The Song Roulette Tracker Thread 3.0 - v. Betting on red just this once

Started by Bolsters, March 22, 2015, 03:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Bolsters

Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on May 26, 2020, 12:21:16 PM
Generally the rule is 3 roulettes going at a time. Since Ariich has the only active one, I'd say go for it whenever you are ready, but this isn't my show. :dunno:
Absolutely correct. Thanks for being on it when Katt posts questions at 5:16 in the morning. :lol
Bolsters™

The Walrus

Hey, it was the middle of the afternoon in places where it matters!  :lol

I'm... struggling with the OP. There's a lot to think about for this one. Most importantly I hope people have enough music to send 10-20 minutes of non-rock/metal/prog for 7 rounds.

ariich

Quote from: Kattelox on May 27, 2020, 07:04:50 AM
Most importantly I hope people have enough music to send 10-20 minutes of non-rock/metal/prog for 7 rounds.
It occurs to me that one benefit of doing the 10-20 minute approach is that it helps prevent people sending a one-off novelty song by an otherwise rock/metal band.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

jingle.boy

Quote from: ariich on May 27, 2020, 08:06:07 AM
Quote from: Kattelox on May 27, 2020, 07:04:50 AM
Most importantly I hope people have enough music to send 10-20 minutes of non-rock/metal/prog for 7 rounds.
It occurs to me that one benefit of doing the 10-20 minute approach is that it helps prevent people sending a one-off novelty song by an otherwise rock/metal band.

It occurs to me that one benefit problem of doing the 10-20 minute approach is that it helps prevents people sending a one-off novelty song by an otherwise rock/metal band.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

The Walrus

:lol Honestly, I would like to avoid people sending a one-off novelty song, so, 10-20 minutes is probably what I'm sticking with anyway. Big Hath, home, etc. won't have a problem with that, surely.  :hat

Crow

oh i was assuming you were going to do a straight song roulette

this lessens my interest a little  :corn

The Walrus

I just assumed you'd be sending an army of malfunctioning toilets each round anyway.

Crow

jingle.boy

Quote from: Kattelox on May 27, 2020, 08:11:24 AM
:lol Honestly, I would like to avoid people sending a one-off novelty song, so, 10-20 minutes is probably what I'm sticking with anyway. Big Hath, home, etc. won't have a problem with that, surely.  :hat

One-off novelty songs aside, most of the applicable acts I'd have to throw at this, I'm not terribly deep with - ie, they were popular A, or B-List radio hits from the 70s and 80s.  I figured I'd have enough of those to draw from.  But, to come up with minimum 3-4 songs x 7 acts ... that definitely poses a problem.

A quick scan of my potential inventory of bands/songs confirms most I only have 1 or 2 songs that I'd willingly play.  Prolly gonna have to take a pass. 

Ah... whatareyagonnado?
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Crow

I -do- have enough artists/music to play even with that rule, but I guarantee it will lower the average quality of my submissions by a considerable margin  :lol

Big Hath

I'm ok with a few songs/10-20 minutes per round, and probably prefer it so you can get a good sampling of each artist and I don't have to do so much narrowing down

Elite

Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

jingle.boy

Quote from: Big Hath on May 27, 2020, 11:15:58 AM
I'm ok with a few songs/10-20 minutes per round, and probably prefer it so you can get a good sampling of each artist and I don't have to do so much narrowing down

ariich

Quote from: Cyril on May 27, 2020, 11:01:00 AM
I -do- have enough artists/music to play even with that rule, but I guarantee it will lower the average quality of my submissions by a considerable margin  :lol
Then those are likely to be artists Katt wouldn't have been as interested in.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

Evermind

I may actually join that, Mike, provided your banned list doesn't have seven artists I just picked for your roulette. I've no interest in sending you metal as our tastes in that department are quite far apart, but maybe you'll enjoy some outside the box stuff I've got
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

The Walrus

I would've had a thread up earlier today but I got royally boned with a deluge of work today which is abnormal considering it's the middle of the week and I usually don't get flooded until Friday. But, I'm gonna do the 10-20 rule. If that's too much heat, GTFO of my kitchen!  :biggrin:

The last thing I'm struggling with is a banned list. Since this is a non-metal/prog/(most)rock roulette, the banlist is going to be VERY small and probably mostly filled with artists that would likely not get sent anyway. If I can get that figured out sometime in the next hour, my thread will be up tonight

Indiscipline

Is classical music a genre you're interested in being sent or is it too foppish a choice?

ariich

The Walrus

Quote from: Indiscipline on May 27, 2020, 01:54:36 PM
Is classical music a genre you're interested in being sent or is it too foppish a choice?

Classical music is very much welcome and encouraged; while I know a lot of classical music, there are pieces even by the most famous composers throughout the centuries that I am unfamiliar with, but also pieces by more obscure composers that I know. I would strongly discourage sending from the most popular composers and especially ones that I'm highly familiar with like Chopin and Beethoven, for example - especially the piano works. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like especially concerning classical music and what I like as that encompasses a gargantuan amount of music and styles, as you're well aware.

Thread coming in hot.

Indiscipline

Crow

The Walrus

Crow

so i might start up a roulette this weekend, we'll see

warning: it's not going to be a very serious (or very long) one

ariich

The Walrus

Quote from: Cyril on June 15, 2020, 02:17:31 PM
so i might start up a roulette this weekend, we'll see

warning: it's not going to be a very serious (or very long) one

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Indiscipline

"Not very serious" intrigues me.

Is it going to be one song per round?

Can I send exclusively 80's pop?

Crow

Indiscipline

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Indiscipline

Crow

Buddyhunter1

It's already been a year since my last roulette started, what the fuck