it was pretty good so far. The dialogue is very fast though.

I almost forgot about breaking bad this Sunday, I can't wait.

The King in Crimson

Seasons 2 and 3 of the X-Files are so fucking great.  The Myth Arc was still fresh and mysterious and the stand alones were almost all enjoyable.  Also, the season 1 finale "The Erlenmeyer Flask" was such a good episode.  So much stuff is hinted at that becomes important much later, so many revelations, so many new mysteries and a cliffhanger that's a kick to the crotch.  It was The X-Files at it's absolute best.

EDIT: Finishing up Season 4 of Mad Men.  Betty is such a cunt.  Good god.

Progmetty

I found a show called My Name is Earl on Netflix and it's freakin hilarious :lol
"I wanna do good things so good things will happen to me"
"You're talking about Karma"
"I see you're a Carson Daly fan as well"

Adami

Quote from: Progmetty on July 10, 2012, 10:31:38 AM
I found a show called My Name is Earl on Netflix and it's freakin hilarious :lol
"I wanna do good things so good things will happen to me"
"You're talking about Karma"
"I see you're a Carson Daly fan as well"

You JUST discovered My Name is Earl?

Yea, it's a good show. Kinda umm.....loses focus near the end, but it's still funny.
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

Sigz

GuineaPig

Super Dude

Yeah, I almost forgot about that but I need to get on that too. I just hope it isn't some preachy "all modern technology is bad" series, which that article seems to imply.

ClairvoyantCat

Quote from: cramx3 on July 09, 2012, 02:45:18 PM
I just started to watch the new HBO show the Newsroom and i thought it was pretty good so far. The dialogue is very fast though.

I almost forgot about breaking bad this Sunday, I can't wait.

Saw the first few, wasn't a fan.  Aaron Sorkin's done some nice work but the characters were too flat, messages too thin, etc. 

Quote from: GuineaPig on July 12, 2012, 09:10:42 AM
Black Mirror is getting a second series.  This is phenomenal.

Oh hell yes.