wkiml

Went out on a huge limb here

W first initial 
KIML first 4 letters of my surname

bosk1

Quote from: Sketchy on August 16, 2012, 08:25:02 AM
Quote from: kirksnosehair on August 16, 2012, 06:46:03 AM
<------ Sarcastic Spock's Beard fan

I am ashamed I did not realise that earlier. Hell, you even got Ryo on your album and I didn't realise that's where the name came from.

Maybe it's just because I remember him from the Neal Morse forums, so I had that context to help make the connection, but I figured it out a long time ago.

Heretic

I was tried and found guilty in the Salem Bosk Trials, and was thus outcast as a heretic.

Nekov

Quote from: Heretic on August 16, 2012, 08:36:26 AM
I was tried and found guilty in the Salem Bosk Trials, and was thus outcast as a heretic.

Was it because of your lack of faith? :neverusethis:

Zook

Zook is the name of a cartoon character I created in 4th grade. It's pronounced Zuke or like baZOOKa. The name has nothing to do with the apparent crappy former Florida Gators coach Ron Zook.

Zydar

Quote from: Nekov on August 16, 2012, 08:48:58 AM
Quote from: Heretic on August 16, 2012, 08:36:26 AM

Was it because of your lack of faith? :neverusethis:

Angels kept falling, all for him.

wolfandwolfandwolf

My username pokes fun at the goofy wolves howling at a moon or growling t shirt that is so, so popular in less populated areas of the state I live in.

T-ski

Quote from: AMindBesideItself on August 16, 2012, 08:13:55 AM
Quote from: Cedar redaC on August 16, 2012, 06:55:35 AM
just my hometown's name spelled forwards and backwards, that's it.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but redaC backwards is Cader

Cedar redaC

Quote from: T-ski on August 16, 2012, 09:41:17 AM
Quote from: AMindBesideItself on August 16, 2012, 08:13:55 AM
Quote from: Cedar redaC on August 16, 2012, 06:55:35 AM
just my hometown's name spelled forwards and backwards, that's it.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but redaC backwards is Cader

hehehe, whoops.... :facepalm:

EDIT: Ok, how about this: just switch the first and last letters!!!   :\

Adami

Quote from: Jaffa on August 16, 2012, 07:27:36 AM
Quote from: BlobVanDam on August 16, 2012, 07:24:29 AM
Over here Jaffas are little orange candy balls. It's also the name of the alien race in Stargate that has little snakey things in their stomachs. :blob:

It's funny, because I had actually watched SG1 before getting the nickname, but I didn't realize til years later that the race was spelled Jaffa.  Then I was tempted to pretend that I meant to do that all along. 

Also, candy balls?  I understand in England they're some kind of cakes, chocolate with orange filling, or orange with chocolate filling, or something like that.

Damn. I was hoping it either be an SG-1 reference or after the city back in my country.
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

Beowulf

I was a Literature major in college, and Beowulf was one of my 3 favorite works.  I figured it was a bit more manly than "TheDivineComedy", and "Paradise Lost" would've gotten confused with the band or the SymX album.

Orbert

Years ago, some telemarketer talked me into a three-year subscription to Stereo Review magazine for a low, low price.  He apparently entered my first name into the database incorrectly, as I received three years of Stereo Review addressed to Orbert instead of Robert.  I liked Orbert as a name, and have used it for all of my online personae ever since.

fadetoblackdude7

Fade To Black is my favorite song of all time......I'm a dude.......7 is my (un)lucky number

Jaffa

Quote from: Adami on August 16, 2012, 09:57:37 AM
Over here Jaffas are little orange candy balls. It's also the name of the alien race in Stargate that has little snakey things in their stomachs. :blob:

It's funny, because I had actually watched SG1 before getting the nickname, but I didn't realize til years later that the race was spelled Jaffa.  Then I was tempted to pretend that I meant to do that all along. 

Also, candy balls?  I understand in England they're some kind of cakes, chocolate with orange filling, or orange with chocolate filling, or something like that.

Damn. I was hoping it either be an SG-1 reference or after the city back in my country.

