News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

Post Yur Piture Thead v. Surfin' Bird

Started by Nick, August 22, 2014, 07:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyperplex

New Facebook profile pic, for the first time in years.

Progmetty

I check this thread once every two or three month on average and as far back as I remember whenever I check it Hyperplex is the first picture I see :lol
Lookin good bro!

Orbert

Hyperplex sightings are pretty rare.  I know I've caught one before, but it's been a while.

Hyperplex

Hah thanks guys. I pop around every now and then to make sure you all know I'm not quite dead yet.

JayOctavarium

Ignore the fact that this is a "Stuck in traffic selfie."

I've actually been enjoying my hair. I have it growing out in a way that I like.

jingle.boy

Oh, look who I bumped into tonight. 

Bite it, DTF.   :biggrin:  Wish you were here (but not really, we had too much fun on our own)

Quote from: Jamesman42 on Today at 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Nick

Quote from: jingle.boy on September 30, 2015, 08:14:17 PM
Oh, look who I bumped into tonight. 

Bite it, DTF.   :biggrin:  Wish you were here (but not really, we had too much fun on our own)

Now, my question is, what the hell were you doing in Kentucky?

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Nick

Quote from: jingle.boy on September 30, 2015, 09:18:21 PM
And by "Kentucky", you meant "Texas"?

No, you're a Cannuck and not privy to as much bad American news as you could be, and I'm guess some others might get the joke.

In either case, that's really cool you had another DTF meetup!

jingle.boy

Scratching another name off the DTF bucket list!

JayOctavarium

DebraKadabra

When Texas and Canada collide. MADNESS ENSUES!!! :lol

Had a total blast and ate some damn fine food. Chad had the beers, I had a ROOT beer heh. :biggrin: 11/10, would knock off of work again.

King Postwhore

Deb, Chad didn't have Scotch?  Glad you to met up!!
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

jingle.boy

It was not a scotch-like establishment. I should've taken a pic of all the taps. You'd have been I heaven. And I popped Deb's cherry re: Poutine.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

bout to crash

Weymolith

Tick

Oldie but a goodie! The things we do for our kids!

Tick

bout to crash

King Postwhore

Rich, that should be your Halloween avatar.  :lol

Orbert

Band pictures!

Readers of The Musician's Chat Thread know the months of grueling hell it has taken to get us to this point, but we actually played a gig last night.  We didn't make a lot, but it was my first paying gig in over 30 years, and hopefully the first of more to come.

Steve on Guitar, Orbert on Keyboards, Anne on Lead Vocals, JT on Drums, John on Guitar, Jerry on Bass.

bout to crash

Oh wow, I didn't realize none of the gigs you'd done recently were paying. Well, cool on gettin' some green!

Orbert

The band played two gigs last year, both were gratis (a charity event and a block party just for the experience), then after the band imploded and regrouped, we had two gigs earlier this year, both of which got cancelled.  The first one was also a block party, but we would've gotten $300 if it hadn't rained.  The second was another charity event, again to get a gig under our belt, and because it was an important venue.  One of the questions potential clubs ask is "Where have you played before?"  To be able to say we played at this place would have been big.

All the church stuff I've done the past five years has been volunteer.  Lotsa fun, lotsa work, no cash.

So we finally, finally played an actual gig for money last night.  It was a shitty little club, and the owner was an asshole, but there was a booking agent dude there who said he was impressed.  That right there was probably the biggest payoff of the night.

Tick

mike099

My granddaughter in her walking dead onesie.

JayOctavarium

Ladies (and black_floyd),  get in line.

bout to crash

:lol, that terrified expression is so hot.

You guys will appreciate this. I read at an event called My Teenage Angst tonight. Basically you read from your embarrassing diary for 5 minutes and it's hilarious. I like to get into character. Last time I read from when I was 11-12 and really into Pantera, so I wore a Pantera shirt and a flannel (because it was the nineties). This time I read from my age 15 diary, and I basically dressed like myself at that age (super Jersey hoop earrings and all):

My "theme song" was Space-Dye Vest. Except they were having some tech issues so I didn't get a song. Last time it was "Walk" by Pantera  :metal

JayOctavarium

black_biff_stadler

Jay, I'll fight dem bitches to the death. Good look for you indeed. Only thing I might change is going for a slightly less wet look. 100% pure aloe vera (and I mean 100%...no green shit, just clear) can shape hair very well and you can just add it gradually until you hair begins to stay the way you like and finish it with hair spray.

Jaccolade, that's a fantastic bit of method acting with the two homages to former Jackie  :hefdaddy

hefdaddy42

Me and my youngest daughter Kayley yesterday.

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

King Postwhore

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

jingle.boy

bout to crash

Adorable! I am now officially a crazy cat lady: