News:

Dreamtheaterforums.org is a place of peace.  ...except when it is a place of BEING ON FIRE!!!

Main Menu

This just in: you suck at Minesweeper.

Started by MetalJunkie, February 17, 2013, 01:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalJunkie

BlobVanDam

I've never actually played Minesweeper (Minesweeper. Not even once). I've never even kept it installed. Used to always uninstall it as soon as I installed Windows XP, and it doesn't even install by default with Windows 7 Pro.

My friend used to be pretty good at it though. He used to always play on the hardest difficulty. I know he never finished it that fast though. Finishing it at all seemed to be an achievement.

Phoenix87x

I'll be the first one to admit that I've always sucked at minesweeper.

wolfking

jsem

That is legit. My record is at 55 (better than this dude), I'm ranked 175 in the world. The best sweeper is Kamil Muranski, who has clocked numerous sub-40s in expert and who has the world record in Intermediate and Expert. His records are 8.03 in Int and 32.13 in Expert.

This video would not be legit for record anyway because it's played on MS Minesweeper and the board cycles and easy cracking of the game makes it easy for fake scores. The modern clones have statistical features and video recording options, so when you've played a game it saves a special video file of it which can be uploaded for rankings.

On his game, he's not ultra efficient. Definitely many wasted clicks and some instances of overflagging. Decent click/s as it seems though.

Edit: Seems like his scores are legit, this was from the old days when MS Sweeper scores were legit.

lonestar

That was way more about minesweeper than I ever intended to know.

wolfking

I don't see how you can simply play it that quick, I guess I do suck.

Nick

Damn, I'm happy if I nail a 57 on intermediate.

Scorpion

Yeah, same. *checks highscore* Actually, I have one 46 on intermediate, but that's about as far as it goes. :lol

rumborak

I liked Minesweeper until I had my first occurrence of "can not be deduced", after which I stopped playing it.

Gadough

I don't think I've ever beaten a single game of Minesweeper. I simply don't know how it works. :lol

Just like Sudoku.

Hyperplex

Quote from: jsem on February 17, 2013, 05:37:48 AM
That is legit. My record is at 55 (better than this dude), I'm ranked 175 in the world. The best sweeper is Kamil Muranski, who has clocked numerous sub-40s in expert and who has the world record in Intermediate and Expert. His records are 8.03 in Int and 32.13 in Expert.

This video would not be legit for record anyway because it's played on MS Minesweeper and the board cycles and easy cracking of the game makes it easy for fake scores. The modern clones have statistical features and video recording options, so when you've played a game it saves a special video file of it which can be uploaded for rankings.

On his game, he's not ultra efficient. Definitely many wasted clicks and some instances of overflagging. Decent click/s as it seems though.

Edit: Seems like his scores are legit, this was from the old days when MS Sweeper scores were legit.

This video shows that Muranski guy in full glory: https://bit.ly/11PzwF1

Kotowboy

cramx3

I love minesweeper but I lose because I get I situations where I have to guess or I just click by accident.

kári

Quote from: rumborak on February 17, 2013, 02:11:23 PM
I liked Minesweeper until I had my first occurrence of "can not be deduced", after which I stopped playing it.
Yeah. I hate how there are always many moments where you just have to be lucky.

TioJorge

Never had any interest in this game at all. I think I might have booted it up once as a kid, but I can't recall ever actually playing it. That's pretty fancy.

Tick

I have never played Minesweeper, angry birds or any such games.
Anyone up for some Asteroids?

jsem

Ħ

Jsem - 175 in the world? Dang. That basically makes you a celebrity.

wolfking

I just finished beginner, and it took 20 seconds, I rock.

El Barto

Quote from: Gadough on February 17, 2013, 03:24:50 PM
I don't think I've ever beaten a single game of Minesweeper. I simply don't know how it works. :lol

Just like Sudoku.
Same here. Used to be damned good a Freecell, though.

Fiery Winds

jsem

Quote from: Ħ on February 18, 2013, 03:18:54 PM
Jsem - 175 in the world? Dang. That basically makes you a celebrity.
Lol. Not even close.

Chino