News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Still "a thing" since 2007.

Main Menu

Bands you feel you are the only fan of on this forum

Started by Gwii, August 10, 2009, 08:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

2 album and now they reformed and are working on the third album.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Kwyjibo

Did someone mention Stoppok already? A german folk-rocker? If not I claim to be the only fan here.

Stadler

BlobVanDam

home

Syd Barrett, I really love his solo work :azn:

Evermind

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Stadler

Blackmore is my favorite musician ever, and while I could do without some of the lyrics (just the lyrics, not the singing; I think Candace is a better singer than she gets credit for), if I had a wish, it would be to sit in a room with Ritchie and his acoustic guitar and just watch him play.   I think that guy is a master, and I don't think there are as many people as people think that could do that kind of music the justice that Ritchie has.

TheCountOfNYC

I may be the only Sum 41 fan on the forums. If there are any others, please let me know.

Architeuthis

Billy Sherwood played with YES for a few years in the 90s..

Evermind

I absolutely love Blackmore's on acoustic guitar. Those moments on DVDs / live concerts when he gets to sit down with his guitar and just do a solo over the next five minutes are the best.

Early Minstrel Hall and Fires at Midnight live guitar solos are pure bliss.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

King Postwhore

Quote from: Architeuthis on February 11, 2016, 09:44:06 AM
Billy Sherwood played with YES for a few years in the 90s..

And produced a few of their albums as well.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Architeuthis

ThatOneGuy2112

Quote from: TheCountOfNYC on February 11, 2016, 09:42:37 AM
I may be the only Sum 41 fan on the forums. If there are any others, please let me know.

I used to listen to them a hell of a lot when I was in middle school and high school. They were probably one of my first tastes of alt rock and pop punk. I think when Underclass Hero came out is when my interest in them teetered out, but I could probably give Chuck a spin and still enjoy it. :tup

Train of Naught

I love Sum 41 dude, I even had 2 of their albums in my top 50 albums.

I always thought it would just be a childhood hype but I still like most of their stuff. I'm not as much of a fan of their punk-y side, but Chuck is awesome. Also, I absolutely love their latest album, I stumbled upon it one year ago or so on youtube and it re-ignited my love for the band, what's your opinion on Screaming Bloody Murder?

Quote from: ThatOneGuy2112 on February 11, 2016, 12:26:58 PM
I think when Underclass Hero came out is when my interest in them teetered out, but I could probably give Chuck a spin and still enjoy it. :tup
Yep. That's where I stopped as well, very lackluster. Screaming Bloody Murder was the comeback they needed though (this was without Brown Sounds but I think he re-joined by now), it's the closest they got to their Chuck sound IMO.

Prog Snob

Barney Rubble and the Cunt Stubble... yes this is a real band. Quite hysterical, too.

King Postwhore

It's all yours. :lol

Is it a comedic album lyrically John?  I have a friend that loves that style of music.

twosuitsluke

Definitely a Sum 41 fan, absolutely love Does This Look Infected and Chuck. To be fair I haven't listened to any of their albums after Brownsound left the band but he's back in the fold now  :biggrin:
Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

Prog Snob

Quote from: kingshmegland on February 11, 2016, 12:53:51 PM
It's all yours. :lol

Is it a comedic album lyrically John?  I have a friend that loves that style of music.

Yes. It's really funny. Some song titles: Ziggy the Midget and his Six Foot Prick, Erotic Facial Cream, Butt Slut, and Black Leather Nun.

SwedishGoose

City Boy - A fantastic english rock group with progressive tendencies who released 7 albums from 1976 to 1981 (the last one only in Scandinavia).

Here is the title track from my favorite album of theirs (and one of my all time favorite albums).

The day the earth caught fire:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2buwyhFQWU

Sadly they never got the attention they deserved even though they had one single that some might have heard, 5.7.0.5, which entered the top 10 in britain and has been included on compilations of 70ties music.

Stadler

I'm not sure this qualifies, but I am a pretty big fan of Nektar. 

