DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!

Started by ariich, March 21, 2015, 04:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

BlobVanDam

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

BlobVanDam

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Sir GuitarCozmo

Happy Cozmo Day.  Don't spam the spam thread.

Kotowboy

I figured the hardest bridge to design in all Star Trek had to be Enterprise NX-01

• It has to look futuristic compared to NOW

• But also it has to look WORSE than the original series Enterprise.

King Postwhore

Quote from: Sir GuitarCozmo on November 05, 2015, 08:12:03 AM

I so want to say Happy 11/5 never forget.   Lol

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Kotowboy on November 05, 2015, 08:28:29 AM
I figured the hardest bridge to design in all Star Trek had to be Enterprise NX-01

• It has to look futuristic compared to NOW

• But also it has to look WORSE than the original series Enterprise.

Yeah, I imagine that was a problem with all designing on that show. The network actually wanted the NX-01 to just be the Akira, which obviously the designers strongly objected to, so the NX-01 is kind of a compromise there to try and bring it back to pre-TOS.
But it's also hard to make something pre-TOS when it was a futuristic projection from the 1960s that now looks very dated in both look and predicted technology.

JayOctavarium

BlobVanDam

Hey Jay.

I couldn't get to sleep until about 9am this morning, then woke up around 1:30pm. Bleh.

JayOctavarium

lol

I went to bed at midnight last night and was up at 6. For work. On my day off.

And I should be asleep now for work tomorrow (It's 11pm)

but... meh

BlobVanDam

I think I still prefer my situation. At least I get to spend the day watching Doctor Who. :hat

JayOctavarium

I'm pretty happy with work at the moment.  That new upper management dude we got is pretty much staying out of ,  my supervisor is gaining more responsibilities (which trickle down to me)  and we are pretty much running things how we want them.. I'm basically #2 in command there and have actually been getting the respect I've been looking for that goes along with it...  And  I am allowed to actually make decisions which I couldn't make before.  The only slight complaint i have is I wouldn't mind more money...  But I just got a 10ish percent raise so I really gotta keep my mouth shut.

BlobVanDam

Sounds good. :tup Glad the new guy didn't turn out to be a dick.

Prog Snob

Quote from: Sir GuitarCozmo on November 05, 2015, 08:12:03 AM

Had I known, I would have baked a cake...or gotten baked. Or something...

King Postwhore

hefdaddy42

King Postwhore

hefdaddy42

King Postwhore

Though I'm not looking forward to splitting wood and stacking it tomorrow.

hefdaddy42

Me too.

Therefore, I won't be doing any of that.

King Postwhore

I will curse you and be envious.   The wife is going after to a pampered chef party.  It's pizza, beer and underwear for this guy Saturday night

hefdaddy42

Kotowboy

I love my new rota  :biggrin: !

5.5 hour shift today.

4 hours tomorrow

4 hours Sunday

Then 1.5 hours Monday, off Tue & Wed & 1.5 hours Thursday :) :)

King Postwhore

Prog Snob

King Postwhore

Prog Snob

King Postwhore

Training a new site manager.   Looking forward to the weekend.

Prog Snob

I don't have the patience to train people.

hefdaddy42

Prog Snob

King Postwhore

Quote from: Prog Snob on November 06, 2015, 11:17:03 AM
I don't have the patience to train people.

I have to have patience all the time.  It's tough not to lose it sometimes.