DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!

Started by ariich, March 21, 2015, 04:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

Oh, and I'd do the mashed potato.  :lol
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

BlobVanDam

King Postwhore

:lol

Sometimes old t0'school dancer. Lol
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

BlobVanDam

In the course of my highly productive day, I have calculated that the viewscreen on the original Enterprise is an 84" diagonal display. Some other site calculated it at 136". Pffffft. I'll trust my calculations over theirs, since I built the entire set to get to that figure. :blob:

King Postwhore

Thanks Spock.  I am dealing with the irrational today going to my friend's daughters 16th birthday.   I know Blob, but I held her in my hands in the hospital.   Now she wants the world. Crazy..

BlobVanDam

She's only sixteeeeeeeen....... nah, that doesn't so well.

I'm sure there will be cake. Your presence is mandatory.

King Postwhore

I demand 2 slices as my appearance fee.

Kotowboy

What up Gang !

My new rota starts tomorrow !

I'm in from 2pm - 3:30pm to clean the kitchen on Mondays and Thursdays..

I'm off Tuesdays and Wednesdays

Friday Saturday and Sunday are normal 4 - 6 hour days. :)

Should be doing about 18 hours a week but it'll be nice to have two days off back-to-back as I've only had Tuesday off since the summer began !!

Mind you I have saved up a lot of money from all the extra hours so paying rent shouldn't be a problem for a while !!

Cleaning from 2pm - 3:30pm tomorrow then two days off then back in for 90 minutes on Thursday = can not wait :coolio

BlobVanDam

ReaperKK

I had a nice weekend off, time to get back to work :(

BlobVanDam

Chino

If I was given the option of getting no vacation time in exchange for getting 26 Mondays off per year, I think I would do it.

Prog Snob

Quote from: Chino on November 02, 2015, 05:52:23 AM
If I was given the option of getting no vacation time in exchange for getting 26 Mondays off per year, I think I would do it.

That's something to contemplate.

ReaperKK

Prog Snob

Kotowboy

Morning / Afternoon / Evening Reap. Got three days off. fancied a bike ride. Caught bus to Dad's farm where bike lives.

Got all kitted up - put the key in. Pressed the starter.

NOTHING.

Battery dead for some reason. Charging overnight and trying again tomorrow.

ReaperKK

Quote from: Kotowboy on November 02, 2015, 11:04:47 AM
Morning / Afternoon / Evening Reap. Got three days off. fancied a bike ride. Caught bus to Dad's farm where bike lives.

Got all kitted up - put the key in. Pressed the starter.

NOTHING.

Battery dead for some reason. Charging overnight and trying again tomorrow.

That sucks :( My battery can barely hold a charge but that's because I've waited so long between rides.

Listening to some Robert Plant, 'Silver Rider' is one hell of a song.,

Kotowboy

Was perfect weather too. Och well. If it's the same tomorrow i'll try again.

Kotowboy

BlobVanDam

ReaperKK

Kotowboy

BlobVanDam

Kotowboy

I are up also too . Been watching sum Yoo Tewb. I cant spel b4 1pm and itz noon fortie nao

ReaperKK

Morning guys. I'm currently looking at some online classes from my local university.

Kotowboy

BlobVanDam

Quote from: ReaperKK on November 03, 2015, 04:43:55 AM
Morning guys. I'm currently looking at some online classes from my local university.

Any particular area you're looking into?

I'm currently building the bridge of the original Enterprise.

ReaperKK

Not really, I'm just looking at some classes to help with my coding.

That sounds sweet! When do we get to see it blob?

BlobVanDam

Quote from: ReaperKK on November 03, 2015, 04:56:13 AM

What kind of coding? Internet type stuff, or making programs?

Here's my progress so far on the bridge. It's going to be made into a video, but I don't know how long that will take. I'm lazy, so possibly never.
https://www.blobvandam.com/link/enterprise_bridge.jpg

Kotowboy

Quote from: BlobVanDam on November 03, 2015, 04:45:18 AM
Quote from: ReaperKK on November 03, 2015, 04:43:55 AM

Any particular area you're looking into?

I'm currently building the bridge of the original Enterprise.

No bloody A. B. C or D. :getoffmylawn:

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Kotowboy on November 03, 2015, 05:05:02 AM
No bloody A. B. C or D. :getoffmylawn:

I'm also building the corridors of the D (for an unrelated project), which is a much nicer ship.

ReaperKK

Quote from: BlobVanDam on November 03, 2015, 05:01:09 AM
Quote from: ReaperKK on November 03, 2015, 04:56:13 AM

What kind of coding? Internet type stuff, or making programs?

Here's my progress so far on the bridge. It's going to be made into a video, but I don't know how long that will take. I'm lazy, so possibly never.
https://www.blobvandam.com/link/enterprise_bridge.jpg

Making programs, C# type stuff, I have a textbook I downloaded that I've been reading that is a pretty good learning tool.

The bridge looks great!! How far are you going to go in this recreation?

BlobVanDam

Quote from: ReaperKK on November 03, 2015, 05:12:19 AM
Making programs, C# type stuff, I have a textbook I downloaded that I've been reading that is a pretty good learning tool.

Cool. I'm sorta starting to migrate my code over to C#. It's not too different to what I'm used to.

Quote from: ReaperKK on November 03, 2015, 05:12:19 AM
The bridge looks great!! How far are you going to go in this recreation?

I'm just building the bridge for this one. It's a pretty straightfoward video, but I'm a perfectionist, so I want the bridge to look accurate.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

BlobVanDam