Mladen

I'm not a huge fan, but Remember the future is one of my favorite prog albums.

Anguyen92

Quote from: Counselor of Prog on February 11, 2016, 05:18:33 AM
Lessee. Here goes...

Out of that long list you got there, I like Decyfer Down and Red out of the bunch.  I enjoyed Decyfer Down's End of Grey album and found Red's songs to be good for the most part. 

Now to rethink through from the last time I posted in this thread, I'm going to add Breaking Benjamin, Skillet, and Switchfoot to the list.

Big Hath

Lessee. Here goes...

Barren Cross
DC Talk
Degarmo & Key
Demon Hunter
Geoff Moore
Guardian
Holy Soldier
Idle Cure
The Imperials
Jars of Clay
John Elefante
Keith Green
Larry Norman
Margaret Becker
Mastedon
Michael W. Smith
Mylon Lefevre & Broken Heart
Needtobreathe
Petra
PFR
Rich Mullins
Steve Taylor
Theocracy

I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of all these, but I at least have some or all of their stuff.  Theocracy has a decent following here.

no Burlap to Cashmere, Steven Curtis Chapman, Bride, Tourniquet, Third Day, Newsboys, Whitecross, White Heart, Halo, etc?

Kwyjibo

Burning Water/Raging Honkies, the more rocking projects of Michael Landau?

King Postwhore

TheCountOfNYC

Quote from: Train of Naught on February 11, 2016, 12:39:08 PM

I love Sum 41 dude, I even had 2 of their albums in my top 50 albums.

I always thought it would just be a childhood hype but I still like most of their stuff. I'm not as much of a fan of their punk-y side, but Chuck is awesome. Also, I absolutely love their latest album, I stumbled upon it one year ago or so on youtube and it re-ignited my love for the band, what's your opinion on Screaming Bloody Murder?

I think it's their best album. I love All Killer No Filler, Does This Look Infected, and Chuck, but the songwriting on Screaming Bloody Murder feels a little more mature.

Sacul

Zantera

Sacul

Fav albums? For me they'd be:

Program Music I

Re:
April #02/88

Crow

i know there's basically like two or three other people here who are east of the wall fans but i'm pretty much a fanboy now and nobody seems to care about them here, which is sad

Train of Naught

I thought those opening Apologist tracks were pretty great, I honestly haven't paid any attention to the roulette albums recently, but I should.

home

Crow

Quote from: Train of Naught on February 12, 2016, 09:51:33 AM
I thought those opening Apologist tracks were pretty great, I honestly haven't paid any attention to the roulette albums recently, but I should.
honestly at this point i wouldn't say any of those are in my top 3 for the album, either, but then again when i sent the combo of 2 of my top 3, i got the lowest score of any round in the roulette championships, so  :lol

Zantera

Quote from: Sacul on February 12, 2016, 09:46:41 AM
Fav albums? For me they'd be:

Program Music I

Re:
April #02/88

Program Music I is definitely the best IMO. April. #02 would be nr2, then maybe 88 as nr3. Haven't heard all the albums, but I guess I should.

splent

Quote from: Big Hath on February 11, 2016, 08:54:19 PM
Lessee. Here goes...

Barren Cross
DC Talk
Degarmo & Key
Demon Hunter
Geoff Moore
Guardian
Holy Soldier
Idle Cure
The Imperials
Jars of Clay
John Elefante
Keith Green
Larry Norman
Margaret Becker
Mastedon
Michael W. Smith
Mylon Lefevre & Broken Heart
Needtobreathe
Petra
PFR
Rich Mullins
Steve Taylor
Theocracy

I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of all these, but I at least have some or all of their stuff.  Theocracy has a decent following here.

no Burlap to Cashmere, Steven Curtis Chapman, Bride, Tourniquet, Third Day, Newsboys, Whitecross, White Heart, Halo, etc?

Yeah classic CCM. Was my main middle school listening. Steve Taylor's music is vastly underrated.