Haken v. new single Nightingale (April 26)

Started by Nick, October 31, 2014, 11:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kocak

I hate announcements of announcements.

GasparXR

Quote from: Kocak on October 10, 2021, 05:38:32 PM
I hate announcements of announcements.

And here we are, announcing that there's been an announcement of an upcoming announcement.

Fritzinger

Quote from: jammindude on October 10, 2021, 03:20:48 PM
Finally announcing Diego's replacement?

I don't think they would post a Facebook status update like this one for Diego's replacement. The band still hasn't announced Diego is even leaving the band so I guess many casual Haken-listeners don't even know it.

I think this is something tour-related. New tour dates or something.

cramx3

I'd guess NA tour with Symphony X

cramx3

Yup!

Pretty cool how it starts in NYC and ends in NJ!  I may be able to see the first and last show of this tour

Elite

Is it a co-headline tour? That would make sense, since I'd assume both bands would be perfectly capable of doing such a tour on their own. I might be wrong of course.
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Ben_Jamin

Dammit, I knew our cheap ass state was not going to reschedule this tour with Haken. Oh well, guess it's Denver for me.

cramx3

Quote from: Elite on October 11, 2021, 09:08:28 AM
Is it a co-headline tour? That would make sense, since I'd assume both bands would be perfectly capable of doing such a tour on their own. I might be wrong of course.

Nothing I read from the social media posts says "co-headlining" and of course they could tour on their own, but maybe to smaller venues.  Last couple times Haken performed in NYC it was at a 500 person capacity venue, this time it's 1000 capacity venue for example. 

Personally, I'd rather Haken headline.  I've struggled to get into SX, but regardless, I will check them out and maybe my mind will be changed.

RodrigoAltaf

Symphony X eats Haken for breakfast and poops it around 11am. But I will see this show in Toronto.

Elite

Quote from: RodrigoAltaf on October 11, 2021, 09:15:50 AM
Symphony X eats Haken for breakfast and poops it around 11am.

Symphony X has a fast metabolism!
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:

RodrigoAltaf

Quote from: Elite on October 11, 2021, 09:34:11 AM

They have breakfast pretty early...

ariich

SX have top-billing so I'm fairly sure this is their tour, but I'd guess at Haken having a pretty decent length set.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

gmillerdrake

Love that they're heading to StL!  :metal     I was a week away from seeing the HAKEN full Affinity show with the family when it was cancelled due to Covid. We were all super bummed. And, I've never seen SX so that'll be cool!

DTwwbwMP

Keswick Theater I AM THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :metal

Ben_Jamin

Quote from: ariich on October 11, 2021, 09:46:59 AM
SX have top-billing so I'm fairly sure this is their tour, but I'd guess at Haken having a pretty decent length set.

Yup, it's a reformation of their 20th anniversary tour that was supposed to be with Primal Fear and Firewind. They, or the people in charge of their tour, decided to add Haken in.

I'm just pissed because I knew that once I saw Haken from that date leak a while back, I knew our tour date was going to be dropped because of the fact that our tour was only coming because of the more Power Metal type of tour lineup, which sells in our state. A reworking with a not well known band here in New Mexico, was the likely factor in the venue not booking dates.

I'm actually quite excited though that Symphony X and Haken are touring together, and it's a great incentive to drive out to Denver, and I saw a Mesa date and may even do that date.

me7

Quote from: Elite on October 11, 2021, 09:34:11 AM

If only they were as fast when they write albums.

axeman90210

Was expecting this to be the announcement, will definitely catch at least one show.

On a personal level though, the venue for the NJ show is *literally* only a mile and a half from my parents' house (where I currently live). No bands anywhere near the top of my favorites list have ever come and played there, the only music concerts I've ever seen there are two tours from Slash and Myles Kennedy (which, to be fair, were great shows). I'm set to move to Florida probably by the spring, and the Wellmont is getting Transatlantic and Haken within less than two months of each other. Total bullshit :lol  :censored

Anguyen92

Yeah, show in Santa Ana which is about a 20 minute drive on one street for me?  Maybe, depending on scheduling.  I'm not familiar with either bands, but two decent name value bands at the local club in the OC?  I'm intrigued.

Loudwire says it's co-headlining.  Maybe Haken gets an hour and Symphony X gets 75 minutes?

QuoteSymphony X will celebrate their 25th anniversary with a 2022 North American tour. The progressive metal act will co-headline with fellow prog fiends Haken.

https://loudwire.com/symphony-x-haken-2022-north-american-tour/

jammindude

Are SX more popular than Haken? I know they've been around a lot longer, but I thought Haken were like THE darlings of progressive metal at this point. I certainly hear a lot more buzz about them than SX.

