News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Biggest Dream Theater online community since 2007.

Main Menu

DTF Official Newb Welcome Thread v. 2.0 (Introduce yourself here!)

Started by XianL, April 30, 2009, 07:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReaperKK

Nick

El Barto

ResultsMayVary

millahh

Dublagent66

:tup Always glad to see a new fan.  Welcome.  Enjoy the forum and the remaining discography.

Dimitrius

axeman90210

Welcome to the 16/5 party that is DTF (we're closed nights and weekends). Here's a coupon for one Porcupine Tree thread, and remember, if you ever get lost, all roads lead to Kevin Moore

LudwigVan

yeshaberto

LosferWords

Thanks for the warm welcomes all, especially the other Maiden fans  :metal

icysk8r

I fail.  Stay away from people with names consisting of only numbers, and don't mess with bosk.  and don't be afraid to fail, because everyone does.

did I cover everything?

ResultsMayVary

Quote from: icysk8r on September 01, 2009, 11:34:13 AM
I fail.  Stay away from people with names that have numbers in them, and don't mess with bosk.  and don't be afraid to fail, because everyone does.

did I cover everything?
Yea, Fix'd.

lonestar

I fail.  Stay away from people with names consisting of only numbers, and don't mess with bosk.  and don't be afraid to fail, because everyone does.

did I cover everything?
I can hear 7461....whatever whimpering in the background. :biggrin:
Anyhoo, welcome.

tri.ad

LosferWords

Big Orra  :xbones lol

Oh believe me, not afraid to fail, shit happens.  I've already seen bosk is the top dog in the Rules thread.  I've run quite a few sites/forums, including one now, and know what/who to look out for quickly.

Ignore the numbers thing...numbers rock :2metal: and welcome!!!! Just be warned that I fail more than the average poster.

ResultsMayVary

Quote from: 73109 on September 01, 2009, 12:01:22 PM
Ignore the numbers thing...numbers rock :2metal: and welcome!!!! Just be warned that I fail more than the average poster.
You were basically voted as the forum punching bag last week. I think that definitely says something more than "I fail more than the average poster."  :biggrin:

p.s. Don't listen to this guy i quoted. :neverusethis:

icysk8r

Quote from: lonestar on September 01, 2009, 11:36:45 AM

did I cover everything?
I can hear 7461....whatever whimpering in the background. :biggrin:
Anyhoo, welcome.
because there are 46 days in july. :neverusethis:

I saw Dream Theater in the year 1. Fuckin' A!! I curse too much to, so don't be alarmed by a foul mouthed 14 year old.

LosferWords

don't be alarmed?  Talking to me?  Doesn't bother me one bit, have at it young one :)  Tis teh interwebz

Dimitrius

Quote from: Dimitrius on September 01, 2009, 12:11:24 PM
It's the "cool" thing to do when you're 14.

I don't do it because I think it's cool, I do it because it has become part of my common vocabulary. Try going an hour without saying "it."

LosferWords

I've noticed quite a few members have XBL cards as their sig and some have GH and RB in recently played.  Nice  :tup

I know I'm not one to talk about this, but you might want to think about typing normally. It seems to piss a ton of people off if you type like you are I.M.ing. I'm just throwing that out there.

ResultsMayVary

Quote from: LosferWords on September 01, 2009, 12:16:14 PM
I've noticed quite a few members have XBL cards as their sig and some have GH and RB in recently played.  Nice  :tup
Thanks. I'm guessing you also do the same, right? :metal

Dimitrius

Quote from: 73109 on September 01, 2009, 12:13:44 PM

I don't do it because I think it's cool, I do it because it has become part of my common vocabulary. Try going an hour without saying "it."
Saying "it" as in "it" or as in "curse words".

Because then you gave an example you can't really give. "It" is a necessary part of one's vocabulary. Curse words aren't.

skydivingninja

Very nice username.  One of Maiden's less appreciated songs.  Welcome to the forum and don't listen to a word 73109 and Icysk8r say!  ;D

Quote from: Dimitrius on September 01, 2009, 12:18:33 PM

Because then you gave an example you can't really give. "It" is a necessary part of one's vocabulary. Curse words aren't.

But they are to me. I did use them so much because it was cool, at around 12-13, that now I can't stop. It's like a need re-hab for swearing.

LosferWords

@ ResultsMayVary: Yes, quite a few.  On GH:M the most.  GHWT bores me, GH3 is epic though, and RB2 I took a break from.

thanks skydivingninja

ResultsMayVary

I don't have a RB2 guitar so it's hard to play that with the GH guitar but i play GH:M and GH:WT most of the time.

LosferWords

I don't have a RB guitar either, don't even have a GHWT guitar anymore, it broke, so using the good ol' GH3 one.

ResultsMayVary

Haha. Old school. I don't know if its just me, but when i use the GH:WT guitar, i can nail anything on GH:WT or GH:M but when i play RB2, i can rarely hit hammer-ons without strumming.

millahh

Quote from: 73109 on September 01, 2009, 12:20:33 PM
Quote from: Dimitrius on September 01, 2009, 12:18:33 PM

But they are to me. I did use them so much because it was cool, at around 12-13, that now I can't stop. It's like a need re-hab for swearing.

Look at it this way:  swearing can be very effective, when used in moderation and in well-chosen spots.  However, when used too much, it just makes the person sound like a cretin with a limited vocabulary and not alot of creativity.  If you want to be taken seriously (in life, not just the forum), learn to use it in moderation, and learn some cool adjective/adverbs/nouns to commumicate your ideas.