DT-Side Chat Thread v. The Blu-Ray is out so I changed the friggin' title

Started by hefdaddy42, June 03, 2013, 03:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GentlemanofDread

But... it's September! Pumpkin should only be an option in October onwards! What is this madness?!

Whatsername

Capitalism, my good sir.

Edit: I really have no clue, but it sounded good in my head.

?

Last year I saw advent calendars in stores in late October, so looks like capitalism has spread its ugly tentacles everywhere :P

Whatsername

The running joke is that by Labor Day you see Halloween stuff, by Halloween there's already Christmas stuff, and by Christmas there's Valentine's stuff. It's all moving too fast!

That being said I love autumn so I'm not sad to see it coming soon.

GentlemanofDread

But.. Autumn should have it own things! I don't want winter things now.

Whatsername

But pumpkin and spices and delicious tasty baked apple desserts are autumn, so I'm okay with this.

wasteland

I dislike autumn, even though it has come to be the quietest time of the year for me during the past two years.

aprilethereal

The two greatest seasons are about to come, yay :caffeine:

Zydar

I like autumn a lot, there's many beautiful colors to capture as an amateur photographer.

Whatsername

Fall equals two things for me. I can wear sweaters and scarfs again, and Starbucks gets their salted caramel hot chocolates again.

I have a problem.

?

Early autumn is nice, but when the nights grow longer, it's raining a lot and there's no snow at all it sucks. Winter = :heart

wasteland

Quote from: Whatsername on September 03, 2013, 07:50:54 AM
and Starbucks gets their salted caramel hot chocolates again.

Seriously? Do those things even exist?  :lol

aprilethereal

I'm just happy that I won't have to endure 28-40 °C all day long anymore :)

Whatsername

Quote from: wasteland on September 03, 2013, 07:56:58 AM
Quote from: Whatsername on September 03, 2013, 07:50:54 AM
and Starbucks gets their salted caramel hot chocolates again.

Seriously? Do those things even exist?  :lol

Yes, and it basically tastes like a chocolate covered pretzel. They're amazing.

Whatsername

Sir GuitarCozmo

aprilethereal

Quote from: Whatsername on September 03, 2013, 08:08:05 AM
Quote from: aprilethereal on September 03, 2013, 08:04:06 AM
Quote from: Whatsername on September 03, 2013, 08:01:49 AM
chocolate covered pretzel

What the fuck ???

What? Is that not a thing in Germany?

Pretzels? Yes. Chocolate covered ones? Never heard of that :lol

Apparently a friend of mine who I just asked knows about that, so I'm just not really familiar with the country I live in :lolpalm:

BlobVanDam

I never heard of chocolate covered pretzels until Cadbury just released some here. I don't really like pretzels, but they have enough chocolate on them so I can't taste the pretzel. :lol They're not bad at all. Same with chocolate covered popcorn. I don't like popcorn, but it works!

Whatsername

They're delicious! They're salty and sweet and chocolatey and crunchy. One of my favorite sweet treats ever.

Damn now I want some.

aprilethereal

wasteland

The caramel covered pop-corn they sell at some cinemas are firmly in my list of food I will never ever try out.

Whatsername

You people are weird. :angel:

In not so good news, I got a call from the fraud department of my bank and there appears to be a hold on my account now! :dangerwillrobinson:

?

Too bad :-\

Speaking of financial things, I recently created a PayPal account to be able to pre-order Lifting Shadows. I don't think I'll ever order a lot of stuff from abroad, but it's good to have the option to do so.

aprilethereal

Speaking of financial things, drivers licences are FUCKING EXPENSIVE :censored

GentlemanofDread

Quote from: aprilethereal on September 03, 2013, 08:44:47 AM
You wanna go somewhere? Pay a fortune for it all the time.

Whatsername

Quote from: aprilethereal on September 03, 2013, 08:44:47 AM

How much do they cost? I can't remember how much it cost me to get mine.

wasteland

I payed a few hundreds euros to get mine, all included. It was expensive, yeah, but it was worth it.

Whatsername

On that topic, what kind of test did you guys have to take? I assume it varies country to country?

JayOctavarium

It's more in depth than it is here in the U.S. Here if you can reach the pedals and you know that red means stop... you get a license. :lol

aprilethereal

Quote from: wasteland on September 03, 2013, 08:48:44 AM
I payed a few hundreds euros to get mine, all included. It was expensive, yeah, but it was worth it.

What? I pay about 1500-2000 € (depends on how many lessons I have to take), and that's the cheapest possibility in my town :(

?

I can't remember how much my licence cost...
Quote from: Whatsername on September 03, 2013, 08:50:04 AM
On that topic, what kind of test did you guys have to take? I assume it varies country to country?
In Finland it goes like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_licence_in_Finland

I'm still in the practicing period and the advanced phase will come later.

wasteland

Multiple choice test with some 20 questions and then a driving exam that can last up to 30 minutes. While the first one is a standard test that is the same all across the country, the difficulty of the driving test can vary greatly according to who is the examiner. My city is built on a couple of steep hills, so it is possible to make a driving test as difficult as you wish by having the candidate to park backwards going downhill, which is never easy, let alone for beginners. Usually you fail if you touch the sidewalk. I was lucky enough to get a normal examiner, but some people I know had to repeat the exam many times for that reason.

aprilethereal

Pretty sure Germany has the most ridiculous laws and rules ever once again :\

?

I checked the website of my driving school and the price is 1745 €, so it's pretty expensive here as well!