The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave

Started by Chino, January 25, 2022, 11:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamesman42

Quote from: mike099 on July 16, 2024, 02:20:47 PMThose that use gummies, do you chew and swallow or let them dissolve in your mouth?
I've read to chew it til it's liquid and let it sit under your tongue for 30 seconds to a minute for a better high. So I do that, and I haven't done it without doing that and it works well.
\o\ lol /o/

cramx3

Never heard to do that, but that's how you would do a tincture (droplet under the tongue).  My impression was that's to get the high faster, not a different high, but I could be wrong.  I just eat the gummies.

Jamesman42

You're probably right, maybe for a faster high. 
\o\ lol /o/

Phoenix87x

There's blood vessels under the tongue, so the idea is it goes right into the bloodstream as opposed to the extra digestion time in the stomach to get into the blood stream.

I've always just swallowed a capsule so I can't comment on if it feels any different.

cramx3

My gf bought some gummies that are labelled as quick acting, and she said they were legit hitting her in like 15 or so minutes.  Not sure how that works. 

Jamesman42

Quote from: cramx3 on July 17, 2024, 08:26:45 AMMy gf bought some gummies that are labelled as quick acting, and she said they were legit hitting her in like 15 or so minutes.  Not sure how that works. 
They were made with blood vessels.
\o\ lol /o/

mike099

There was an article today with the title 'Ohio rejects medical weed for female orgasmic difficulty disorder, autism.
In Connecticut autism and orgasmic difficulty disorder have been approved.
How would a doctor be able to diagnose an orgasmic issue?
Wife in Connecticut to husband.  Good news honey I can now get pot.  Sorry, I was faking it all along.

Skeever

Quote from: cramx3 on July 17, 2024, 08:26:45 AMMy gf bought some gummies that are labelled as quick acting, and she said they were legit hitting her in like 15 or so minutes.  Not sure how that works. 

This is my least favorite thing about THC and why I'd rather just drink.
I like knowing what is happening to me, not just being like "huh?" and then waking up completely out of my mind after I've gone to bed seemingly normal.

With alcohol I like how the response hits right away, even if it's low ABV, it feels more kinetic like you're "playing" with something. I have only done edibles a few times since they've become available in my state, and my tolerance is very low, but also I just don't like the feeling of it being a total crapshoot.

Devil you know, or something like that!

Orbert

The gummies I get are very, very consistent.  There's the one-hour ramp-up with basic effects after 30 minutes, four hours of solid buzz, then an hour cooldown.  It's so consistent that I actually plan my evenings and weekends on a six-hour experience per hit.  Do a hit at 5 PM, I'm good until 11, and I usually go to bed between 11 and midnight.  Weekends, my first hit is 11 AM, then "refresh" the buzz at 5 PM.  It works out really well.  For me, smoking is much more a crapshoot than edibles.  If I really want to get blitzed, I can always smoke and get totally baked, but for everyday buzzing, I prefer the consistency and predictability of edibles.

Jamesman42

Smoking is nice for the immediate high and then going from there, but edibles as a slow ramp is pretty great once you know your tolerance. Getting too high off an edible is miserable and takes a while to navigate. Had that happen twice.
\o\ lol /o/

TheHoveringSojourn808

one time I accidentally ate 500 mg of chocolate edibles

Jamesman42

Quote from: TheHoveringSojourn808 on July 30, 2024, 07:42:23 PMone time I accidentally ate 500 mg of chocolate edibles
Please tell us how you felt!
\o\ lol /o/

TheHoveringSojourn808

Quote from: Jamesman42 on July 30, 2024, 07:46:04 PMPlease tell us how you felt!

I had a bit of a mishap and thought it would be good to share the details so you all understand what's been going on with me. Over the weekend, I accidentally ingested 500mg of THC chocolates. Yeah, I know, it sounds insane, and it was definitely not intentional. I didn't realize how potent they were, and before I knew it, I was in way over my head. Shortly after consuming the chocolates, I started experiencing some pretty intense gastrointestinal issues. I won't go into all the gross details, but let's just say it was extremely unpleasant. Nausea, vomiting, severe stomach cramps—you name it, I had it. It felt like my stomach was doing somersaults, and I couldn't keep anything down. On top of that, I was dealing with the usual effects of such a high dose of THC: dizziness, confusion, and an overwhelming sense of paranoia. It was a rough combination, and I ended up being pretty much incapacitated for a couple of days. I've been hydrating, resting, and slowly getting back to normal, but it's been a rough ride. I learned a hard lesson about being more cautious with edibles and definitely respecting their potency. Sorry for any missed messages or commitments. Thanks for your understanding and patience while I get back on my feet.

