The Song Roulette Tracker Thread 3.0 - v. Betting on red just this once

Started by Bolsters, March 22, 2015, 03:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonestar

Hmmmmm.......I'd have to stay out of that one. I got show tunes and a few jazz tracks and that's it, I mean unless I can play a different Senri Kawaguchi project each round.

TAC

Quote from: Kattelox on May 23, 2020, 06:40:19 PM
I am not surprised Tim didn't know Axel-F either. You even seen those movies, bro?  :lol

I saw all three at the theaters. Sorry I didn't recognize the title. :P
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

The Walrus

Quote from: TAC on May 23, 2020, 06:42:40 PM
Quote from: Kattelox on May 23, 2020, 06:40:19 PM
I am not surprised Tim didn't know Axel-F either. You even seen those movies, bro?  :lol

I saw all three at the theaters. Sorry I didn't recognize the title. :P

Jeeze, I'm sorry. I hope they at least kissed you first. Did you ask for your money back?  :lol

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

Tim,  every time I see you post I say WTF in an elevated voice.

I'm at the point I need helium to continue. 
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

King Postwhore

Yes. It's when I see Tac with a "new" response.

I know it's a WTF moment.  Lol
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

The Walrus

Shadow Ninja 2.0

i don't know what is happening on this page, but i would join your nonmetal roulette, cattle ox.

Big Hath

Katt, sign me up for that one I guess (schedule permitting).  I have a few from those genres.

And I like how you specified country AND western.

jingle.boy

Damn... there's your winner.  Just look at the variety in his 6-pack album listening posts.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

The Walrus

Both of you would be most welcome for sure! I like this culling of the weenies well in advance. Okay. Maybe I will do this sooner than later after all. With the days getting longer I can get in more music when walking after work.

The Walrus

So is there a short list or can anyone go? I do feel weird about running one, I mean, my last one just wrapped up 2 months ago. But if nobody's planning on going... Plus, not gonna lie - not having the usual suspects and having some people who haven't played before or haven't played in a while should make for fun times, especially with the ban on rock, prog, and metal.

Puppies_On_Acid

Generally the rule is 3 roulettes going at a time. Since Ariich has the only active one, I'd say go for it whenever you are ready, but this isn't my show. :dunno:
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

TAC

The Walrus

Quote from: TAC on May 26, 2020, 12:22:24 PM
I may join as a Guest Judge. :lol

The peanut gallery would love to have you, Charlie Brown!

ariich

Yeah you can go whenever you like Mike.

Keen to make up for when I was MERCILESSLY ELIMINATED IN ROUND ONE last time.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

The Walrus

:lol :lol

All right! I suppose I'll have something up tomorrow then, it's a bit late today.

Crow

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Cyril on May 26, 2020, 01:11:06 PM
where the hell do you live that it's late for you today
Katt's an old man now. He listens to Jimmy Buffett unironically.
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

The Walrus

:lol :lol!!!

It's 3 PM here as of this post, but like, I have to write the OP and think about what my ban list would look like for this particular romp, and I don't want to rush that in 2 hours before I get off work. I won't be home for a couple hours after work either and after that I'm definitely not working on it, so it'll be tomorrow.

King Postwhore

He's got to get home before sunset to take his Metamucil so he can dance freely to those Buffet songs.

That's 4 threads now buddy.  :lol

The Walrus

Quote from: kingshmegland on May 26, 2020, 01:17:10 PM
He's got to get home before sunset to take his Metamucil so he can dance freely to those Buffet songs.

I hope the rain bends all 28 of your paper crowns  :lol :lol

King Postwhore

Quote from: Kattelox on May 26, 2020, 01:18:35 PM
Quote from: kingshmegland on May 26, 2020, 01:17:10 PM

I hope the rain bends all 28 of your paper crowns  :lol :lol

They never run out of those.   :lol

ariich

Mike, a question about the theme - do you have a sense of how much rock mixed in with other genres is acceptable? E.g. obviously they'll be banned but would funk-rock a la NFO be ok, or is that too much rock? I only know the songs you sent in my roulette, but they seem much more funk than rock based on those.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

The Walrus

Quote from: ariich on May 26, 2020, 01:25:04 PM
Mike, a question about the theme - do you have a sense of how much rock mixed in with other genres is acceptable? E.g. obviously they'll be banned but would funk-rock a la NFO be ok, or is that too much rock? I only know the songs you sent in my roulette, but they seem much more funk than rock based on those.

That's a good question. I suppose something like NFO would fly; whenever I think NFO I don't think riffs or big guitar solos, I think groove and huge vocal hooks, so yeah, funk-rock would work. I guess 'ban' is the wrong word, but the aim of the game is to avoid rock/metal/prog, so in a pinch I'd take it. See also my reply to Chad using songs like Meadows of Heaven and Spiritual Man as 'gotcha' picks from otherwise metal/rock/prog bands.

That question is also why I need the rest of the night to mull over the OP tomorrow.

ariich

Yeah that's cool, and I think you and I are on the same page, I just wanted to check. :tup

jingle.boy

I was going to have a similar question.  I've got more than a few things that have a rock undertone, but the primary feel/vibe is something else - folk/celtic, pop, contemporary, soft-rock, blues etc...  I'm not at all in to rap, hip-hop, classical etc... things that would have zero flavours of rock.

I might PM you some things and you tell me if they would fly from a stylistic perspective.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Indiscipline

The Walrus

I will be gentle... at first.  :biggrin:

Chad, I'm gonna be more lenient with rock-based music given how prevalent the style is and I would like to at least throw a bone to the audience here considering rock music is most likely the most common style of music that brings us all together to some degree. But metal and prog... GTFO.

Working on the OP now, thread will be up tomorrow.

King Postwhore

TAC

King Postwhore

TAC

King Postwhore