Roulette of Champions - FINAL RESULTS, pg 15!

Started by ariich, December 11, 2012, 01:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which semi-finalist should win? (see song links on Pg 13)

Lonestar: Odd Dimension and Mechanical Poet
9 (60%)
Kingshmegland: Demians and This Day & Age
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: February 03, 2013, 02:04:29 PM

ariich

Come one, come all, to the Roulette of Champions!

All winners of Song Roulettes were invited to take part. Some could not handle the pressure, and declined to take part. These contestants who have chosen to compete are the hardcore elite. They will be battling for the ultimate glory as Champion of Champions.

The Contestants:
- Gorille85
- H
- Heretic
- jingle.boy
- kari
- kingshmegland
- Lateralus
- lonestar
- Marvellous G
- Nekov
- obscure
- Orcus116
- Sigz
- skydivingninja
- TheVoxyn
- Ultimetalhead
- YtseBitsySpider
- Zantera

The Rules:
- The judges are me and a mystery second judge, who will remain secret for the duration of the competition. We will each score every song between 0.5 and 4, meaning a score between 1 and 8 per round.
- Given the number of you buggers, you are only guaranteed a place in the first two rounds. The top half of the group (9 out of 18) will proceed past round 2, the rest will be eliminated.
- Submit songs by email to dtfrouletteofchamps@gmail.com. These should ideally be mp3s, but Youtube or Grooveshark (or similar) links will also be acceptable.
- The first round will be open, the others will be themed. Submissions should not only be good, but also fit the theme.
- Below is a list of forbidden bands. This is mainly to cover some of the most obvious bands because we'd prefer people to be more imaginative. Technically anything not in that list is fine, as long as the song fits the theme.

Forbidden bands:
- The Dear Hunter
- Devin Townsend
- Dream Theater
- Frost
- Metallica
- Muse
- Opeth
- Pain of Salvation
- Pink Floyd
- Porcupine Tree
- Rush
- Transatlantic

One final word of note - I'm not going to be around from the 19th to the 29th December as I will be away for Christmas, so the roulette will be on hold during this time. Apart from that, I will be very much around and more active than I have been recently, so hopefully the roulette will move at a reasonable pace. Do be patient with the first couple of rounds though, there are a LOT of you!

ROUND 1 - OPEN
No theme here, just send anything you think is good, and preferably not something too obvious or well known (and absolutely nothing in the list of forbidden bands).

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

WindMaster

Following! Should be incredibly awesome.

Scorpion

Quote from: WindMaster on December 11, 2012, 01:35:33 PM
Following! Should be incredibly awesome.

Also, did Zander opt out?

Jaffa

Yeah, I haven't followed any of these all the way through, but I think I'll have to check this one out. 

LieLowTheWantedMan

Following. Too bad I'm such a big loser and couldn't participate. :sadpanda:

Ultimetalhead

So that forbidden list is all that's forbidden? So, I could theoretically send stuff that I know you like (like stuff that I sent in your roulette before) and be totally fine?

ariich

Quote from: Ultimetalhead on December 11, 2012, 02:06:20 PM
So that forbidden list is all that's forbidden? So, I could theoretically send stuff that I know you like (like stuff that I sent in your roulette before) and be totally fine?
You could, but that wouldn't be very imaginative, so I might not find it very exciting and therefore may not score it as highly. Also, you've no idea how much the other judge will like it. :P

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

YtseBitsySpider

No Raven?...

...means no Dan Swano.

Means I WIN.

ahahhahha..you're all going down.

as soon as Obscure is done. She goes down first.

buwhwhahhahahahahahhaha

jingle.boy

You're all playing for 2nd place bitches!

:bringiton:
Quote from: Jamesman42 on Today at 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

King Postwhore

Due date for the 1st round Rich?
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TheVoxyn

I hope the mystery judge appreciates things that are not prog or metal, otherwise I'm screwed.

Anyway, I noticed that my favourite band isn't banned so I'll just send that since I have nothing else to go by (tastes show after the first round I guess).

Ultimetalhead

inb4 mystery judge is Kevin Moore.

ariich

Quote from: YtseBitsySpider on December 11, 2012, 02:15:00 PM
No Raven?...
Yeah, he declined as he's really busy.

Quote from: kingshmegland on December 11, 2012, 02:29:08 PM
Due date for the 1st round Rich?
Hmm, no particular cut off yet, as we're just getting started. If submissions are slow I will chase people though. Later rounds will have submission deadlines.

Ħ

Wow. Uh....wow. No idea what to send. Rich knows all the music I've ever listened to, pretty much. As for the mystery judge...hmmm...might be too soon to speculate, but hefdaddy? Dunno. I'm gonna have to find a good song.

If your library, Rich, is up to date, then you haven't listened to this group. Sending.

Nekov

This should be fun. I guess it's not Bosk after all

Ħ

Hm...it could be bosk. But he hasn't been around that much of late.

Just looking at the list, it's crazy how many DTF regulars on in this competition. I know of all the people in the contest, and am aware of maybe 75% of the type of music each listens to. This gunna be intense.

EDIT: Sent in a music group that's somewhat known on DTF, but it's not in Rich's last.fm so I'm banking on him (or the mystery judge) not knowing them.

Nekov

lonestar

Quote from: Nekov on December 11, 2012, 03:18:24 PM
Sent

Damn, I wanted to be first, stupid naps. :P

Anyways, let's get this puppy rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:And sent!!!!

Elite

If you'd waited two days and crazyaga had his final results up, I could be in here too :p

Ah, well. Following.
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

lonestar

Speaking of which,kirksnosehair won my roulette a few days ago,maybe he should be thrown an invite.

Nekov

They're already cutting half of us because of the large number. I don't think any more people are needed here

King Postwhore

jingle.boy

Quote from: lonestar on December 11, 2012, 05:00:57 PM
Speaking of which,kirksnosehair won my roulette a few days ago,maybe he should be thrown an invite.

No, he's not allowed in.

because I'd lose to him
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Nekov

jingle.boy

You beat me by one lousy point douche-bag.  :P

This time, I'm gonna :pwnt:

orcus116

Ħ

I wouldn't be opposed to letting Elite and kirksnosehair join in. More people for me to stomp.  :biggrin:

lonestar

I'm just honored to be part of this august collection of DTFers, and just hoping that God willing i can show well.

/humility

jingle.boy

Ħ

Can the mods allow smack-talk in this thread? Pretty pleeaaase?

jingle.boy

Quote from: Ħ on December 11, 2012, 08:10:43 PM
Can the mods allow smack-talk in this thread? Pretty pleeaaase?

You have to ASK if you can talk smack!?!?!  You should've just said "Mods, I'm a pussy, is it ok if I try to talk tough by demeaning and insulting others in this thread?"

:bitchslap:

:allingoodfun:

Ħ

Now look here jingle.bitch, you best be prepared to wipe my ass with your retarded-ass vintage album sleeves, old man.

lonestar