Chino

Quote from: TheHoveringSojourn808 on July 30, 2024, 07:42:23 PMone time I accidentally ate 500 mg of chocolate edibles

Woof. I ate 100mg bar before entering Meow Wolf in Denver and was in a walking coma in no time. Called it quits after seeing about half of the building. 500 would be way too intense for me, and I'm probably the heaviest user I know.

cramx3

Quote from: Skeever on July 30, 2024, 04:45:46 PMThis is my least favorite thing about THC and why I'd rather just drink.
I like knowing what is happening to me, not just being like "huh?" and then waking up completely out of my mind after I've gone to bed seemingly normal.

With alcohol I like how the response hits right away, even if it's low ABV, it feels more kinetic like you're "playing" with something. I have only done edibles a few times since they've become available in my state, and my tolerance is very low, but also I just don't like the feeling of it being a total crapshoot.

Devil you know, or something like that!

TBF, this is not a "THC" issue, it's an edible thing.  You can smoke it and feel it instantly.

Quote from: Orbert on July 30, 2024, 07:29:54 PMThe gummies I get are very, very consistent.  There's the one-hour ramp-up with basic effects after 30 minutes, four hours of solid buzz, then an hour cooldown.  It's so consistent that I actually plan my evenings and weekends on a six-hour experience per hit.  Do a hit at 5 PM, I'm good until 11, and I usually go to bed between 11 and midnight.  Weekends, my first hit is 11 AM, then "refresh" the buzz at 5 PM.  It works out really well.  For me, smoking is much more a crapshoot than edibles.  If I really want to get blitzed, I can always smoke and get totally baked, but for everyday buzzing, I prefer the consistency and predictability of edibles.

Yeah, for my gummies it's a consistent feeling and timing, but I'm experienced and using the same product.  If you are trying out different things or don't have a ton of experience, you can definiely find yourself in a situation that's not ideal.

Quote from: Chino on July 31, 2024, 06:47:45 AMWoof. I ate 100mg bar before entering Meow Wolf in Denver and was in a walking coma in no time. Called it quits after seeing about half of the building. 500 would be way too intense for me, and I'm probably the heaviest user I know.

Actually had an edible before going there as well last month.

In other news... the "un licensed" spot I've been going to in NYC for the last year or so to get the high potency gummies seemingly got shut down as they were closed and reviews online said they were closed unexpectedly too... well I went back last weekend OOC to see if maybe they would be back open and they were! The people there told me though that their hours are whack now and inconsistent.  Sounds like they are trying to play games with law enforcement lol I got some more goods while there, but in case they close down again, I also scooped up recently a bunch of cheap home grown bud to make my own butter with again.  The cookies we make are soooo good.

Skeever

Quote from: cramx3 on July 31, 2024, 07:52:55 AMTBF, this is not a "THC" issue, it's an edible thing.  You can smoke it and feel it instantly.

That I get, but I've got no interest in the alternative methods of delivery, so beer it is.

cramx3

Quote from: Skeever on July 31, 2024, 01:16:31 PMThat I get, but I've got no interest in the alternative methods of delivery, so beer it is.

An option, drop some tincture in that beer, or under your tongue directly, then have a sip  :lol (it won't taste good) The tincture is liquid and will hit you quicker than an edible if it goes under the tongue for quicker absorption into the blood stream. I find even if you drop it in a drink, it still its quicker than an edible.  They are usually low dose so easier to experiment how many drops you need.  I have some that my buddy home made.  It's not great for my high tolerance, but my gf enjoys the feeling with a few drops in a drink. I always forget I even have this.

Stadler

Quote from: cramx3 on July 31, 2024, 02:21:48 PMAn option, drop some tincture in that beer, or under your tongue directly, then have a sip  :lol (it won't taste good) The tincture is liquid and will hit you quicker than an edible if it goes under the tongue for quicker absorption into the blood stream. I find even if you drop it in a drink, it still its quicker than an edible.  They are usually low dose so easier to experiment how many drops you need.  I have some that my buddy home made.  It's not great for my high tolerance, but my gf enjoys the feeling with a few drops in a drink. I always forget I even have this.

When we meet up next, remind me to ask about that. (I kid; I'll remember, but giving you a heads up!) :).

cramx3

Quote from: Stadler on August 01, 2024, 06:07:57 AMWhen we meet up next, remind me to ask about that. (I kid; I'll remember, but giving you a heads up!) :).

:tup  although I'm likely to forget

wgrio

I think medical CBD should be approved for everything. I mean, why not. It's used for cancer, so why not for autism.

Or at least there should be special cannabis clinics where you can get prescribed CBD.

Jamesman42

CBD is legal though? Do you mean THC?
\o\ lol /o/

ReaperKK

Yea as far as I'm aware cbd is legal in all 50 states