Previous topic - Next topic

Which one do you prefer?

Chipotle
18 (56.3%)
Qdoba
14 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 32

OsMosis2259

Some great burritos in both of these fast food restaurants! What do you like better as far taste, the choices and all that good stuff?

I'm kind of used to Qdoba since there is one so close to me. I had the opportunity to try Chipotle a week ago and thought it was really good as well. As I was eating the Chipotle burrito, I was trying to decide which one was better. I think I prefer Qdoba but if there was also a Chipotle really close to me, I'd probably rotate!

senecadawg2

Implode

Chipotle is one of my favorite places to eat. I haven't had the chance to try Qdoba yet, so I won't vote yet.

PuffyPat

El Barto

Down here, we have Freebird's thrown into the mix, as well. I consider them all interchangeable. If I had to pick one I'd probably go with Freebirds since they don't charge extra for guac/sour cream/queso. Qdoba in the middle. Chipotle is too expensive and both the menu and options are pretty limited.

ReaperKK

Can't vote, i've never had Qdoba. Chiptole is amazing though.

gmillerdrake

Went with Qdoba based on the fact that on the couple times I've been to Chipotle I had unpleasant service experiences.

Phoenix87x

j

I think Chipotle has the best ingredients, so I prefer it over Freebirds or Qdoba.  Plus the last two cities I've lived in, once I eventually got to know the employees they would always load me up with extra chicken. :metal

-J

theseoafs

I have Chipotle very frequently (one of my favorite fast-food joints) and I've had Qdoba a few times as well.  Can't say I'm a huge fan -- the taste and price aren't any better.  So, Chipotle.

MetalMike06

Never had Qdoba, as we don't have them where I live. I do like Chipotle though.

Even when I've been to places that had Qdoba, I've never thought of trying one, because I thought for some reason they were more like Taco Bell fast food, rather than Chipotle/huge customized burritos.

LieLowTheWantedMan

Never even seen any of the places mentioned. :(

lonestar

Never heard of the other place, Chipotle suffices in a pinch, but with the zillions of killer Mexican joints around here,  you'd have to be an idiot to go there unless you had no choice.

bosk1

Quote from: lonestar on October 03, 2013, 12:55:38 AM
...Chipotle suffices in a pinch, but with the zillions of killer Mexican joints around here,  you'd have to be an idiot to go there unless you had no choice.

This.  Kinda like Olive Garden.  I mean, if friends want to get together and get something relatively fast and inexpensive, it'll do, and I'll enjoy it.  But if the goal is getting good food, and it's up to me, I'm NEVER picking fake, mass-produced, chain restaurant food over an authentic restaurant.

Fiery Winds

Quote from: El Barto on October 02, 2013, 06:05:48 PM
Chipotle is too expensive and both the menu and options are pretty limited.

Never heard of the other place, Chipotle suffices in a pinch, but with the zillions of killer Mexican joints around here,  you'd have to be an idiot to go there unless you had no choice.

Both of these.  My friends love Chipotle, but with literally a dozen better hole-in-the-wall taqueria's in the area, I end up passing whenever they go.

Nick

I've never heard of Qdoba, and only think I've had Chipotle once.

Quote from: El Barto on October 02, 2013, 06:05:48 PM
Chipotle is too expensive and both the menu and options are pretty limited.

Several times I thought about eating there again, but this is usually what I think.

bout to crash

I think I like Qdoba a little better, but I go to Chipotle a lot more because they're a Denver-based company and fucking everywhere. I don't really even think of it as "Mexican food" (which I'm not a huge fan of- also everywhere in Denver) but it's yummy.

Tick

People rant and rave about Chipotle. Its ok, but we have a franchise in Connecticut called, LaSalsa which makes Chipotle taste like dog food. Light years better!

Never heard of Qdoba.

senecadawg2

Chipotle suffices in a pinch, but with the zillions of killer Mexican joints around here,  you'd have to be an idiot to go there unless you had no choice.

Quote from: bosk1 on October 03, 2013, 07:23:19 AM
I'm NEVER picking fake, mass-produced, chain restaurant food over an authentic restaurant.

I know they call themselves the Chipotle Mexican Grill, but I've never even considered them to be Mexican food. They make burritos, pretty good by my standards, but that doesn't mean they're Mexican.  In that sense, I wouldn't even think of comparing them with more authentic Mexican restaurants. If I'm in the mood for Mexican  I'll choose a Mexican restaurant. But if I'm in the mood for an American burrito (a very different taste, that doesn't necessarily overlap with a Mexican craving), Chipotle is the best choice by far.

