2009/10 WORLD TOUR DISCUSSION THREAD

Started by cyberdrummer, April 27, 2009, 06:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adami

That set looks pretty right actually and seems fitting. The only song that seems odd there is ANTR, just too long for IM fans.

But it confirms my lack of desire to see them this tour.
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

DarkEternalNight

ANTR seems out of place, I'd think they'd open with it.

Ben_Jamin

Yay Home, hope that's true as that's my favorite song

Scard

In The Presence Of Enemies
This Dying Soul
Vacant
Stream of Consciousness
Keyboard Solo
Trial of Tears
Home
Encore:
Guitar Solo
The Count Of Tuscany

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2010/superpagescom-center-dallas-tx-bd42972.html
From Setlist.fm...

Adami

Quote from: Scard on June 09, 2010, 07:46:46 PM
This Dying Soul
Vacant
Stream of Consciousness
Keyboard Solo
Trial of Tears
Home
Encore:
Guitar Solo
The Count Of Tuscany

From Setlist.fm...

right

Adami

Can someone official like scotty or sigz tell me if that was the right set list? That seems a bit insane and off.

Nic35

If that's what they played, they played for 60 minutes. I doubt that they played Home.

Ultimetalhead

This Dying Soul
Vacant
Stream of Consciousness
Keyboard Solo
Trial of Tears
Home
Encore:
Guitar Solo
The Count Of Tuscany

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2010/superpagescom-center-dallas-tx-bd42972.html
From Setlist.fm...
As awesome as that set would be, it was well documented that they weren't rehearsing any new songs. Somebody lied, be it Setlist.fm or someone in the DT camp.

setrataeso

Nic35

Because obviously it isn't the real setlist. Scotty said that they wouldn't play ANTR and any new songs. I'm still not sure of what they really played. Maybe they played a shorter version of Home, because if not, they played for 60 minutes.

Quote from: Setlist Scotty on May 10, 2010, 03:38:21 PM
Quote from: Nic35 on May 10, 2010, 03:34:27 PM
So you can bet you'll see ANTR

No you won't.

Nick

Quote from: Ultimetalhead on June 09, 2010, 08:39:09 PM
This Dying Soul
Vacant
Stream of Consciousness
Keyboard Solo
Trial of Tears
Home
Encore:
Guitar Solo
The Count Of Tuscany

From Setlist.fm...
As awesome as that set would be, it was well documented that they weren't rehearsing any new songs. Somebody lied, be it Setlist.fm or someone in the DT camp.

I can't believe you for any moment in time thought that was the real setlist. No red flags went up... like the fact they would have played longer than Maiden?

SystematicThought

Setlist Scotty

Quote from: Nic35 on June 09, 2010, 08:35:53 PM
If that's what they played, they played for 60 minutes. I doubt that they played Home.

I don't doubt it. While I never got confirmation, I believe that Home was the song that was the missing track in my setlist guesses.

Now that the first show is over and nothing else has been posted by anyone who was at the show, I will post what I believe was played tonight (barring Home, which may very well be incorrect and the song order may be incorrect):

As I Am
Panic Attack
A Rite of Passage
Home
Constant Motion
Pull Me Under

Those 6 songs add up to 52.6 minutes in iTunes, and with a little tightening up/editing, I'm sure they could get it down to 50 minutes.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on November 13, 2015, 07:37:14 PMAs a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.
Quote from: TAC on July 10, 2024, 08:26:41 AMPOW is awesome! :P

James007

Quote from: Shadow2222 on June 09, 2010, 06:04:25 PM
I'm following a guy on twitter who is at the show.
I apologize if he is wrong for some reason, but according to him, this is the setlist so far:

1. As I Am
2. A Rite of Passage
3. Home
4. Constant Motion
5. A Nightmare to Remember
6. Pull Me Under

This has to be wrong...

NOTE: He may be wrong as he apparently is only a casual DT fan (ex: he called Constant Motion "In Constant Motion")
They didn't play Nightmare to Remember, they played Panic Attack.

The show was great!  A Rite of Passage live is killer!

setrataeso

I think I'll wait until everything is confirmed.
Until then, I'm taking these rumoured setlists with a grain of salt.

Setlist Scotty

Quote from: setrataeso on June 09, 2010, 09:15:29 PM

Take a look at my last post.  ;)
Quote from: BlobVanDam on November 13, 2015, 07:37:14 PMAs a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Nic35

Quote from: Setlist Scotty on June 09, 2010, 09:13:40 PM

I don't doubt it. While I never got confirmation, I believe that Home was the song that was the missing track in my setlist guesses.
I said that because on setlist.com it was written that they played ANTR. But now considering they didn't play it, it's highly possible that they played home.

James007

I was there.

They played for about 48 minutes.

setrataeso

Quote from: Setlist Scotty on June 09, 2010, 09:16:48 PM

Take a look at my last post.  ;)

I'll still wait...you still don't seem positive about this just yet.

