What album are you listening to? v.4

Started by Nick, August 22, 2014, 07:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Train of Naught

And you havent even touched their 3 best albums yet. Damn, you're in for a treat.

home

Awesome man, what album should I listen to next?  :azn:

Train of Naught

I think it's a toss up between De-loused in the Comatorium and Bedlam in Goliath. De-loused is the more popular choice out of the two and is closer to Noctourniquet musically. Bedlam has a lot more of that chaotic TMV style (which is mainly why I got into them). I'd go with De-loused first.

And save Frances The Mute for last, the best album  :hat

jakepriest

bl5150

wolfking

bl5150

kaos2900

Big Hath

Sacul

I'm revisiting Devin's discography too.

Train of Naught

Evermind

Listening to the new Avantasia and also preparing to the Steven Wilson concert next week.

Hair blown in an open car
We'll chain the light
We'll take the time from those it does to death

:facepalm:
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

SebastianPratesi

Quote from: home on February 10, 2016, 02:17:44 AM

First time listening to The Mars Volta and  :omg: :omg: it's amazing! I haven't listened to something that immediatly clicked so well in a long time, so good.

So cool you like it. "Zed & Two Naughts" & "Aegis" are two of my favourite songs by the band, and "The Malkin Jewel" has this creepy atmosphere which I've always liked from them.

Quote from: home on February 10, 2016, 02:36:06 AM
Awesome man, what album should I listen to next?  :azn:

Yeah, pretty much what Train_of_Naught said. Noctourniquet (as I recall) has much more keyboard/electronic sounds than the 3 albums before it, so if you like that vibe, De-loused In The Comatorium is a good place to go. It also features Flea on bass in almost all of the record  :metal

ASacrificedSon

jakepriest

Quote from: Train of Naught on February 10, 2016, 09:13:50 AM

How is Odyssey? I really want to check it out but I just need to find the time to do it. I love Ashe's vocals.

Sacul

bl5150

Train of Naught

Quote from: jakepriest on February 10, 2016, 04:51:22 PM
Quote from: Train of Naught on February 10, 2016, 09:13:50 AM

How is Odyssey? I really want to check it out but I just need to find the time to do it. I love Ashe's vocals.
If you like Ashe it's pretty much a given that you'll like it. This is no Altered State but it's still very good.

Crow

sacul's roulette got me addicted to east of the wall for like the third time this week so i'm checking out bands in a somewhat similar vein
this is pretty cool instrumental stuff, some post-rock, some post-metal, some math rock. might need to give this another spin but yeah i can see myself getting this and enjoying it a lot

Crow

this is really technical music but on some level i enjoy it even on first listen
gonna check out some of their other stuff soon, tomorrow might just be a wasted day listening to nothing but weird metal music

jjrock88

wolfking

Quote from: jjrock88 on February 11, 2016, 03:30:23 AM
Black Sabbath- Forbidden

Easily the weakest of the Martin era, but still some really strong songs on this one.  No where near as bad as everyone made it out to be IMO.

Train of Naught

Big Hath

Sacul

Quote from: Parama on February 10, 2016, 11:28:17 PM
sacul's roulette got me addicted to east of the wall for like the third time this week
You're welcome, I guess? :lol

Crow

this is pretty cool stuff, though maybe not quite what i was looking for but y'know, that's fine
shame that the disc looks basically impossible to find, i haven't found it yet
their other album is pretty easy to find though so maybe i'll check it too

Progmetty

Today is the first day that albums from before The Astonishing came out are coming back to my listening cycle, so now:

and I'll be checking this out for the first time:

Crow

this is a little rough around the edges but the music is still cool, they weren't really sludge metal at this point in time so the album again has a completely different feel from any EotW stuff

Crow

honestly i only gave them an 8 in my roulette because of the ending of the song so i probably should've checked this out earlier, but anyways here we are. this is pretty cool stuff, dunno if it's like the best thing in the world right now but, yeah, i can dig it

Crow

some pretty solid alt rock but not sure this will be something i have too much interest in getting, especially since looking into them they're not really EotW-related, just contemporaries

RoeDent

Lunatic Soul: Walking on a Flashlight Beam

First spin for this album, which I bought today. The perfect mix of rock and electronica for a Kscope album. I'm beginning to recognize similar traits between certain bands/artists on that label. It has a distinct sound.

Tyrias

Having a laid back evening and just relaxong to some easy-going albums:

Converge - All we love we leave behind
Converge - Jane Doe

Train of Naught

Quote from: Progmetty on February 11, 2016, 09:26:29 AM
and I'll be checking this out for the first time:

Good for you, amazing album. Have you heard other Act albums before?

Now listening:

Crow

wouldn't say this left much of an impression on me at first listen but it's solid enough stuff. will need to relisten though for sure.