El Barto

Quote from: bout to crash on October 03, 2013, 10:48:10 AM
I don't really even think of it as "Mexican food" (which I'm not a huge fan of- also everywhere in Denver) but it's yummy.
The Mexican woman at our company refuses to eat Mexican food. The first time our company had it brought in, she threw hers in the dumpster. However, she loves taco-bell; can't get enough of it. Her rationale is that she makes good, real Mexican at home and prefers it to restaurant style tex-mex, and taco-bell is American food which she rarely gets to eat.

As for Denver Mexican food, I'm not a big fan, either. It seems kind of lost in what it wants to be. It's sort of a hybrid between Tex-mex and New Mexican, and doesn't really succeed as either.

orcus116

Qdoba. Their Ancho BBQ sauce is awesome. Chipotle is pretty run of the mill as far as burrito stuff goes. They don't have any special sauces or anything.

ZirconBlue

Quote from: senecadawg2 on October 02, 2013, 05:57:11 PM
Chipotle>Qdoba>>>>Moes

This.  Chipotle has the barbacoa, which is much better than anything the other places have to offer. 

nicmos

Qdoba is better.  Mostly for their salsa options, and in general a much wider variety on the menu so you don't get  bored if you go there often.  Their Mexican Gumbo is great, I've started making a version of it at home.  Sadly I don't live near one currently.

JayOctavarium

Quote from: Tick on October 03, 2013, 11:43:04 AM
People rant and rave about Chipotle. Its ok, but we have a franchise in Connecticut called, LaSalsa which makes Chipotle taste like dog food. Light years better!

Used to love LaSalsa... until the one near me closed. Never heard of Qdoba, and even though we have Chipotle and Freebirds around here... still have never tried'em.

There's always Baja Fresh :metal

Phoenix87x

Had chipotle today. It was spectacular.

orcus116

Quote from: ZirconBlue on October 04, 2013, 08:06:09 AM
Chipotle>Qdoba>>>>Moes

This.  Chipotle has the barbacoa, which is much better than anything the other places have to offer.

Barbacoa is just a fancy name for shredded beef. The last time I had it it didn't taste any different from shredded beef at other places. They certainly do not spice it or anything.

pogoowner

I've never even heard of Qdoba, so I won't vote. Chipotle is okay, but like others have said, it's not really worth the price. I'm not in an area with any particularly "legit" Mexican restaurants, though, so if that's what I was going for, it's not the worst option in the world.

We actually just got a Hot Head Burritos in my area, but I haven't tried it. Anyone else know anything about those?

TempusVox

Quote from: JayOctavarium on October 05, 2013, 02:23:00 PM

There's always Baja Fresh :metal

For these "fast-Mexican" style places, we used to eat at Baja Fresh when I lived in DC.  Here in the Nasty nati' we also have a place called Hot Head Burritos. Pretty decent. I love Chipotle Guac however. Actually I love Guac of jjst about any kind.

growthmusic57

Qdoba, I think. They seem to be more popular in St. Louis than Chipotle at least. Both are good though.  :metal

Scrub206

Chipotle 100%. No competition.

Implode

To all you people saying Chipotle isn't authentic Mexican: I don't really like Mexican food all that much. Maybe that's why I love Chipotle. :lol

ZirconBlue

Quote from: orcus116 on October 05, 2013, 02:27:18 PM
Quote from: ZirconBlue on October 04, 2013, 08:06:09 AM
Chipotle>Qdoba>>>>Moes

Barbacoa is just a fancy name for shredded beef. The last time I had it it didn't taste any different from shredded beef at other places. They certainly do not spice it or anything.

It tastes very different from anything offered at Qdoba, to me.

senecadawg2

Quote from: Implode on October 06, 2013, 08:07:12 AM
To all you people saying Chipotle isn't authentic Mexican: I don't really like Mexican food all that much. Maybe that's why I love Chipotle. :lol

Yeah, I prefer Chipotle to most authentic Mexican food as well.

hefdaddy42

Never been to Chipotle, but Qdoba is decent.

I'd much rather go to an actual Mexican place any day, though.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

carl320

I prefer Chipotle, if only because it's much closer than the closest Qdoba.