Sorry to disappoint.  I didn't even know there was a city called Jaffa.

ich bin besser

Besse = the village I grew up in

In German, "ich bin besser" has a double meaning:
a) I am from Besse
b) I am better

Choose whatever you prefer.  ;)

DebraKadabra

Quote from: kirksnosehair on August 16, 2012, 06:46:03 AM
<------ Sarcastic Spock's Beard fan

I still think you have one of the best handles EVER. :lol :tup

Adami

Quote from: Jaffa on August 16, 2012, 12:06:57 PM
Quote from: Adami on August 16, 2012, 09:57:37 AM

Sorry to disappoint.  I didn't even know there was a city called Jaffa.

You should visit it, it's quite nice. Of course I assume in your name the J is pronounced the way American's say it. Jaffa the city is pronounced Yaffa.
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

black_biff_stadler

Jaffa

Quote from: Adami on August 16, 2012, 02:00:49 PM
You should visit it, it's quite nice. Of course I assume in your name the J is pronounced the way American's say it. Jaffa the city is pronounced Yaffa.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

I'm not actually sure how it's meant to be pronounced.  But yeah, I myself use the American pronunciation. 

Quote from: black_floyd on August 16, 2012, 02:12:51 PM
Did someone say "Yaffa"?

Weren't you supposed to drug that girl and get her to follow me around exclaiming about everything I do?

Dublagent66

My zodiac sign is Gemini and I was born in 1966.   :justjen

eric42434224

It is Scandinavian in origin and means "Honorable Ruler 42434224"

Big Hath

what my friends called me in high school/college

black_biff_stadler

Quote from: Jaffa on August 16, 2012, 02:48:01 PM
Quote from: black_floyd on August 16, 2012, 02:12:51 PM
Did someone say "Yaffa"?

Weren't you supposed to drug that girl and get her to follow me around exclaiming about everything I do?

My lord! I toooootally dropped the ball on that one. *carjacks first motorist he sees, hightails it to CVS to buy chloroform...IT'S ON!*

DebraKadabra

*sees _floyd talking about drugging chicks*
:ontome:

YtseCullen

Mines lame, Just Ytse then my last name. I really want to change it :(

BlobVanDam

Quote from: YtseCullen on August 17, 2012, 12:27:00 AM

I'm sure if you offer bosk a quicky "force choke" in the public toilet, he'll kindly change it for you. Or you could just PM him about it. Either way.

lonestar

YtseCullen

Quote from: BlobVanDam on August 17, 2012, 12:51:57 AM

I'm sure if you offer bosk a quicky "force choke" in the public toilet, he'll kindly change it for you. Or you could just PM him about it. Either way.

Hahahaha  :lol Yes I do want to change it! The only thing is I need to figure out a good one. That is the tough part!

Lolzeez

A candy name that tastes like cardboard. Yes really.

black_biff_stadler

Quote from: YtseCullen on August 17, 2012, 03:17:05 AM
Quote from: BlobVanDam on August 17, 2012, 12:51:57 AM

Hahahaha  :lol Yes I do want to change it! The only thing is I need to figure out a good one. That is the tough part!

ebony_floyd?

bosk1

Your name, as told through emoticons:  :potkettle: :dsotm:

black_biff_stadler

Quote from: bosk1 on August 17, 2012, 09:22:06 AM
Your name, as told through emoticons:  :potkettle: :dsotm:

:lol Lovely.

While we're at it. I know that requests for specific emotes that are personalized are seldom honored and I really do appreciate getting the gambit one a little ways back but unfortunately, there's rarely an opportunity to use it. Would you be cool with just changing ":b_f:" to a fleur de lis since if I'm gonna have one that's rarely usable, I'd prefer it to be that.

Thanks!

bosk1

Quote from: black_floyd on August 17, 2012, 10:08:34 AMI know that requests for specific emotes that are personalized are seldom honored

Says who?

We already have this:  :saints:  But it isn't a very good one.  If you can track down a better one, I'm happy to oblige.

DebraKadabra

Speaking of the Saints logo... there's a HUGE Saints helmet on the roof of Shoal Creek Saloon on Lamar here in Austin - couldn't take a pic of it today as I was in the midst of Friday lunch traffic, but I'll definitely make it a point to snap a pic for ya floydie. :)