News:

Dreamtheaterforums.org is a place of peace.  ...except when it is a place of BEING ON FIRE!!!

Main Menu

2009/10 WORLD TOUR DISCUSSION THREAD

Started by cyberdrummer, April 27, 2009, 06:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkLord_Lalinc

Quote from: antigoon on May 19, 2009, 07:01:28 PM
What the fuck is the Brookhaven Ampitheater?
The place our child is going to be born in.

bout to crash

cyberdrummer

Unfortunately, Frost* has had to pull out of 2 European shows in June: the 18th in Lisbon, POR and the 23rd in Munich, GER. They will still appear at the 2 UK shows earlier in the month.

Neal Morse will now be DT's Special Guest at the June 23rd Munich show.

Opening act replacement for the Lisbon show is still TBC.

tri.ad

Nick

Neal Morse and DT would be an amazing concert, wish I could go to that. That statement from Portnoy is a really nice thing to see.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: tri.ad on May 20, 2009, 02:39:47 AM
No DT concerts for me this tour. :sadpanda:
This isn't the real tour.  This is just European warm-up shows, followed by Prog Nation NA, followed by Prog Nation Europe.  The real tour comes in the spring.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

LudwigVan

:lol  My thoughts exactly!   Holy crap, I guess I'll be Truckin' out to exit 63, FARMingville.   ::)

ZeppelinDT

Quote from: LudwigVan on May 21, 2009, 07:33:16 PM

:lol  My thoughts exactly!   Holy crap, I guess I'll be Truckin' out to exit 63, FARMingville.   ::)

Its actually pretty awesome.  Saw Extreme there last summer.  There's a good amount of seating, plus a nice sized lawn area too.

cyberdrummer

2009-06-18 - Coliseum de Lisboa - Lisbon, POR (w/ special guests Pendragon)

Pendragon announced as special guests.

tri.ad

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on May 21, 2009, 04:33:53 PM
This isn't the real tour.  This is just European warm-up shows, followed by Prog Nation NA, followed by Prog Nation Europe.  The real tour comes in the spring.

Oh, alright then.

antigoon

Quote from: ZeppelinDT on May 21, 2009, 07:40:16 PM
Quote from: LudwigVan on May 21, 2009, 07:33:16 PM

:lol  My thoughts exactly!   Holy crap, I guess I'll be Truckin' out to exit 63, FARMingville.   ::)

Its actually pretty awesome.  Saw Extreme there last summer.  There's a good amount of seating, plus a nice sized lawn area too.

HM...*Strokes non-existent beard*

Nick

Quote from: cyberdrummer on May 22, 2009, 12:44:06 AM
2009-06-18 - Coliseum de Lisboa - Lisbon, POR (w/ special guests Pendragon)

Pendragon announced as special guests.

Wow, I've never wanted to go to Portugal more than right now. Pendragon are fantastic.

ddtonfire

Looks like I'll have to drive a few hundred miles to see them this tour!

brakkum

Nick

Wow, didn't realize we were only 5 days away from Dream Theater's first show of the tour.

cyberdrummer

Yeah I know, exciting stuff. I wonder if we'll be as surprised as we were after the first show of the last tour...

DarkLord_Lalinc

They're playing their Majesty demos in its entirety. How cool is that?  :millahhhh

Zeltar

Quote from: DarkLord_Lalinc on June 01, 2009, 03:54:35 PM
They're playing their Majesty demos in its entirety. How cool is that?  :millahhhh
What, what? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rolling Down

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on May 21, 2009, 04:33:53 PM
This isn't the real tour.  This is just European warm-up shows, followed by Prog Nation NA, followed by Prog Nation Europe.  The real tour comes in the spring.

I'm going to see 3 shows of this "not real tour". I wonder how many shows of the real tour I'm going to.

tri.ad

By now, I really doubt (again) that there will be a third European tour leg in spring 2010 - unless there is a legit source that proves me wrong.

Zeltar

I'm endlessly pumped about finding out the setlist for the Swedish Rock Festival thingy. Does anyone have any idea what time it is in Sweden/when DT will play/if they've already played?

Nihil-Morari

It's 12 past 8 in the morning now. Knowing that it's a festival could mean that they play early, but since DT is usually a main act, the chance is big we'd have to wait for another 12hours+

Zeltar

:sadpanda: Luckily I'll be asleep for the next 15 hours so it's all good. :hat

GuineaPig

Well it's 3:16 in Stockholm now, so DT should be on in 5 hours.

Nihil-Morari

cyberdrummer

GuineaPig

cyberdrummer

hefdaddy42

Sweet.  Hopefully some boots will arise.

Any takers on A Rite of Passage being played?  I don't expect any of the other new stuff to appear yet, but since that one has already been released...
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

BlobVanDam

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on June 06, 2009, 08:06:54 AM
Sweet.  Hopefully some boots will arise.

Any takers on A Rite of Passage being played?  I don't expect any of the other new stuff to appear yet, but since that one has already been released...

Yeah, I'll make a bet they'll play it. And I can't wait to see some videos popping up of the shows on Youtube. A few things I wanna see :D

sonatafanica

I really hope they do something like how they had the ants and stuff on stage for SC last year and have an elephant standing on some books on the stage.

BlobVanDam

Unless it can pack away well, something like an elephant is a bit big to haul around on tour. All of their other props like the street sign and the street light all packed away pretty well, but an elephant is a bit much I think :lol

OsMosis2259

Quote from: BlobVanDam on June 06, 2009, 08:59:48 AM
Unless it can pack away well, something like an elephant is a bit big to haul around on tour. All of their other props like the street sign and the street light all packed away pretty well, but an elephant is a bit much I think :lol

hahaaha that would be such a pain in the ass carrying an elephant every show

sonatafanica

cyberdrummer

MP and Pete Trewavas joined Neal Morse on 'We All Need Some Light' and 'Stranger In Your Soul' earlier.