Clash of Clans

Started by Elite, November 25, 2014, 06:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elite

Does anyone here on DTF play this game? I've recently 'discovered' it and I've been playing ever since. It would be fun to see some fellow DTF'ers on there!
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Chino

Wow. Crazy. I was just thinking of making a thread about this earlier. I started playing about two weeks ago. I like it, but I refuse to buy into the micro-transactions. I don't always hate them, but in this particular game... they are beyond over-priced.

My name is "Sir Brian"

Elite

Haha, funny how things go. I started playing this last week and I'm really enjoying it so far. And you definitely shouldn't spend money on the game, as it's only a way to speed things up. Though I must say, some of the upgrades take a ridiculously long time.

Also, my name is 'Richard', which doesn't help one bit. I've seen numerous other people with the same name in the game so far. I had no clue you couldn't change your name afterwards.
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:

Chino

Quote from: Elite on November 25, 2014, 06:49:58 AM
Haha, funny how things go. I started playing this last week and I'm really enjoying it so far. And you definitely shouldn't spend money on the game, as it's only a way to speed things up. Though I must say, some of the upgrades take a ridiculously long time.

Also, my name is 'Richard', which doesn't help one bit. I've seen numerous other people with the same name in the game so far. I had no clue you couldn't change your name afterwards.

I'm at the point where I need to upgrade my main building to level 8 to unlock the next level of defenses and army stuff. My main building is only at level 5 right now. Just to get it to level six takes four days (or like $9 real money), I can't imagine how long levels 7 and 8 take. You can get a third builder for 500 of those emerald things. I have 440 right now. I'm hell bent on getting to 500 without having to actually buy any.

I'm down to try and make a clan.

rumborak

I played it for a while, and paid once to get another builder shed.
However, it quickly became clear that the only way of truly advancing in the game is by dumping a ton of money into it. The top 1 guy at some point could only maintain his status by having professional sponsors.
The totaly inability of directing your forces during an attack also kind of pissed me off.
So, I stopped playing.

Chino

The thing that really irritates the fuck out of me is the direction the mobile gaming industry went. Nothing but a bunch of level-based mini games that milk a dollar or two at a time from people. I'd have no problem spending $30-$50 on a good quality title that didn't require micro-transactions to bypass a clock to enjoy.

Chino

Quote from: rumborak on November 25, 2014, 07:02:44 AM
I played it for a while, and paid once to get another builder shed.
However, it quickly became clear that the only way of truly advancing in the game is by dumping a ton of money into it. The top 1 guy at some point could only maintain his status by having professional sponsors.
The totaly inability of directing your forces during an attack also kind of pissed me off.
So, I stopped playing.

Yeah. That really aggravates me. You send out a half dozen troops to take down a tower and they go for a random wall instead... while in the meantime, the tower that they should have attacked slowly kills them.

rumborak

And that's the thing. Without paying money, it takes days to build an army sometimes, and when you the see all that evaporate in a matter of seconds because you can't even give a basic direction to the guys... meh.
When I started playing it I had hoped it would be a game of deep strategy like Age of Empires. But, all it comes down to is upgrading (with money) your forces so they are no longer hurt by the defenses of whoever you attack.

Chino

That's another thing  :lol You lose troops even if they don't die! What the shit is that? I can totally understand losing the troops that die, but your reward for victory is having to build your army again?

I actually don't know why I play this. I complain about it more than I praise. Are their any other decent multiplayer games for Android?

rumborak

Quote from: Chino on November 25, 2014, 07:26:10 AM
I actually don't know why I play this.

The popularity of the game stuns me, seriously.

bosk1

I play Greed for Glory, which is VERY similar.  Too deep into it to change over to CoC. 

Ben_Jamin

Played it once, got bored and deleted it. I despise games that make you upgrade with time. Its like, okay what to do now, reminds me of Simpsons tapped out.

Elite

Oh, I don't mind this at all. It's not like the game is designed for you to continuously play it. You just do some stuff for a couple of minutes, then leave and come back in some hours.

Dublagent66

You don't really play CoC.  You open the app periodically to check on your upgrades and how many trophies you gained/lost from the last attack.  Everything costs too much and takes too much time.  It's meh...

Elite

Well, you can of course just attack other people after each other and actively 'play' the game. Like I said, the game is not made for continuous play, but more for just a couple of minutes a day.

bosk1

Well, my understanding (again, assuming it is similar to Greed for Glory) is that that is how it works if you are basically just playing the single player game, but if you join a larger clan, you are interacting with others to speed up each other's buildings, army creation, etc., and you team up with your clan to fight wars.  That not only makes the game more fun and interesting, but provides for constant gameplay throughout the day rather than just a few minutes each day.  At least, again, that is how Greed for Glory works, and that game is a blast.

Elite

I tried looking up Greed for Glory, but it's not available on the Apple Store. Is it an Android (only) game?

bosk1

Hmm, not sure.  I play it on Android, but I didn't think it would be an Android-only game.

EDIT:  Just saw a post on Facebook where some dude said it doesn't show up in the U.S. app store, but if you temporarily change your settings to Canada app store, it will show up.  You may want to give it a try.