News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Still "a thing" since 2007.

Main Menu

Bands you feel you are the only fan of on this forum

Started by Gwii, August 10, 2009, 08:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Castle

Quote from: orcus116 on April 26, 2013, 06:24:11 PM
The new album is completely different. I can see where the WIFE influence comes in.
I also noticed some Weaking influence, mainly in the vocals. I really dig the new album!

Lucien

The Enid: A fairly underground symphonic prog band (British)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nycn7IV0H3I

Paul Winter Consort: Not prog at all, more new age/jazz, but some really amazing things come from it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh9gnAex_A4

King Postwhore

Quote from: Rattlehead on April 26, 2013, 06:09:54 PM
Midnight Oil  :tup

It's time to battle.  BTW Earth & Sun and Moon is my favorite album.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Rattlehead

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 26, 2013, 06:59:04 PM
Quote from: Rattlehead on April 26, 2013, 06:09:54 PM
Midnight Oil  :tup

It's time to battle.  BTW Earth & Sun and Moon is my favorite album.

Nice  :metal I honestly still haven't heard all of their albums, but Diesel And Dust and Breathe are my favorites.

King Postwhore

Underwater is a killer tune.

Their last album Capricornia is fantastic.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Rattlehead

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 26, 2013, 07:27:17 PM
Underwater is a killer tune.

Their last album Capricornia is fantastic.

Absolutely  :tup and Capricornia is one of their albums that I haven't listened to yet, so I will have to check that one out.

Dark Castle

While I'm in here, I'd say with certainty I've never seen anyone else post about Cough.

Nel_Annette

Is Midnight Oil the one with that "How can we sleep when the beds are burning?" song?

Cuz... I know that song.  :lol

BlobVanDam

Quote from: Nel on April 26, 2013, 11:53:23 PM
Is Midnight Oil the one with that "How can we sleep when the beds are burning?" song?

Cuz... I know that song.  :lol

Yep, that's them. Unfortunately I know a few of their songs, since they were somewhat popular here. Hell, the singer is currently a big minister of something in our country.

Nel_Annette

The thing about that song is, I absolutely love that chorus, but that guy's vocals are the absolute worst thing ever on the verses. It's a song I both love and hate.

jingle.boy

Quote from: obscure on April 26, 2013, 03:33:40 PM
Jingle.boy -- > Shania Twain  & Celine Dion   :P

Hey now!  Shania .... one album, absolutely.  Celine... 3 or 4 songs, sure.  Overall fan... notsomuch. 

I still have my man-parts.

I'd add Pathosray and Amadeus Awad to the list, but I know someone around here who "has website" that is a fan.

:friendlypunchintheshoulder:
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Sketchy

obscure

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 27, 2013, 05:37:45 AM
I'd add Pathosray and Amadeus Awad to the list, but I know someone around here who "has website" that is a fan.

:lol

PS: soon there will be a lot of Amadeus Awad fans around these circles  ;)

jingle.boy

Quote from: obscure on April 27, 2013, 07:54:31 AM
Quote from: jingle.boy on April 27, 2013, 05:37:45 AM

:lol

PS: soon there will be a lot of Amadeus Awad fans around these circles  ;)

I tried to do my part.  Got a little buzz a few weeks ago.  Quite the list of contributors this time around.
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

LieLowTheWantedMan

obscure

Silver Tears

Any Skywatchers fans out there? (apart from Ian :P )

SoundscapeMN

Quote from: WildeSilas on April 26, 2013, 03:29:14 PM
Jellyfish
Galactic Cowboys
Atomic Opera

yeah I dig all of these bands, especially Jellyfish.

I also like Caravan and saw them live at Nearfest in 2002. "For Richard" live definitely is quite  :metal

Also a fan of Mike Patton's, although mostly Faith No More and a bit of Mr.Bungle.

Mladen

Well, I'll try this once again: Blur, anyone? Or am I alone here?  :smiley:

obscure

umm probably ... :p

Quote from: SoundscapeMN on April 27, 2013, 03:18:13 PM
Also a fan of Mike Patton's, although mostly Faith No More and a bit of Mr.Bungle.
now you mister by no means the only fan here.. there are plenty ;)

Super Dude

ColdFireYYZ

orcus116

Quote from: Dark Castle on April 26, 2013, 06:27:42 PM
Quote from: orcus116 on April 26, 2013, 06:24:11 PM
The new album is completely different. I can see where the WIFE influence comes in.
I also noticed some Weaking influence, mainly in the vocals. I really dig the new album!

It's going to take some getting used to but damn do they seem to know what they're doing.

LieLowTheWantedMan

ColdFireYYZ

Quote from: LieLowTheWantedMan on April 28, 2013, 07:02:56 PM
Any Motorpsycho fans in da house?
I got The Death Defying Unicorn for Christmas. There so much going on in that album and it gets better every time I listen to it. I have their new album on my wishlist.

Onno

Daniƫl Lohues. Why? Because he's Dutch and pretty much only well known here in Holland, and even here he's not really extremely famous.

wkiml

Quote from: WildeSilas on April 26, 2013, 03:29:14 PM
Did I already respond to this?

Galactic Cowboys
   Mutiny Within

your not the only one...I tried to pimp the shit out of the Mutiny Within debut here but that thread fell far short of impressing anyone

Sketchy

I would say Cold Fairyland/Lin Di, but I seem to remember someone else knowing who they were and liking them too.

obscure

Vandroya.... well there are few more... and will be loads more soon.....

LieLowTheWantedMan

Quote from: ColdFireYYZ on April 28, 2013, 07:57:01 PM
Quote from: LieLowTheWantedMan on April 28, 2013, 07:02:56 PM
Any Motorpsycho fans in da house?
I got The Death Defying Unicorn for Christmas. There so much going on in that album and it gets better every time I listen to it. I have their new album on my wishlist.
Great album. :) Very different from earlier stuff though. They're one of the most eclectic bands around.

FireForADryMouth

A Northern Chorus. Recommend checking out their album "Bitter Hands Resign".

jingle.boy

Quote from: obscure on April 30, 2013, 11:59:35 AM
Vandroya.... well there are few more... and will be loads more soon.....

Me, Lowdz and RJ at a minimum.

Rattlehead

Anyone else listen to He Is Legend? Not sure if they were already mentioned because I don't feel like going through the entire thread.  :lol

Dark Castle

Quote from: Rattlehead on May 01, 2013, 08:32:43 AM
Anyone else listen to He Is Legend? Not sure if they were already mentioned because I don't feel like going through the entire thread.  :lol
love He Is Legend  :tup