This was my friend....

Started by jammindude, August 05, 2014, 09:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammindude

https://www.redding.com/news/local-news/motorcyclist-killed-in-logging-truck-accident

I was shattered when I got the news this afternoon.

The husband was riding lead for a group and spilled the bike to avoid the logs. His wife was struck and died at the scene. Their son was riding close by and managed to avoid everything.

She was a fellow Rush geek. I've been crying most of the night.

KevShmev

Jeez, that's awful. Sorry to hear this, man. :(

black_biff_stadler

Very sorry for your loss, Ben. I hope the near future isn't too sorrowful for you. Feel free to PM me if/when you need someone to vent to.

yeshaberto

that is very troubling...
so sorry to hear this JD

Dark Castle

WDADU

Sad to hear  :sad:  My condolences.

bl5150

bout to crash

Obfuscation

Man I'm sorry something like this happened to someone you know. My condolences to you and your friend's family.

PowerSlave

My most sincere condolences to you and yours.

EdenHazard

MoraWintersoul

I'm so sorry, man. I think I'm speaking on everyone's behalf when I say you can vent here anytime, we'll be glad to listen.

?

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

jammindude

I just woke up for work.   I didn't get a lot of sleep, and the shock is still sinking in.   

I've known her pretty well for about 10 years.   But mostly right now, I think about those left behind.   How her husband must feel...how her son must feel.   Her son is one of my son's best friends...and they're not even in town.    They were on vacation down there.     And as far as I know, the son saw it happen. 

I'm still hearing some things through mutual friends...my son and I both contacted the son last night.   But I think everyone down there is pretty overwhelmed.   It's my understanding that they are putting the bikes on a truck and coming back up soon.    No one wants to ride right now.   (we're keeping all names offline because there's still some family that hasn't been notified.)

Chino

Man, that's tough. Sorry about your loss. That's one of the main reasons I could never pull the trigger on a bike. You could be the safest rider in the world and still have something like this happen. The fact that it happened on vacation is really heart breaking. I had a friend from high school (his name was Matt. He just recently died of cancer two months ago) who was on vacation with his family in Seattle a few years back. They were on those bicycle taxi things, you know, the vehicles with two seats in the rear and a guy peddling up front. Well anyway, Matt and his brother were riding in one, and their mom and dad were in another one in front of them. A freak accident happened in the one his parents were in, and it resulted the father being killed on the spot and the mother was left paralyzed from the waist down. I can't imagine ever witnessing something like that. Good luck to the members of your family as well as the family of the deceased.

Onno

jingle.boy

I can't imagine going through something like this.  Hope you're able to cope and deal with your grief JD.  You've got a 'family' here you can lean on.
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

gmillerdrake

News like this is heartbreaking....sorry for your loss.....

Zydar

FlyingBIZKIT

Extremely sorry to hear about this. This is awful

bosk1

Oh man, so sorry to hear that.  :(

El Barto

bout to crash

Quote from: Chino on August 06, 2014, 05:45:27 AM
Man, that's tough. Sorry about your loss. That's one of the main reasons I could never pull the trigger on a bike. You could be the safest rider in the world and still have something like this happen. The fact that it happened on vacation is really heart breaking. I had a friend from high school (his name was Matt. He just recently died of cancer two months ago) who was on vacation with his family in Seattle a few years back. They were on those bicycle taxi things, you know, the vehicles with two seats in the rear and a guy peddling up front. Well anyway, Matt and his brother were riding in one, and their mom and dad were in another one in front of them. A freak accident happened in the one his parents were in, and it resulted the father being killed on the spot and the mother was left paralyzed from the waist down. I can't imagine ever witnessing something like that. Good luck to the members of your family as well as the family of the deceased.

Jesus, that's crazy. Did someone hit the pedicab or what?

lonestar

So sorry for your loss bud, just tragic.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Neon

I'm so sorry to hear...so awful.   :(

CrimsonSunrise

Wow....  so sorry JD.  Thoughts are with you and her family.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Sketchy

Oh hell, that sucks massively. Sorry to hear it.

jammindude

Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts.   

It's been a rough week.    :'(

TempusVox

Wow Ben...not sure how I missed this. So sorry to hear that. Hope everyone can find comfort from this soon.

jammindude

Too much death in my life lately.   :-[

There is a favor maybe someone could do for me.

As I mentioned,  we were both music geeks and we would toss suggestions back and forth (I showed her Porcupine Tree and she really liked it). But one of the bands she was always trying to get me to check out,  but I never got around to it (though I did check out a few songs I enjoyed) was Explosions in the Sky. They are an instrumental post rock band, and I know they have been mentioned here by a few people.

Are there any fans of EitS who can point me to one of their albums to check out?