I mean, when SX came to Seattle a few years ago they co-headlined with Overkill and I certainly consider Haken to be more popular than Overkill.

cramx3

Quote from: Anguyen92 on October 11, 2021, 10:48:03 AM
Yeah, show in Santa Ana which is about a 20 minute drive on one street for me?  Maybe, depending on scheduling.  I'm not familiar with either bands, but two decent name value bands at the local club in the OC?  I'm intrigued.

Loudwire says it's co-headlining.  Maybe Haken gets an hour and Symphony X gets 75 minutes?

QuoteSymphony X will celebrate their 25th anniversary with a 2022 North American tour. The progressive metal act will co-headline with fellow prog fiends Haken.

https://loudwire.com/symphony-x-haken-2022-north-american-tour/

If that's true, I'd guess it'll be similar to the Haken/Leprous tour.  Both bands get 75 minutes, but one band (in this case SX) goes on last.

Anguyen92

Well, "Anniversary" tours can be bigger for a band than if SX was doing a regular tour on a new album.

cramx3

Quote from: jammindude on October 11, 2021, 10:50:13 AM
Are SX more popular than Haken? I know they've been around a lot longer, but I thought Haken were like THE darlings of progressive metal at this point. I certainly hear a lot more buzz about them than SX.

I mean, when SX came to Seattle a few years ago they co-headlined with Overkill and I certainly consider Haken to be more popular than Overkill.

I'd say SX being around much longer have probably a slightly bigger draw.  SX also haven't toured the US in some time so there could be some more interest than Haken who have been touring the US quite a bit before the pandemic hit.  Just some speculation on my part.

countoftuscany42

Symphony X have been around much longer but haven't maintained the momentum to really grow their fanbase imo, partially due to Amob taking RA's focus, hopefully this means there'll be some new music on the horizon!  Will definitely be at the LA show, haven't seen Symphony X since Wacken '16.
Love the Keswick, seems like a strange venue for this tour though, especially when looking at some of the other venues they're playing.  I've been in philly this weekend for the first time in 5 years, the Fillmore seems like a better fit for this show but i'm sure it'll be great either way.  :metal

Mosh

jammindude

Quote from: Mosh on October 11, 2021, 02:04:02 PM
So who's going to be on keys?

It's just so weird that they are not saying anything. They must know that a good portion of their fan base has figured it out.

They kind of have to say something before the first show, don't they?

ariich

I mean, you'd surely have to think so!

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

Buddyhunter1

They won't announce anything and the entire tour the new keyboardist will be wearing a Michael Meyers-esque mask of Diego.

Elite

Quote from: ariich on October 11, 2021, 02:24:27 PM
I mean, you'd surely have to think so!

It's your brother, isn't it?

ariich

Nick

Glenside and Montclair are locks for me. NYC and Baltimore we'll see how things pan out.

Mosh

Is it a sure thing that Diego is out of the band? It's very weird they haven't said anything. If it is a legal issue, an anonymous keyboard player in a Michael Meyers mask may be an actual possibility.

Nick

Quote from: Mosh on October 11, 2021, 05:21:44 PM
Is it a sure thing that Diego is out of the band?

I've done it earlier in the thread, but I will assure you, unequivocally, that Diego is no longer in Haken.

jammindude

Quote from: Mosh on October 11, 2021, 05:21:44 PM
Is it a sure thing that Diego is out of the band?

Links have been posted a couple of times here and there, but basically legal pubic records came to light that showed Diego was removed from the Haken legal entity. That alongside the stink that Diego raised just before that happened (he put his own version of  "Host" I believe it was??? It was quickly removed followed by total silence by all parties)

I'm going from memory, so maybe someone can correct me on the finer details...but I'm relatively certain this is about 95% correct

KevShmev

And yet the band still says nothing about it?  That is kinda poor to announce a new tour and not acknowledge a significant member departure.  This isn't 1990.  This is 2021 where you can keep fans in the loop easily via social media.

Sadly, I have zero interest in going to this.  I don't care about Symphony X, and I am sure Haken is likely to heavily feature the last album, one I didn't really like much, so this is a hard pass from me. 

Nick

Quote from: KevShmev on October 11, 2021, 06:14:53 PM
And yet the band still says nothing about it?  That is kinda poor to announce a new tour and not acknowledge a significant member departure.  This isn't 1990.  This is 2021 where you can keep fans in the loop easily via social media.

As I've also said earlier in this thread, I highly doubt the band is keeping us from an announcement simply because they don't want to let us know. It should tell you something that Diego also hasn't said anything publicly.