News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

2014-03-25 - Opera House - Boston, MA

Started by TAC, December 17, 2013, 02:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumborak

My best guess is that the first image is from another venue they used for practicing with the ensemble. Here's another image of the Opera House:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2718/4112619906_756c31f04d.jpg

So yeah, 9th row might be still a good distance away, TAC.

TAC

That's not too bad. As long as my kids can see.

I see Eren in the thread. Eren, where in town did you guys rehearse?
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

chrisgazpacho

Quote from: rumborak on March 25, 2014, 08:13:51 AM
The two images don't seem to match up at all.

The first image is from House of Blues in Boston.

Chris

cramx3

Venue looks nice.  I get more jelly every minute.

Onno

To everyone that's going: have fun! Should be great!

EstyMaJ

Quote from: TAC on March 25, 2014, 08:17:09 AM
Not at all. Could the first one be a rehersal hall somewhere in town?
Pretty sure i read the orchestra area is semi under the stage

King Postwhore

Nick is posting from the Freedom Trail.  Bostonians beware.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Awaken

Just ran into Jordan strolling by our hotel by the opera house. ...could not have been nicer to my wife and me.  Very stoked for the show after hearing how excited he is.......

Eren

The first picture is my rehearsal with orchestra only at a Berklee facility. Second one is from yesterday, rehearsal with band at House of Blues. Tonight, opera house!!

We ran through our part yesterday so smooth it was awesome. Everybody was really happy. I have no doubt you will all love it tonight. The venue is gorgeous as well.

mikeyd23

Quote from: Eren on March 25, 2014, 10:16:55 AM
The first picture is my rehearsal with orchestra only at a Berklee facility. Second one is from yesterday, rehearsal with band at House of Blues. Tonight, opera house!!

We ran through our part yesterday so smooth it was awesome. Everybody was really happy. I have no doubt you will all love it tonight. The venue is gorgeous as well.

Wow, that sounds great! Thanks for the update and have a great time tonight!!

Onearmedmidget

My setlist prediction:

Everything the same except

1-Adding Spirit Carries On After dance of eternity
2-Remove Lie from the setlist
3-Swap Along for the Ride with Space Dye Vest in the setlist order

cramx3

JP just posted a pic of a camera on facebook, a camera as in a film camera for recordng a DVD!

If they change the set at all, i hope they just add more from DT12.

Grizz

Quote from: Onearmedmidget on March 25, 2014, 11:59:41 AM
My setlist prediction:

Everything the same except

1-Adding Spirit Carries On After dance of eternity
2-Remove Lie from the setlist
3-Swap Along for the Ride with Space Dye Vest in the setlist order
Eren said there's no variation.

Also,

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

JayOctavarium

I thought Eren said there might be one addition to the setlist?

This was also a little bit ago though so IDK

Shadow2222

Quote from: JayOctavarium on March 25, 2014, 01:40:43 PM

I heard from a source they wanted to really make it a truly special dvd, so they will be playing The Spirit Carries On, and WIMH/TTTSTA. Because no Dream Theater dvd is complete without those three songs.

Tim van Duijn

Quote from: Shadow2222 on March 25, 2014, 01:54:07 PM

I heard from a source they wanted to really make it a truly special dvd, so they will be playing The Spirit Carries On, and WIMH/TTTSTA. Because no Dream Theater dvd is complete without those three songs.

Haha are you serious? They played The Spirit Carries On to death (Dramatic Tour of Events, Black Clouds tour, Chaos in Motion tour and also the Octavarium tour) and also appeared on Live at Luna Park.

I wonder what they'll do with OTBOA and BIA since those songs also appeared on LALP.

JayOctavarium

Quote from: Shadow2222 on March 25, 2014, 01:54:07 PM

omg... for a second I thought you were cereal

Shadow2222

:hat Sarcasm green would have been too easy ;)

That's actually the best thing about this DVD (the fact that those three songs aren't on it  :lol).

Apparently OTBOA and BAI are the new consistent repeats.

Tim van Duijn

Quote from: Shadow2222 on March 25, 2014, 02:39:57 PM
:hat Sarcasm green would have been too easy ;)

That's actually the best thing about this DVD (the fact that those three songs aren't on it  :lol).

Apparently OTBOA and BAI are the new consistent repeats.

haha you got me

rumborak

rumborak

Feel free to hate us. A DT concert program :)

rumborak

Whoever designed the concert program can't spell Massachusetts :)

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

PROGdrummer

Is this the show that was going to be filmed for the DVD?

Shadow2222

I just know that some poor soul has stayed away from the setlist and YouTube videos and just had the entire setlist spoiled for him when they opened that booklet  :lol

Also, at least people won't be clamoring for setlist updates, as we know that it is the same already.

TAC

They are absolutely crushing Trial Of Tears right now.
MM and JM are in the zone.

wasteland

Quote from: TAC on March 25, 2014, 05:14:43 PM
They are absolutely crushing Trial Of Tears right now.
MM and JM are in the zone.

How's James doing? :) *crosses fingers*

TAC

He's been good. He was great at the end of TOT.
JP has his serious face tonight.

James has lost weight.

Jordan seems very happy tonight. Nice to see.

Sacul

TAC

I'm standing behind the mixing desk looking at the split screen for the video editing. This DVD will be gorgeous.
Finishing Lie now. Setlist is the same.

goo-goo

Will this be an official release or part of the Official Bootleg series?
Also Im assuming The orchestra only played FAS with DT correct?

The Letter M

Which song(s) does the ensembles perform with the band? Judging by JR's video clip I saw earlier today, at LEAST "Illumination Theory".

-Marc.