2014-01-16 - Palacio Vistalegre - Madrid, ESP

Started by cyberdrummer, June 18, 2013, 02:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maximumrocker

Did riots ensue?!

Gonna be interesting to see any video coverage of this

Quote from: genome on January 16, 2014, 03:14:46 PM
I'm thinking technical hitch, like their monitors went out or something. Very easy to get lost in TDOE if that's the case. Seen that happen at a DT show before.

The played the basically all of Outcry with out any monitors one time. If they can play that, they're are half way for TDOE

Lucho

Problems with the police in the middle of IT.

Pepe108

The stage was finished too late, and that made the show start at 9:15 p.m. The band was told that they would have to trim down the setlist because they only had time until 11:30. Police forced the show to end when arrived the hour, and that's all what happened. Can't believe it.

genome

Well they did finish at 1am last night. I thought they might be cutting it a bit fine to transfer the whole rig over to Madrid in time. :\

cyberdrummer

Cool Chris

A show goes over curfew and the police is called in?
Maybe the grass is greener on the other side because you're not over there fucking it up.

Tim van Duijn

Forced down?? In the middle of IT they stopped? What did it look like? How did the band react?

bosk1

Oh, wow.  So I wonder if it went something like this:

"A story that needs to be told!  Wait...er--"
???
:borlag:
"Well...alright then.  I guess we'll tell it another time...  GOOD NIGHT!"

haceeb

genome

"MOTHERS FOR THEIR CHILDR- *JLB gets tasered*"

Lucho

Only few projections in the big screen. BIG problem tonight, what a shame!

haceeb

I bet it was Military Police (MP) they're everywhere against us

fibreoptix

Quote from: bosk1 on January 16, 2014, 03:23:43 PM
Oh, wow.  So I wonder if it went something like this:

"A story that needs to be told!  Wait...er--"
???
:borlag:
"Well...alright then.  I guess we'll tell it another time...  GOOD NIGHT!"

Hahaha! Even if that's not how it really went down, from now on that's how it goes down in my head.

wasteland

Awful, just awful. Hopefully the crowd enjoyed the part of the show they could witness, even with all the technical problems.  :\

Red_Queen

OsMosis2259

cyberdrummer

I now have somebody on Twitter saying he was there and saw nothing of the police - but there were problems with sound and the screens.

Pepe108

Also, they have struggled with a lot of technical problems. LaBrie literally did an "I'll cut your throat" gesture to his technician.

Red_Queen

:tup Thanks for info !
Quote from: cyberdrummer on January 16, 2014, 03:35:04 PM
I now have somebody on Twitter saying he was there and saw nothing of the police - but there were problems with sound and the screens.
:tup Thanks for info !

haceeb

The Letter M

Wait...MM got lost...in one of the songs that he auditioned with to get into the band.

Whoa...

They must have all been distracted with the technical difficulties and the looming curfew near the end of the show.

Such a shame to hear about all that. Well, even though one song got cut and IT was cut short, it looks like the set list is the same, just with the SFAM-encore swapped out with IT.

I wonder if they knew about the shortened show before or after swapping the SFAM set with IT?? If so, why would they want to risk having be cut off on their latest album's epic? I mean, I get wanting to celebrate SFAM's anniversary, but they've played those songs before. Ah well...

-Marc.

genome

They really heavily on monitoring, as I said before, I'm thinking their monitor desk failed or was playing up. It would explain Mangini getting lost during TDOE, if that was the case.

Pepe108

Cyberdrummer, I've been told there were eight police vans outside the venue just in case they had problems while evicting the place.

genome

Also, that might explain a lack of projections - the songs will have to be cued up via a click in Mangini's ears to keep the video in time. Looking at the videos from last night, I can hear quite a bit of backing vocals in the backing track which means most of the songs will be being played to a click, and if that fails in the middle of a song, it's chaos.

(Trust me, I've been there)

Siddhartha

Hey guys, just came home from the concert.

No police, no riots.

But the show started 1:30 hours late because they have had serious technical problems. They have not played Ilumnation Theory.

Basically instead of "An Evening With" we have a regular concert with intermission. I think we have probably seen the worst concert that will be on the tour. Shit happens.

The guys have played great but there have been a copule of very notorious mistakes, one in Dance of Eternity and the worst in the Overture 1928. I think the guys were a little bit worried about the technical issues. James was also abit tight with his voice.

I have enjoyed the concert, because these guys always deliver and the songs they have played have been great. But having loose 30 minutes of concert has been dissapointing.

Hope they remember this when they came back to Madrid.

Flurokazoo

Also, I can imagine knowing that the police are there ready to kick you out of the building isn't helping with the mood, and certainly causes a lot of stress with the members.

CharlesPL

Siddhartha thanks for the information,and I feel sorry for you.

Siddhartha

Quote from: Flurokazoo on January 16, 2014, 03:43:12 PM
Also, I can imagine knowing that the police are there ready to kick you out of the building isn't helping with the mood, and certainly causes a lot of stress with the members.

There has been no problem with the police. The problem is that they started the concert too late.

Lucho

Quote from: Siddhartha on January 16, 2014, 03:42:07 PM

No police, no riots.

But the show started 1:30 hours late because they have had serious technical problems. They have not played Ilumnation Theory.

Basically instead of "An Evening With" we have a regular concert with intermission. I think we have probably seen the worst concert that will be on the tour. Shit happens.

The guys have played great but there have been a copule of very notorious mistakes, one in Dance of Eternity and the worst in the Overture 1928. I think the guys were a little bit worried about the technical issues. James was also abit tight with his voice.

I have enjoyed the concert, because these guys always deliver and the songs they have played have been great. But having loose 30 minutes of concert has been dissapointing.

And Scarred it was played?

bl5150

genome

Quote from: Lucho on January 16, 2014, 03:47:14 PM
Quote from: Siddhartha on January 16, 2014, 03:42:07 PM

No police, no riots.

And Scarred it was played?

One source on Twitter saying it was, and that Illumination Theory wasn't even started.

Weymolith

An equipment truck broke down on the way to the venue and didn't arrive until late in the day.

Because of the hard curfew, Scarred and Illumination Theory were not played.

The police didn't stop the show.

...and that's the bottom line.

RodrigoAltaf

Just arrived at the hotel as well...there was no Illumination Theory, the show ended with Finally Free. The screen showed only what the cameras captured - that is, no recorded videos or animations. And I believe there was also an issue with the FAS intro tape - it stopped twice! You coukd tell how worried the guys were. But I don't know anything about issues with the police!

Siddhartha

Quote from: Weymolith on January 16, 2014, 03:49:42 PM
An equipment truck broke down on the way to the venue and didn't arrive until late in the day.

Because of the hard curfew, Scarred and Illumination Theory were not played.

The police didn't stop the show.

...and that's the bottom line.

Exactly. That is what really has happened.