Bands you feel you are the only fan of on this forum

Started by Gwii, August 10, 2009, 08:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. DTVT

I was listening to STP before you were born...

however I no longer listen to them.

Birch Boy

Quote from: dreamtheatervt on May 24, 2010, 05:08:10 PM
I was listening to STP before you were born...

however I no longer listen to them.
:whatthe:

Oh yeah now that I think about it, didn't you post the link to the new video?

Ravenheart

Nightingale. Truly one of the most under-appreciated bands ever. Dan Swano is a genius.

Others: Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Skyfire, Kalmah.

PuffyPat

Brand New. I love all their albums, and almost all their songs, and Jesse Lacey's voice is awesome.

bodiesinflight

Quote from: PuffyPat on May 24, 2010, 06:39:10 PM
Brand New. I love all their albums, and almost all their songs, and Jesse Lacey's voice is awesome.

The Devil And God... is one of the greatest albums ever written. Jesse is a fantastic songwriter.

'Spect they have quite a few fans on here.

bodiesinflight

Quote from: ravenheart on May 24, 2010, 06:37:13 PM
Nightingale. Truly one of the most under-appreciated bands ever. Dan Swano is a genius.

Pretty good bands from what I've heard but need to listen to them more to form a proper opinion

AwakeFromOctavarium

Although not a band, I don't think anyone here's a fan of Justin Timberlake. Though I don't listen to him these days, he's one of the few pop artists that I actually enjoy.

Volk9

Quote from: AwakeFromOctavarium on May 26, 2010, 07:50:31 AM
Although not a band, I don't think anyone here's a fan of Justin Timberlake. Though I don't listen to him these days, he's one of the few pop artists that I actually enjoy.

Same. I made a thread on him a long time ago.

contest_sanity

Quote from: Volk9 on May 26, 2010, 07:57:04 AM
Quote from: AwakeFromOctavarium on May 26, 2010, 07:50:31 AM

Same. I made a thread on him a long time ago.
I like Justin Timberlake.  He makes great, catchy pop. "Bring It On In To Omeletteville."

EPICVIEW

Ravenheart

Quote from: bodiesinflight on May 25, 2010, 02:37:46 AM

Pretty good bands from what I've heard but need to listen to them more to form a proper opinion
I highly recommend them :) Two of the best and most underrated melodic death metal bands out there.

PuffyPat

Quote from: bodiesinflight on May 25, 2010, 02:36:36 AM
Quote from: PuffyPat on May 24, 2010, 06:39:10 PM

The Devil And God... is one of the greatest albums ever written. Jesse is a fantastic songwriter.

'Spect they have quite a few fans on here.

Well that's a relief.

Volk9

thecrowing

SoundscapeMN

Emanuel and the Fear. More people around here really should listen to them and their debut album "Listen."

It's prog, if people need to see that word as a description.
"I have facility enough that I can throw down something, and play it, and play it correctly, and play it in time, but that doesn't make good records.  What makes good records for me, is when you capture a performance or you get some feeling that you get on tape and that you know you can't plan for it" -Kevin Gilbert

bodiesinflight

Quote from: ravenheart on May 26, 2010, 12:50:06 PM

I highly recommend them :) Two of the best and most underrated melodic death metal bands out there.

Don't worry they're already on my hideously long list of bands I need to listen to a lot more!

Birch Boy

Quote from: bodiesinflight on May 27, 2010, 02:46:59 AM

Don't worry they're already on my hideously long list of bands I need to listen to a lot more!
I have a 15-page long Microsoft Word document of music that I need to check out.

bodiesinflight

Quote from: Birch Boy on May 27, 2010, 09:44:09 AM
Quote from: bodiesinflight on May 27, 2010, 02:46:59 AM

I have a 15-page long Microsoft Word document of music that I need to check out.

Nah, it's a spreadsheet for me!

MetalManiac666

Dunno if I already posted this, but Will Smith.

Sigz

Let's see:

Genghis Tron
Polvo
Electro Quarterstaff
Giraffes? Giraffes!
Marnie Stern

sonatafanica

Fucking Genghis Tron. *remembers freshman year of high school*

Sigz

InstrumentalFiasco

Streetlight Manifesto - Probably my favorite Ska/Rock band of all-time...Ex Catch 22 singer/guitarist.
The Starting Line
Talib Kweli

Volk9

Sigz

Yeah, there's a few Streetlight Manifesto fans on here (myself included).

Gwii

Birch Boy

I'm also a streetlight fan. If it wasn't for them, getting around at night would be a lot harder.

Volk9

PuffyPat

Quote from: Birch Boy on May 28, 2010, 05:13:21 PM
I'm also a streetlight fan. If it wasn't for them, getting around at night would be a lot harder.

This, as well as Streetlight Manifesto.

PuffyPat

Does anyone here listen to NOFX? I've recently been listening to them a lot lately, and was wondering if anyone else here was a fan.

Sigz

Quote from: Birch Boy on May 28, 2010, 05:13:21 PM

I'm not a fan of streetlights. It makes raping bums much harder to do without getting caught. You'd think that no one would care cause they're bums, but apparently the cops still consider them people. *shrug*

ResultsMayVary

I feel like I'm the only fan of the bands Of Mice & Men and Miss May I. I like to see someone prove me wrong, though. :P

chknptpie

Quote from: PuffyPat on June 01, 2010, 07:26:01 PM
Does anyone here listen to NOFX? I've recently been listening to them a lot lately, and was wondering if anyone else here was a fan.

I like some of their stuff, but not all of it.

Gwii

Quote from: ResultsMayVary on June 01, 2010, 08:34:11 PM
I feel like I'm the only fan of the bands Of Mice & Men and Miss May I. I like to see someone prove me wrong, though. :P

I like Miss May I