Setlist Scotty

James007

Quote from: Setlist Scotty on June 09, 2010, 09:22:20 PM
Quote from: James007 on June 09, 2010, 09:17:35 PM
I was there.

How did they go over with the Maiden crowd?
Very well, I believe.  Between bands, I talked to some IM fans and they seemed truly impressed. 

On the other hand, I was not terribly impressed with Maiden and didn't bother to stay for their whole set.

GuineaPig

Quote from: James007 on June 09, 2010, 09:24:28 PM
Quote from: Setlist Scotty on June 09, 2010, 09:22:20 PM
Quote from: James007 on June 09, 2010, 09:17:35 PM
I was there.

How did they go over with the Maiden crowd?
Very well, I believe.  Between bands, I talked to some IM fans and they seemed truly impressed. 

On the other hand, I was not terribly impressed with Maiden and didn't bother to stay for their whole set.

Rabble rabble rabble.

Ben_Jamin

Pretty cool set. I've only seen Home, Pull Me Under, and Panic Attack. The others i don't mind since i never seen them. Maidens set doesn't look too bad either

cyberdrummer

For anyone who hasn't seen, this is Iron Maiden's set:

The Wicker Man
Ghost Of The Navigator
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
El Dorado
Paschendale
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
These Colours Don't Run
Blood Brothers
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies
Brave New World
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

cyberdrummer

Apparently JLB said 'Hello Housto... Dallas' then looked back at MP!

cyberdrummer

Mladen

Maiden set list kicks some serious ass!  :metal

And Dream Theater set list is pretty damn good as well...  :metal

This is gonna be one hell of a tour, says I.  ;D

TAC

Quote from: Setlist Scotty on June 09, 2010, 09:13:40 PM

Now that the first show is over and nothing else has been posted by anyone who was at the show, I will post what I believe was played tonight (barring Home, which may very well be incorrect and the song order may be incorrect):

As I Am
Panic Attack
A Rite of Passage
Home
Constant Motion
Pull Me Under

Those 6 songs add up to 52.6 minutes in iTunes, and with a little tightening up/editing, I'm sure they could get it down to 50 minutes.

I got 5 out of 6!! Would've never guessed that Home would've been played. Seems kind of long for such a short set time. Plus I'm not a fan, and I don't feel that it does a great job of highlighting the band, except for the very end. But I know I'm in the minority.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

James007

Quote from: cyberdrummer on June 10, 2010, 01:28:21 AM
Apparently JLB said 'Hello Housto... Dallas' then looked back at MP!
Don't worry about that so much.

jingle.boy

Quote from: cyberdrummer on June 10, 2010, 01:21:07 AM

The Wicker Man
Ghost Of The Navigator
El Dorado
Paschendale
These Colours Don't Run
Blood Brothers
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies
Brave New World
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

The significant lack of 80s Maiden makes me  :sadpanda:  Nothing from Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere in Time or 7th Son???
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

chknptpie

GuineaPig

Quote from: jingle.boy on June 10, 2010, 06:33:18 AM
Quote from: cyberdrummer on June 10, 2010, 01:21:07 AM

The Wicker Man
Ghost Of The Navigator
El Dorado
Paschendale
These Colours Don't Run
Blood Brothers
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies
Brave New World
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

The significant lack of 80s Maiden makes me  :sadpanda:  Nothing from Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere in Time or 7th Son???

Powerslave got 4 songs last tour, Seventh Son will get time to shine next tour.  I'm glad they went back and revisited the post-2000 catalogue, as I was very afraid many songs would not see the light of day again.

DarkLord_Lalinc

THEY PLAYED PASCHENDALE!!!! ASDÑASDL

/fanboy

Alright, I'm happy for DT's setlist and good reception, which I'm sure will last for the whole tour.

EDI: Their stage doesn't look like an opening band stage  :lol They don't sound like an opening band either, seems they got a decent-to-good mix

El Barto

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure PA and ARoP were reversed.  Home was fantastic, although no talkbox.  PMU was anticlimactic.  Honestly, though, I thought they played with a lot more energy and enthusiasm than they have in the past.  This short set was a better performance than any of the 90 minute ones they've done in Dallas the last few years. 

James007

Quote from: El Barto on June 10, 2010, 07:23:00 AM
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure PA and ARoP were reversed.  Home was fantastic, although no talkbox.  PMU was anticlimactic.  Honestly, though, I thought they played with a lot more energy and enthusiasm than they have in the past.  This short set was a better performance than any of the 90 minute ones they've done in Dallas the last few years.  
ARoP was second on the setlist.  It was astounding.  The middle section got the IM stoner standing next to me to start yelling "Fuckin' A!" at the top of his lungs.  

I agree that the intensity with which they played was high.  If their intention with this tour is to pick up some metal fans, I think they're going to succeed.